Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    From what I understand of it (there's more people talking about this in another PS2 thread on here), anyone who had a beta account is fine.

Anyone who makes an account from today, cannot use the Steam installer because it is giving out the NA restricted version of PS2. You need to go to the .eu site and download the installer from there. You also need to make your account on the .eu domain, I believe through ProSieben.

They've stated before that it doesn't matter who your account is managed by, you'll all play on the same servers.
    you can use the Steam installer - you just need to go into steamapps and alter the ini file - http://steamcommunity.com/app/218230...6056588284919/

I have never met this guy, yet still I love him for saving me having to download the enormous install again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Well, last night was epic enough. Near full platoon for a fair bit of it.

I entirely forgot to record anything for prosperity. Heads up that next week there will be an outfit photo at some point. Bring your best slighty-glowing neon trims...
    I recorded the part where we rolled out with a dozen magriders and my sunderer. I also recorded a bit later where we made the tactical retreat "Where should we go?" "It doesn't matter JUST RUN!"

I used the ingame recorder so I don't have voice I'm afraid.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I also recorded a bit later where we made the tactical retreat "Where should we go?" "It doesn't matter JUST RUN!"
    I am clearly a born leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    So I got to play a fair bit yesterday, server was much better behaving, I got the invite to the outfit, tried out most of the classes and even managed to link up with the rps-gang for a capture or two. So it was fun, mostly played Light Assault and jet packed around picking off snipers from the hills and shooting <other faction>-scum in the back. I also died, a lot, but that's to be expected I think.

Obscure Node
    So, anyone in the outfit who can invite to the Vanu faction on Miller? Razgon is the name- thanks!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by razgon View Post
    So, anyone in the outfit who can invite to the Vanu faction on Miller? Razgon is the name- thanks!
    Me too please? =) I just registered just to play with you guys, my nick is Thorlag

I can invite you (most people can), but the problem is you have to be playing Planetside2 for it to work. Your best bet is to join the Mumble channel and ask there, because when people are in there they are probably playing.

Obscure Node
    Sadly, due to setup and family i won't be joining the mumble thingie.

Oh well- I guess its not meant to be then. There are probably other outfits :-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    whats wrong with the mumble thingy? It's free, setup is 5 minutes absolute max (you can do it while you queue), if you need a mic you can get one for a fiver, and you can always just listen and never speak - "can I get an invite to the outfit" is literally the only thing you would ever need to say.

Obscure Node
    As I wrote - Nevermind then - while it would have been fun to play with the RPS crowd, the current outfit invitation system isn't very flexible, and as such, It will become difficult for me to join since the mumble thing isn't an option . Its fine though - There are other options :-)

Quote Originally Posted by razgon View Post
    Sadly, due to setup and family i won't be joining the mumble thingie.

Oh well- I guess its not meant to be then. There are probably other outfits :-)
    Send me a friend request in game (Cooper)

I'll send an invite next time I'm online at the same time as you.

Friend requests can be sent when the other player is offline, outfit requests can't. There are ways around it.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Thanks Cooper - I'll do just that!

Activated Node
    whats the name of this outfit?

Activated Node
    Just a short hello and thank you for the invite yesterday. This game is a lot more fun with a crowd !
    Oh, one question - I still have the cash from the Alpha Squad package collecting dust. Are there recommendations for unlocks ? From the beta I think I'd probably focus on infiltrator, light assault and engineer with a sunderer, depending on what is needed. If you can still call that focus, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
    Just a short hello and thank you for the invite yesterday. This game is a lot more fun with a crowd !
    Oh, one question - I still have the cash from the Alpha Squad package collecting dust. Are there recommendations for unlocks ? From the beta I think I'd probably focus on infiltrator, light assault and engineer with a sunderer, depending on what is needed. If you can still call that focus, of course.
    Giraffe print camo
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Apart from giraffe camo, maybe a shotgun? Have found it handy on my medic at least in close quarters. As for Infiltrator maybe the other sniper rifles could be good.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

I would suggest the Solstice SF. Engi and LA can carry it and you can add underbarrel grenadelauncher or smokescreen.

Oh and as my infiltrator never snipers but infiltrates bases and stuff, i could not live without the Artemis for him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I love the "mauser" or whatever is called the weapon. Feels like a shotgun, and is not automatic, but have a lot of punch, and the thumb thumb sound of shots are satisfying. I really love it, and I have buy the "slug ammo" that seems to make it even better. I could equip it for engineer and medic. I would love to have it for infiltrator

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Giraffe print camo
    Just saw it in action. Nice. But that is your schtick.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Apart from giraffe camo, maybe a shotgun? Have found it handy on my medic at least in close quarters. As for Infiltrator maybe the other sniper rifles could be good.
    Yes, I have been eyeing them greedily. Question is, which one is good ? Have been doing quite a bit of infiltration during the beta, though I suck at it. Shotguns might change that. Alternatively, is there a good pistol to go as a sidearm, one with an actual punch ?
    As for snipers, I find I quite like the one unlocked by the alpha package. V10 is the name ?

Edit: Ah, ok. Read up a bit on a wiki - no shotguns for infiltrators. Sad day. But the Artemis seems nice, just the right thing. And since the game allows to save multiple configurations it seems pretty easy to decide. Thanks !
    Last edited by Farnsworth; 25-11-2012 at 09:12 PM.