Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    I need to play around a bit to see what happens when you take the opposite choices, but yeah. The choices themselves are amazingly well done, but the consequences for it at the very end (will the character choose to join the community or stay at camp?) felt extremely arbitrary (even a bit illogical for Vince and Russell).

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I know how you feel. There was a few choices in this one, one in particular sticks out in my mind that I felt really, wasn't what I wanted the character to do, but he did it anyway because that's how he'll always do it. I never got that impression in the main game.
    The thing is those characters won't be the main protagonist of season 2, so their choices are somewhat constrained by their psychology. You can influence who they are only a bit, whereas Lee's psychology really was entirely in your hands.
    Last edited by Skhalt; 04-07-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skhalt View Post
    I need to play around a bit to see what happens when you take the opposite choices, but yeah. The choices themselves are amazingly well done, but the consequences for it at the very end (will the character choose to join the community or stay at camp?) felt extremely arbitrary (even a bit illogical for Vince and Russell).

The thing is those characters won't be the main protagonist of season 2, so their choices are somewhat constrained by their psychology. You can influence who they are only a bit, whereas Lee's psychology really was entirely in your hands.
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why Vince refused to join. Could someone who had him at the end tell me what choice they made for him?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why Vince refused to join. Could someone who had him at the end tell me what choice they made for him?
    To get Vince to go along, you need to pick the white collar crim (Justin?) instead of Danny. Why? Hell if I know.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

I was thinking that, but that's such a strange choice. I wonder will they expand on it.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Every character actually tells a little justification about his choice, it's just that it often doesn't make sense: Vince says something along the lines of "if Danny taught me anything it's that we must protect and take care of each other"... and then he proceeds to refuse an invitation into a community which seems built around that very idea. Same deal with Russell, I walked away from Nate because Russell is a good guy. He's invited to a community of good guys, and refuses without even checking it out because he apparently decided to stop trusting anyone?

I had Russell come with me. I also had Russell walk away from Nate, but not until Nate pulled the gun on the two old people in the diner. I think what got him to go though was that I said there might be a chance he could find his family. The only two people who didn't come with me where Vince and Sophi

One thing I don't like though about that explanation for Vince, and I'm not saying your wrong, is that it means probably the most interesting thing that happened to Vince after the escape isn't explained to you. Same kinda for Sophi and same for Bonnie. How did Sophi and her sister get away from the diner, we know they where the last ones there out of all this cast. What happened between Bonnie and that old dude?

With Vince, Wyat and Russell, they were all pretty much alone by the end of their little segment.

Steam ID

You're right, convincing Russel works only if he walked away from Nate and if you tell him that he might find family there. That's also what convinces Wyatt.

Shel (I guess that's who you mean by Sophi?) and her sister will go with you if you at least refuse to shoot Stephanie and drive the hell on out of there. I guess it's implied that if you did shoot Stephanie that the group either disbanded or they got out of there anyway, I can't remember their reasoning.

Vince is just goddamn weird, I have no idea what the hell is up with him.

Bonnie and the old dude? Old dude wanted someone younger I guess? Hell if I know, but he evidently helped her kick her addition to drugs which is why they're close. Bonnie just seems like an implicitly trusting character and since she always seems to go with the group she must have some bigger part to play. Honestly, Bonnie was my least favourite character. Just seemed so goddamn pointless.

Also not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but if you hide in the bushes as Russel you'll run into either Carly or Doug's corpse. Oh hell who am I kidding, nobody picked Doug.

Here's some black text because white looks odd.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    You're right, convincing Russel works only if he walked away from Nate and if you tell him that he might find family there. That's also what convinces Wyatt.

Shel (I guess that's who you mean by Sophi?) and her sister will go with you if you at least refuse to shoot Stephanie and drive the hell on out of there. I guess it's implied that if you did shoot Stephanie that the group either disbanded or they got out of there anyway, I can't remember their reasoning.

Vince is just goddamn weird, I have no idea what the hell is up with him.

Bonnie and the old dude? Old dude wanted someone younger I guess? Hell if I know, but he evidently helped her kick her addition to drugs which is why they're close. Bonnie just seems like an implicitly trusting character and since she always seems to go with the group she must have some bigger part to play. Honestly, Bonnie was my least favourite character. Just seemed so goddamn pointless.

Also not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but if you hide in the bushes as Russel you'll run into either Carly or Doug's corpse. Oh hell who am I kidding, nobody picked Doug.

Here's some black text because white looks odd.
    Ha! Wrong!

I did!

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ^Why Bonnie seemed to be pointless?

Ha! Wrong!

I did!
    There is are only two possibilities here: you lie, or you're a heretic!

Blood for the blood god!!

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There is are only two possibilities here: you lie, or you're a heretic!
    There's third: "saving girls is so last year and mainstream".

My actual rational for it

Carly knew something about Lee, she knew who he was and what he'd done. That didn't need to come out.

Steam ID

Network Hub
    They really need to call it "Telltale's The Walking Dead"
    Everytime I hear "The Walking Dead", that awful FPS comes to mind.

Regarding Vince, it was hinted that the guy who was accused of rape, was actually a rapist.Which I guess lead to Vince having trust issues?

Black Text!

Quote Originally Posted by hideinlight View Post
    They really need to call it "Telltale's The Walking Dead"
    Everytime I hear "The Walking Dead", that awful FPS comes to mind.
    In fairness, Telltale's game came out first, by almost a year if not more. And the other game is called "The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct".

Steam ID

Network Hub
    I just finished 400 Days, I must've lost my save so I had to go through Season One again as well, so that's been a depressing few days. I really enjoyed 400 Days though, save for Wyatt who I didn't really care about, Russell was ok but I felt I couldn't really get into a stride with him, most of the dialogue was never what I wanted to say or was in a more aggressive tone etc.

I only managed to convince Bonnie to join at the end, which I was a bit surprised by. I wish I knew how to convince them all beforehand because I thought the camp was the best option, although having read the comics I may know otherwise. One of the best things about this DLC for me though was how bad I felt at almost every decision, I had to flip a coin for Shel and Vince because I honestly couldn't decide. Wyatt and Russell I didn't really get to choose anything which again is why I didn't enjoy those stories as much.

I'm guessing it's been talked about in the thread already, but where I've seen a lot of people complain about the choices not really amounting to anything in Season One, I really like it. When I play games with choices in the story, I tend to end up engineering it for my perfect play through, Mass Effect is a problem for me, I just make every decision because I know that at some point it will pay off, or it will prevent something bad from happening. TWD has been one of the only games I've played with choices where I always stick by what I picked, even if it turns out bad later, I don't go back and try to fix it for myself. I like the fact that even though I thought I could control the story, things didn't turn out the way I wanted them to and I can't do a thing about it, things shouldn't work out that way. Lee can't control what's going to happen and neither should the player, it's all about standing by what you said, for better or worse.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Lee can't control what's going to happen and neither should the player, it's all about standing by what you said, for better or worse.
    Shame that many players thought that they're not an actor but director.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Same problem as some others around here, everyone but Vince joined at the end. Fine, Vince. Sit here in the dark alone and pout. Asshole.

The thing that bugged me with Bonnie's chapter is that I actually saw that it was Dee and didn't hit her. I knew that it was the crew from Shel's story, it was obvious since you could clearly see Stephanie at one point and hear her voice, plus they said something in Shel's story about losing a flashlight in cornfields, and I knew no one in that crew had that hair cut, so I decided to take a gamble and assume it was her. Then she shot me, so I said "ok, I guess it isn't her" and clubbed her only to find I was right. Didn't make me happy, to say the least.