Thread: Firefall update

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Firefall update

So yesterday I was boring, and decided to update Firefall.

I trough the game was too limited the last time, and I have found has not progressed much... but has progressed!, and is becomeing a good game!. If it continues a bit more, and add more layers and complexity to it, is going to be a awesome game.

I have no video or details to prove my point, but heres some random video from youtube.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Yeah, they implemented some little things to fol around with. Still waiting for the big pve patch that was told to arrive soon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Does this game do anything interesting with the graphics, considering it runs on Project Offset's engine?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The engine in Firefall doesn't have much in common with Project Offset anymore. As the devs have stated in the forums the engine was not much else then a basic renderer when they aquired it and they rewrote a lot of it and added features since then.
    It doesn't seem to do anything particularly fancy but it seem to fit the game pretty well. And of course it's good looking on high quality settings, but it would be strange if an engine wouldn't.
    Last edited by bonkers; 20-11-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Does this game do anything interesting with the graphics, considering it runs on Project Offset's engine?
    Grass? is cool looking. Other than that not.

The game graphically is very right, but theres nothing we havent not seen before. Anyway I am not counting here if making a game like this is possible with other engines, so maybe I am unfair here.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    This has so much trolling potential.
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?