Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    mrpier, vanu, miller

Although it looks like the queues are murder right now.

Edit: Booted with G37 error, maybe I'll just wait a couple of days.
    Massive overload of login server at the mo.

Just keep trying
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

In terms of the multi-faction thing on one server, I'd say give it a go for a week or two with both sides on Miller, and let the debate continue after that. I understand some will probably be precious about losing character progress if a server move is decided, but those ...are ...the breeeeaaaaks.

Obscure Node
    Jondare, NC, Miller here, hook me up

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Break it up break it up break it up!
    BREAK DOWN!

I, President Weasel, hereby declare that I am intrigued by this game and am going to give it a go.

LaserWeasel, Vanu, Miller. Innit.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 21-11-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Even now when there is no queue Miller still is hardly playable for me. So much warping and every now and then my screen just flickers away.
    I will be on Ceres until they manage to support as many players as they allow on Miller. I had none of those problems there today even at prime time.
    That has the advantage, that i will be able to join whatever outfits have stood the test of time once i return. ^^

Does anybody know wether purchases with SC are Accountwide or just per character?

edit: Nevermind, i remembered how easy it is to create characters and tested that myself.
    Sadly purchases are character bound. So i cannot buy stuff for my Vanu on Ceres while i pass the time and use those weapons on Miller later. Probably makes sort of sense with them beeing cert-unlockable and stuff... but meh.
    Last edited by DeVadder; 21-11-2012 at 11:36 PM.

So here's my experience from last night:

If you’re one of the 12 listeners to our podcast, you’ll know that I attempted to play Planetside 2during the beta. For committing the crime of adhering to timezones, I was effectively locked out for as long as I didn’t want to pull sickies off work. But now, it’s been released. To everyone. To the commoners. Gone is the timed server access, but seemingly back is the uppy-downy server crashy nonsense that seemed to plague the beta. So, a couple of hours after tweeting this:
    I’m getting really bored of TRYING to play Planetside 2. Maybe I’ll try again in a few years, see if they’ve got it working,
    I finally got the damn thing to run.
    Also, either I am entirely stupid (a very real possibility), or the game did a shocking job of actually telling me what in the sodding shit I’m supposed to do. I get that I’m meant to kill people. But not only could I not find any people to kill when left to my own devices, I was also seemingly not allowed to enter the areas where it looked as if there might exist something to kill. What the fuck, entertainment product? Anyway, here’s the damn plog:
    :04 – Drop-podded in, killed a guy, got killed. Was presented with a map showing choices of where to spawn. I couldn’t tell the difference between any of them, so I chose the one that was already selected.
    0:07 – Spawn at a little base thing (aka. a clump of buildings in the middle of a desert), ask for a little dune buggy thing from a machine. Ride around in said dune buggy thing, heading towards some numbers on the map.
    0:13 – Get to the numbers, ask if anyone knows what we’re supposed to be doing. No one replies.
    0:18 – One tank is firing at a base from afar, seemingly having no effect. I try to go towards the base, the game tells me I’m leaving the combat zone and to turn back or die (a la Battlefield).
    0:24 – I get in a van, and tell the driver to head north west (the section of the map that’s a different colour to the one we’re currently in). Surprisingly, he turns around and goes in the direction I asked for.
    0:32 – We get to the bad guys’ base, passing several bemused members of our team along the way.
    0:35 – As we approach, the old “turn back or die” thing comes on the screen. The van driver doesn’t give a solitary fuck, and keeps driving.
    0:36 – We both die. I switch off Planetside 2.
    I realise that looks like spam. It ain't. I just installed an auto-related-linker on the blog, and it's apparently wank.
    Last edited by Space Indaver; 22-11-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Network Hub
    I had the opposite experience. Just signed up a new account, logged in, created an NC char and was automatically assigned to a platoon and hot dropped into a three way base fight. I had no clue what I was doing, but got to try out three classes and got 7 kills and some assist points.

Seemed pretty awesome, but made the decision to wait to play it with a group.

Which is more so far, VS or NC?

Also, would a steam subgroup for the relative outfits be of use?
    Last edited by Vicious; 22-11-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    I had the opposite experience. Just signed up a new account, logged in, created an NC char and was automatically assigned to a platoon and hot dropped into a three way base fight. I had no clue what I was doing, but got to try out three classes and got 7 kills and some assist points.

