Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Nc nights on friday, Vs is tomorrow. Feel free to add me on steam id:wafflynumber

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Just putting this here as it seems to be the thread currently read the most:

Login to:
    http://www.freerealms.com
    and
    https://www.clonewarsadventures.com

to get free 170 station cash

As it seems you have to create a char in freerealms (reports differ, it's not even clear if its 170 or 340 sc you can get through this). I only got 170 from one source, I think it was clone wars as I am currently on my linux laptop which cannot run the free realms plugin.
    Last edited by bonkers; 20-11-2012 at 10:23 PM.

My intention was to play with THE definitive RPS outfit, even if that meant picking VS over NC. I'm not going to roll two accounts myself as I'm lazy.

I'm abstaining from the vote, but will land on the side that seems most active. In my mind, having VS on one server and NC on another makes more sense, but that's me.

Sorry that this post wasn't more constructive...

Hey guys I really want to play with you guys and some friends here in Malta. I told them to create characters on Miller NC side. They ve already done that as have I and it would suck if we had to move server now that we agreed on one.

So my vote goes to NC on Miller.

I also am already NC on Miller and i do not really understand the whole problem.
    Is everybody running several characters? Why? I can only earn Certs on one at a time anyways and then id rather play the one who already got the earlier certs. I thought we had outfits on different factions so that everybody can join at least one of them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    I also am already NC on Miller and i do not really understand the whole problem.
    Is everybody running several characters? Why? I can only earn Certs on one at a time anyways and then id rather play the one who already got the earlier certs. I thought we had outfits on different factions so that everybody can join at least one of them.
    Yes, but we run different weekly nights and a fair few of us care less about having one character with loads of certs as just hopping in with whatever empire's night it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Our fearless leader, Cooper, in the throes of action!

Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Activated Node
    Is it me or do the VS always seem like they are heels retreating? I do notice most servers tend to have them as the lowest population, but not by a large margin.

Hey all,

Is it possible for us to get a poll put up here to see exactly how many people want to main in each faction?

Honestly looking at the # of people we have...(based on what I saw in one night at launch) it might be better to get everyone in the same faction on the same server so we have more bodies on the ground.
    We have to fill 48 people after all for a full RPS outfit.

Once we figure out the primary faction, that one can be created on Miller, and the other faction(s) on other servers as secondaries.

Quote Originally Posted by arthur5863 View Post
    Hey all,

Is it possible for us to get a poll put up here to see exactly how many people want to main in each faction?

Honestly looking at the # of people we have...(based on what I saw in one night at launch) it might be better to get everyone in the same faction on the same server so we have more bodies on the ground.

Once we figure out the primary faction, that one can be created on Miller, and the other faction(s) on other servers as secondaries.
    This.

PS: Some handy newbie vids here. Reverse flying included! http://www.planetside2.com/game-tutorials

How active are the outfits the other nights? I'd prefer VS, but Wednesdays are not always possible for me...

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Just putting this here as it seems to be the thread currently read the most:

Login to:
    http://www.freerealms.com
    and
    https://www.clonewarsadventures.com

to get free 170 station cash

As it seems you have to create a char in freerealms (reports differ, it's not even clear if its 170 or 340 sc you can get through this). I only got 170 from one source, I think it was clone wars as I am currently on my linux laptop which cannot run the free realms plugin.
    To clarify: Station Cash is the in-game currency of PlanetSide 2 and other games.
    Also, you only need to input your SOE username and password on each site and that's it, no need to download and play the games, neither accept the ToS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I honestly do not care what faction I play.

I've been playing Wednesday nights because that's the night a group was playing and I was free to play. Had I been free Friday's I would've joined up with an NC char too.

In relation to different chars and certs, again I don't care about having the bestest char with the bestest weapons and the bestest upgrades. The whole fun aspect of this game is playing with a large group.

So I'll play on Wednesdays for sure with Vanu if thats the group we all go for, and if I ever get a spare Friday night to play and everyone is blue, I'll be NC.

Just wanted to ask if asian people (and/or those people with not so godly internet connection or mic) are allowed in. EU would be closest to me because of lesser time difference. Also Friday night sounds best for me so I guess it is NC faction I will be fighting for
    Last edited by gravity_spoon; 21-11-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I don't think there's a requirement to use your mic, a lot of people in the beta would sit on mumble but not talk, they'd type to the outfit channel in game so you should be fine.

Activated Node
    I would plan on having NC as my main character for a number of reasons, not least because I will probably be free most Fridays but only every other Wednesday (not free tonight, for example).

I still have love for Vanu and would like to join them when I'm able but I'd prefer not to have to get two accounts (particularly since I plan to get a membership for my main account).

However, clearly people of both factions have an interest in staying on Miller and this will only increase as people establish their characters. In summary, I'm not really sure what I'm saying though... maybe we should just petition SOE to allow 2 faction characters per server?

Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur5863 View Post
    Hey all,

That's not really the issue, Arthur. The squads are entirely independent - the Vanu one came from PS2 players on the RPS forums, the NC one came from RPS Steam chat - if those of us who play NC on Friday wanted to play Vanu on Wednesday we wouldn't be in the Friday NC outfit.
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 21-11-2012 at 09:33 AM.

My NC character is on Woodman. If you want to join me, feel free.

And guys, make this decision fast. The way I see it is that having two platoons on different sides of the same server is... well, not clever. The sooner you make this decision, the sooner people can migrate around and start leveling/getting certs.

Since my NC character is on Woodman, I'd vote for VS on Miller (since that will compell you to join me!). Sorry guys.

What's this? No TR outfit? Are people afraid of victory or something? :P

I wonder why they suddenly decided to stop having different factions on the same server. Seems a tad silly. Also a shame to see they still havent fixed some of the warping/crashing bugs, kinda reinforces my view that this is not a release but an open-beta Anyway thats a side issue, hopefully we can get this sorted out to get the most involved.