Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I managed to get it playing, if only just, on my old rig and that was a 8800GTS with a dual core, so if you shove everything low you should be ok... hopefully

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBlast View Post
    On a side note. Bonkers, are you THE bonkers commander that ordered all 9 marines to buy flamethrowers when playing tram in natural selection 2.....when the alien com was playing shit? If so, good game sir!
    No, thats not me. Actually I do not use this name outside rps. This was kind of an I "I cannot come up with a name" name.

Also Woodman seems to be a decent server. There are a couple of open squads run by outfits. But I only spent about two hours there, mostly fighting the enemy zerg. Made ~55 certs. I think thats okay but weapon costs still seem a bit high /imho

Obscure Node
    I do feel the alpha squad camo players are given is a bullet magnet!

Goddamn account creation isnt working for me. Now I found out, atleast, there is a separate german client launcher? whatever the fuck for?! have they gone mad?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Obscure Node
    Also slightly disappointed about both RPS factions being on the same server. was looking to play a Bluey character but alas I'll have to go alone on another server.

Crazy suggestion: 4 Outfits.

VS - Miller
    NC - Miller
    VS - Woodman
    NC - Woodman

(I hope I got the server names right).

Primary outfit nights occur on Miller with relevant side. Weds = VS - Miller, Friday = NC - Miller. Those who are unable to join play on the other server. I.E. Weds = VS - Miller & NC - Woodman, Fri = NC - Miller & VS - Woodman.

Yes, technically we're splitting up into 4 entities, but the options are there to play with the teams we want to when possible. Obviously you could still have a 2nd account and stick to Miller, but it'd give those of us with Alpha/Subscription more flexibility.

Thoughts?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    Crazy suggestion: 4 Outfits.

VS - Miller
    NC - Miller
    VS - Woodman
    NC - Woodman

(I hope I got the server names right).

Primary outfit nights occur on Miller with relevant side. Weds = VS - Miller, Friday = NC - Miller. Those who are unable to join play on the other server. I.E. Weds = VS - Miller & NC - Woodman, Fri = NC - Miller & VS - Woodman.

Yes, technically we're splitting up into 4 entities, but the options are there to play with the teams we want to when possible. Obviously you could still have a 2nd account and stick to Miller, but it'd give those of us with Alpha/Subscription more flexibility.

Thoughts?
    I'm not sure I follow this correctly.
    Are you saying that on Wednesday everyone plays VS on Miller and NC on Woodman?
    Surely it should be both VS on Wednesday?

Also, if we aren't playing with the main outfit we would essentially be playing with the same people from our normal outfit but with a different faction. This does allow us to try a different faction but still leaves a big division between the people in the outfits. As such I'm not sure, it may be better to just focus on one single outfit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Seeing the amount of trouble this is causing I'm hoping that SOE reverse the decision on one faction per server.

1 outfit would be ideal - no splitting or complications.

The point of different sides and servers on Weds and Fri is that if you DON'T want to play as VS on a Weds, you'd still have the option of playing NC on a different server, while still keeping your primary NC character on Miller (and not having to wait until Fri).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Rock music for NC all the time? That sells to me all the time!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evanzan View Post
    They may be independent but that doesn't mean there isn't a crossover.
    You might not be interested in joining the Vanu outfit but several others are.
    I have played with both outfits in the beta and had hoped to continue to do so, as did several others I have talked to.
    As people were suggesting merging the outfits or the NC squad moving to a different server, I was pointing out that as people formed the two outfits around how and when they wanted to play then they're (we're) not going to want to merge into a different/new outfit or play our outfit on a different server.
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 21-11-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    And you couldn't organise outfit clashes! Just for fun organizing NC vs Vanu fights for some friendly competition.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Andov, Vanu, Miller.

Friend me up, y'all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Tuimic, Vanu, Miller.

About the wait times in the queues. Knowing the wait would be massive tonight, it's currently taking about two to three times that what they estimate, I'll point out that I joined a queue, went afk, came back to find out I got online, booted for being inactive, but then when I went to rejoin I was put right back in. I guess if you dc or get booted, you get a grace period to rejoin.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Jockie, Vanu, Miller here.

I'd say friend me, but I'm stuck in the great big queue.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Actually, it might not be a bad idea of collection all the names of players/server/faction in the OP, maybe in a google doc or something?