Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Would someone be able to toss me an invite? Not been able to reach anyone in game and people don't read the mumble chat too much, while my mic is 1h train away.

Dirace, VS, Miller

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    You need to be online for it to work, unfortunately. Your best bet is to log on at about 7.30GMT tonight in the build up to the organised event. If you get onto mumble, I can guarantee you there will be people who'll take charge of getting people into the outfit. That said, there's almost always someone on the mumble channel and everyone in the outfit can invite someone else, so you might want to try whenever.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Some edits to the first post (as always, let me know if things should be changed or added) & a bump so this remains near the top...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Some more edits to front page (mostly increasing coverage of RTRS stuff.)
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Updated with link to new Mumble details thread.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Thanks, Cooper, for being such awesome guy and keeping this place improving
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

good work cooper! and i agree with bankrotas!
    Ayam... what r u doin... Ayam! stahp!! *squish*

Obscure Node
    Hi there!

Long-time read of RPS, and been playing PS2 since launch - I like the generally pleasant RPS atmosphere so have been considering joining the Vanu outfit on Miller.

However, I have a question about the RPS outfits and what's expected of members - can anyone help, please?
    If I'm online, would I be expected to join in with whatever the outfit is up to? I don't want to sound anti-social, but sometimes I do actually feel quite anti-social and prefer just pootling around on my own, or with a friend. Other times it would be great to join up with a bunch of nice people and go and bosh stuff! Would this kind of behaviour be acceptable?
    Thanks!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I've pootled around on my own a couple of times, don't think it's a big issue.

The only real requirement is that if you're in the main squad that you're on mumble. Even without a mic you should be listening to orders and stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    You can join the outfit but there's no rule that if you're online you have to play with us.

We've something like 544 members in the group, we don't track them all. If you want to join the group and play with us on some days, like Wednesday and Thursday when we are at our busiest that's cool. If you want to just mess about on your own or with a mate then that's cool too. It's your game!

The only thing about Wednesday and Thursdays is on Wednesdays it much more laid back and we're more likely to try something silly and just have a natter on mumble while trying to kill and capture things. Thursdays is more strategic where you'll be expected to be in the correct chat channel on mumble based on your squad and expected to follow the orders of both the Platoon and Squad Leaders.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, Rock Planet Shotgun is very much a "casual" outfit. There's no strict hierarchy or requirements. We do what comes up in a fairly ramshackle way, with a focus on "fun". However, if you are joining up with the outfit platoon, it's good if you can be on mumble, to listen at least if not to talk. On Strat Thursdays, mumble is a requirement for the StratGir platoon (although not for any casuall platoons that may be up).

Yeah, the only "rulegrinding" is on thursdays, for strategic giraffes outings. On any other day, you can be in mumble, just listen, or not be in mumble, still play with us, etc. Generally, our platoons use WPs a lot, and chatter about whatever the hell they just shot or got shot by.

Stricly fun, Sir!

PS: Cmaster: Id be happy to have you as an SL on thursday, if you can.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    You aren't expected to be in the right channel or to follow orders on thursdays, you are required. That said, you don't have to play with us.

Other then that you can play alone if you want to and play with us if you want to. I strongly suggest you join Mumble if you play with us whenever though, it's much, much more fun and I promise you'll love the coordination, however casual it may be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Only rule (except for Thursdays, if you're participating in the strategic platoon) is that coined by Bill & Ted:
    Be excellent to eachother!

Also, party on, dudes!

Obscure Node
    Be excellent to each other!
    That I can do!

Thanks for all the replies, everyone - sounds like just what I'm after.
    I've lurked on Mumble before so I'm happy with that; at some point I'll try to catch someone on who can invite me.

Thanks again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    You can also get your friend in the outfit too. We're not in the habit of splitting up players that regularly play together.