Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Just finished this and like many, I am floored by the end game. This has to be one of those gaming greatest moments! On par with the big reveal in Bioshock 1 and System Shock and any other classic. I do notice two things though that I think wasn't discussed:
    1. How did Clem get out of the door (in the hotel room) if it were tied to the cupboard via a rope?
    2. The stranger put a walkie talkie on the table when Lee asked him how did he know so much. Lee paused and showed a surprised face - did he lose the walkie talking in earlier episodes? How did Stranger know the frequency? When they were looting his car, was there a walkie talkie?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Are you sure you're talking about the right game? :-)

Might wanna try this thread for discussion about Telltale's game.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    1) She pulls at it and the rope snaps or the knot comes apart at the bathroom door. The Stranger is too busy talking to his wife's head in the bowling ball bag to notice. You see it happen in the background.

2) It's possible he owned his own walkie talkie and that he just scanned through frequencies until he found Clems. Clem kept her's with her all the time even after it broke and then when it was fixed. The Stranger tells you he saw Clem and you can gather from that he saw her with the walkie talkie, I'd guess driven by dementia he spent a day or two scanning over all frequencies until he found her. Remember, Clem's walkie talkie isn't just a kids version where both radios are locked to each other, it's a proper full on two way radio.
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 13-05-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post

That's the episode one thread. This is the post-game spoilery episode five thread.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post

I'm pretty sure. I spent the last hour reading from page 1 before I posted :)

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    1) She pulls at it and the rope snaps or the knot comes apart at the bathroom door. The Stranger is too busy talking to his wife's head in the bowling ball bag to notice. You see it happen in the background.
    That's kinda gamey but ok, l'll accept that explanation. I really want to kick myself for not able to recognize the station wagon. I think it was too long between episodes.

I dunno, I think it's doable. We know nothing about The Stranger. There's nothing that suggests he's some kind of master knots-man. He's also clearly demented and not thinking straight. We also don't know how long he was in the same room as Clem after he tied the knot. She could've been tugging at the door slowly all the time he was in another room being mental and slowly loosing up the knot.

Also it is what happened, there's some videos up on youtube of people doing lets plays that you could go verify for yourself. This is something seen to happen in the game, not a "oh yeah, that happened off screen".
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habibi View Post
    I'm pretty sure. I spent the last hour reading from page 1 before I posted :)
    Haha, I'm an idiot I saw the subtitle and thought it was about the Survival Instinct game.
    steam: sketch

Great thread. Great game. Like just about everyone else here I had a great time with this, and was truly impressed by the characterization, acting, art, and plot. My only reservation is the clunkiness of the gameplay. But as an overall experience, it's right up there in my all-time list. The only thing I can compare it with in the last few years is Heavy Rain on the PS3, which was brilliant and flawed in very similar ways.

The larger question raised by a game like TWD for me concerns the tension between a very tight plot which leaves the player very little freedom, and an open world philosophy which gives the player all sorts of freedom to explore but results in lots of narrative incoherence (Skyrim would be a great recent example). I wonder if this problem is soluble even in principle, or whether it's inherent in the logic of the different kinds of approaches that these games represent, and it's possible to do one or the other very well, but not both (at the same time, anyway). I guess time will tell!

The Walking Dead: 400 Days is out this Wednesday on our PC systems.

All together now, hip hip BOOORAAAAY!*

*because we're probably all going to love it but it'll probably make us all really upset again.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    It's too soon. I still haven't recovered!

4.99 seems like a fair price. I was afraid it would cost an arm and a leg.
    Too soon?

Yeah five euro bucks is a fair price.

Just a warning on it. It's out on the NA PSN today for Playstation 3's. So it'll be all over youtube and the internet before we get to play it tomorrow, so watch out for spoilers etc.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    If you bought The Walking Dead: Season 1 on the Telltale store, 400 Days will be a free download.

Yes! Sweet vindication. I knew I bought direct from the TellTale site for years for a reason.

Banned
    It's up :)

Just bought it.

See you on the other side.

Steam ID

Do previous decisions carry over into this? I seem to have lost all my previous saves which is a bit of a pisser.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Do previous decisions carry over into this? I seem to have lost all my previous saves which is a bit of a pisser.

I've just finished it and I can tell you that I do not believe any of your choices in TWD Season 1 will affect this DLC. The DLC happens alongside those events as far as I can tell.

However, in Season Two they've stated your save and your choices will carry on from both this and Season One.

I'm going to leave it for a day or two before I write what I thought about this DLC.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quick Wot I Think:

It's somewhat too short. Mainly because almost all scenarios are fast paced and have intense moments. The problem is that some of the choices seems forced. Maybe not forced, but they are often perdictable (kinda spoiler, but not, it's about choices in general: when you're doing something good you're almost always punished for it). But they are strong and guts-wrenching. Sometimes you don't even choose what to do but to whom, because you're deep inside serious shit and you must do some horrible thing if you don't want to die.
    Shame that in some cases your character death just ruins the mood and intensitivity of certain event (for example the chase scene). With that short "screen" time every character have I would want to have bad endings where you can die and move on to next character. I think Telltale didn't do that because the summary at the end suggest that we will see all these characters (and choices) in second season, so better back up your saves after playing.

PS. I love how they made some of the scariest scenes - they do not show them on the screen, they just put some sounds. Hearing gunshots in the background in certain scenes is really powerful, damn.
    Last edited by GameCat; 04-07-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Quick Wot I Think:

It's somewhat too short. Mainly because almost all scenarios are fast paced and have intense moments. The problem is that some of the choices seems forced. Maybe not forced, but they are often perdictable (kinda spoiler, but not, it's about choices in general: when you're doing something good you're almost always punished for it).
    I know how you feel. There was a few choices in this one, one in particular sticks out in my mind that I felt really, wasn't what I wanted the character to do, but he did it anyway because that's how he'll always do it. I never got that impression in the main game.

Steam ID