What, on the screen, told you what you should be doing? I was spawning into groups of random dudes just hanging out. Other than that first pod-drop in, I didn't see any enemies. And going towards the red-coloured sectors just resulted in being told I was leaving the battlefield. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, and it got very old very fast.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
    What, on the screen, told you what you should be doing? I was spawning into groups of random dudes just hanging out. Other than that first pod-drop in, I didn't see any enemies. And going towards the red-coloured sectors just resulted in being told I was leaving the battlefield. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, and it got very old very fast.
    Nothing! As I said, I spawned in a three way base fight and just followed other dudes' leads. I have no idea what I was meant to be doing, but I just followed people and either healed or shot enemies.

As I recall, Planetside was rather like that. Join random squad and go follow the crowd.

Activated Node
    Anybody planning on running an East Coast US group? I'm getting a little frustrated with how quickly one dies, and that it costs like seven damn dollars, or 1000 certs (I've earned *maybe* 150 in hours and hours) for a decent gun. I figure rolling with some people to show me the ropes ought to help. I'm micced up, with teamspeak, or skype, or mumble.

The premium account looks terrible, by the way. Fifteen bucks for five bucks of certs, and a small exp boost? No thank you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I got to play 20 minutes as Vanu on Miller yesterday, got two kills and died twice, before the game glitched up and crashed and it was all very laggy, but I can see the potential here, it really felt chaotic and I liked that there was so much going on all the time.

I tried to get an invite to the rps outfit on mumble, but I think my mic is configured wrong or something.

Cooper - I befriended someone named cooper in-game and asked for an invite in the hope that it was you, my game crashed shortly after so I missed any response.

Network Hub
    50% extra isn't a small amount!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I got to play 20 minutes as Vanu on Miller yesterday, got two kills and died twice, before the game glitched up and crashed and it was all very laggy, but I can see the potential here, it really felt chaotic and I liked that there was so much going on all the time.

I tried to get an invite to the rps outfit on mumble, but I think my mic is configured wrong or something.

Cooper - I befriended someone named cooper in-game and asked for an invite in the hope that it was you, my game crashed shortly after so I missed any response.
    If that didn't work, link your character name on here. Someone will friend you and next time you're on the server you can be added to the outfit. Sadly people can't be added to outfits while offline

I'm not sure about NC, but last night on VS we probably had about 25 people at peak, which isn't bad considering the amount of issues some people where having with q's and staying online.
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 22-11-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Network Hub
    Right, guess I better delete my NC dude and go VS!

Activated Node
    50% extra isn't a small amount!
    For ten dollars? For only a month?

Hell, Tribes gives you +50% exp as soon as you buy something. Anything. And that's forever!

Yes, it is small.

(and it's not +50 right away. It's +25. Takes SIX MONTHS of $15/mo to get to 50%)
    Last edited by thebigJ_A; 22-11-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I'm not sure about NC, but last night on VS we probably had about 25 people at peak, which isn't bad considering the amount of issues some people where having with q's and staying online.
    Weren't we closer to 35? When I joined after the Real Madrid game we had 4 squads and at least two of them was full. There was 30+ in the Vanu mumble as well when I joined.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Actually you're right, we probably were closer to that!

Has anyone had any issues with some of the alpha member camo skins? In dark buildings/outside I've noticed that the Vanu one seems to have a slight hint of blue which has made me shoot a couple of our own guys or second guess them as they stream around a corner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    If that didn't work, link your character name on here. Someone will friend you and next time you're on the server you can be added to the outfit. Sadly people can't be added to outfits while offline
    mrpier vanu miller

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Actually you're right, we probably were closer to that!

Has anyone had any issues with some of the alpha member camo skins? In dark buildings/outside I've noticed that the Vanu one seems to have a slight hint of blue which has made me shoot a couple of our own guys or second guess them as they stream around a corner.
    Yes, also the sand camo makes VS medics look like NC ones.
    Just as people expected how the combination of camo and not-always-working friendly markers would turn out.

Network Hub
    The friendly markers, and general draw distance for infantry is pretty pathetic. Also, quite a lot of warping on Miller earlier (~6am EU time) considering the servers must have been almost empty.