Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Scratch that.

Getting in contact re: Rock, Planet, Shotgun taking part in a Vanu alliance on Miller.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Taking part in a Vanu alliance?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

There's queues already, so beware tonight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Yep, currently sitting at position 583.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Yeah the queues are a pain and moving a lot slower than the estimate suggests.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    The game is running like arse atm, buggy as hell, horrible latency, really weird interpolation problems, etc. and now it's crashed on me so I'm not spending another 30mins in a 7min queue.

Will give this one some time before I consider playing it in the evenings (was fine this morning when it was obviously less populated).

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    The game is running like arse atm, buggy as hell, horrible latency, really weird interpolation problems, etc. and now it's crashed on me so I'm not spending another 30mins in a 7min queue.

Will give this one some time before I consider playing it in the evenings (was fine this morning when it was obviously less populated).
    Thanks for the heads up, will not waste my time waiting then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Finally gave this some time, and I am hooked. I am on the team with the godawful rock music because I liked their outlook. Being a sneaky snipey bastard is terrific - it really feels like you can wander round the landscape looking for targets, and sneak off to the side of a battle to get a good flanking position, rather than just being a boring floating head twitch shooter.

Anyway, um. Once my PC cools down (seriously, this game makes my year-old PC cry - I had to quit just not right as I was opening up a path for an attack, because the game melted), I'll hopefully be joining you lot tonight, though my microphone is borked.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Finally gave this some time, and I am hooked. I am on the team with the godawful rock music because I liked their outlook. Being a sneaky snipey bastard is terrific - it really feels like you can wander round the landscape looking for targets, and sneak off to the side of a battle to get a good flanking position, rather than just being a boring floating head twitch shooter.

Anyway, um. Once my PC cools down (seriously, this game makes my year-old PC cry - I had to quit just not right as I was opening up a path for an attack, because the game melted), I'll hopefully be joining you lot tonight, though my microphone is borked.
    The rockmusic team is the New Conglomerate. On wednesdays we play Vanu Sovereignty, which is the technomusic team. So you probably will not be joining us as much as fighting against us.

On Fridays the RPS NC outfit plays. If you're on the Miller server, you can hop on Mumble, join the NC channel and ask for an outfit invite. From there on just follow the squad leaders

Gave the game a try and...
    Day one of an MMO: Bugs and lag. Looks interesting if it runs stable at any point.

Activated Node
    Just had a good hour. Funniest moment was at the start, me and another random guy jump into a hover tank, poodle about a bit until we have a good 3 tanks in one group, take off to the nearest base, manage to kill off 2 tanks in a blazing close range exchange. And what gets us? A friendly tank ramming us from behind

A bit laggy, but it sure does have potential.
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "CATS", he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.”

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Was fun today. But I disconnected and decided to leave. All that screenshake gives me a headace.
    Have to figure out on what I want to spend my ~ 5500 sc. I already have the AA rocket, so I think Im gonna pimp out my HA and lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Scratch that.

Getting in contact re: Rock, Planet, Shotgun taking part in a Vanu alliance on Miller.
    Nice. Also, already spent StationCash on my Vanu char on Miller. Here's hoping SOE will see reason and allow characters from other factions on same server.

Also, a link from the Planetside subreddit with an explanation on why Prosiebensat are bad.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    The rockmusic team is the New Conglomerate. On wednesdays we play Vanu Sovereignty, which is the technomusic team. So you probably will not be joining us as much as fighting against us.

On Fridays the RPS NC outfit plays. If you're on the Miller server, you can hop on Mumble, join the NC channel and ask for an outfit invite. From there on just follow the squad leaders
    Yeah, I read as much, thanks. Tried to join tonight for ages but the continent was full, so I killed time on another one. Honestly, I doubt I'll play the Vanu nights much. The blue guys I started with are the only ones whose weapons feel like they're actually doing anything, so I'll probably stick with them. Man, opening up a flank in this game is fantastic fun, and the weapons (at least for the blue dudes) feel pretty good. I've had a fair few kills with a pistol, when in most games you might as well give up at that point, unless you've played for 400 hours and have the reflexes of a jacked up cat. The combination of cloak and sniper rifle is just marvellous.

Anyone have any tips on how to stop this game from frying my PC? I've never known anything like it, I can't play for more than an hour or two before the game just sends my PC into meltdown.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Well, last night was epic enough. Near full platoon for a fair bit of it.

I entirely forgot to record anything for prosperity. Heads up that next week there will be an outfit photo at some point. Bring your best slighty-glowing neon trims...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Got a chance to play just now (did play a bit of beta) and despite the ridiculous lag it was great! Can definitely see the potential.

Anyways I'm Loctope on Miller need to bodge some mic arrangement together though.
    (On that front, anyone recommend a good, cheapish mic? Not a headset as I already have headphones)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaunchJC View Post
    Got a chance to play just now (did play a bit of beta) and despite the ridiculous lag it was great! Can definitely see the potential.

Anyways I'm Loctope on Miller need to bodge some mic arrangement together though.
    (On that front, anyone recommend a good, cheapish mic? Not a headset as I already have headphones)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedlink-IN...3589770&sr=1-4

This'n, I bought one in April 2012 and it's still going strong.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 22-11-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Found on Reddit. Fear the trance!
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

Obscure Node
    figured I'd post this in the correct thread, but I'd love an invite to the Vanu outfit - Name is Razgon and I'm on Miller - see you all ingame!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Just to point out to people, if you get stuck in the queue where it hasnt moved for a minute or two, leave the queue and rejoin. Tried this several times over the last day and every time I do it I just at least 50 places if not more