Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I think they're on the steam cloud. And most games leave behind some user data and save files when you uninstall them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I finished the game last night.

I don't think I'll play it again. I've been reading some of your stories of what happened to get an idea of it, but the game is not a fun game to play. I did not feel happy at all when it was over and I've never had a show, movie, book or game make me that upset before.
    Heh you were well gripped on Steam. Expletives at the end of episode 4 and them the catharisis of episode 5. It might not of been 'fun' but you enjoyed it for the emotional rollercoaster/meat grinder that it is.

I must admit I've thought about replaying, but at the same time I'm kind of OK with the choices I made in the game. There are certain moments I feel I'd of maybe played slightly differently, but at the same time it would feel at odds to go for a perfect playthrough in terms of that stuff, Vs not always saying the right thing occasionally. Sometimes you don't make the right choice as far as your concerned and you have to live with it.

Looking forward to season 2.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Heh you were well gripped on Steam. Expletives at the end of episode 4 and them the catharisis of episode 5. It might not of been 'fun' but you enjoyed it for the emotional rollercoaster/meat grinder that it is.
    I made my brother watch Pan's Labyrinth and when the credits rolled he almost slugged me and claimed he wished he'd never seen it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I must admit I've thought about replaying, but at the same time I'm kind of OK with the choices I made in the game. There are certain moments I feel I'd of maybe played slightly differently, but at the same time it would feel at odds to go for a perfect playthrough in terms of that stuff, Vs not always saying the right thing occasionally. Sometimes you don't make the right choice as far as your concerned and you have to live with it.
    Indeed. Best to play it all the way through the first time with no idea what's ahead so as to let the uncertainty and time limits possibly push you into making a decision you may regret for the rest of the series. I'm REALLY bad at this. Snapped at Clem? Reload. Fail to stop Clem eating the you know what? Reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Indeed. Best to play it all the way through the first time with no idea what's ahead so as to let the uncertainty and time limits possibly push you into making a decision you may regret for the rest of the series. I'm REALLY bad at this. Snapped at Clem? Reload. Fail to stop Clem eating the you know what? Reload.
    A certain someone got a pitchfork in them and then seeing the look on everyones face I kind of regretted that action. Had a problem with my saved game so ended up replaying it, so changed up, but otherwise I was prepared to live with it. In EP5 I said a few things I wish I'd maybe gone with another option for sure.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quite unusually for me I avoided doing any reloading at all. I followed my gut and while I regretted some of my choices a bit, I stuck by them and didn't make any big 'mistakes' (like sticking a pitchfork in a certain someone). A gratifyingly large proportion of the choices weren't black and white in any case, so I suppose feeling a bit uncomfortable with one option or the other is natural.

Although I cannot remember what the choice was, I know I made one that I really did not want to make and had to reload. The option I picked ended up not being what the text suggested it would be and I felt it was very out of character with how I was playing. Other than that I didn't do any reloading to make different choices.

Why are people saying that sticking the pitchfork in that guy was a mistake? Maybe in hindsight as it doesn't matter if you do or not, but at the time it's getting rid of that guy so you can attack his associates without him ambushing you. I wasn't taking any chances with that guy, especially as he seemed the more mentally unstable out of the group.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    Quite unusually for me I avoided doing any reloading at all. I followed my gut and while I regretted some of my choices a bit, I stuck by them[...]
    That's the only way to play a game like this as far as I'm concerned. Even if I would have had a save issue or a crash I would have made the same choices to maintain the story. It's interesting seeing other people stories differ from mine but I seriously doubt I'll ever play it again.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by georgetownhoya View Post
    And the details of who exactly kills the old man are irrelevant to the argument - the choice is to intervene or not, and Lilly is justified in letting you die if you fail to intervene to save her dad, for obvious emotional reasons. Kenny, by contrast, is not justified in wanting you dead simply because you thought the old man deserved some quick CPR.
    Except he just killed someone. Not a zombie, but a just about living person. And instead of telling him "it's okay, you did what you had to do" you're essentially saying "you're a murderer". That's going to change someone's viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by georgetownhoya View Post

Didn't react well to mine, at all. I didn't want to go with the cannibals. Overruled. Didn't want the crazy lady in the park to die. Overruled. Didn't want the old man with a heart attack to get face crunched. Overruled. Etc. Etc. You're easily fooled, I guess.
    You're playing Lee, you're not playing the director of the game.

I recently finished watching a TV series (it was The Killing, if you're interested).

In the final scene the protagonist, up to then a fairly pious, law-abiding character is in a car with the antagonist, a serial killer, and her partner, someone with a somewhat more dubious background that has likely killed in the name of justice in the past.

Her partner leaves the car, and talking to the antagonist, she realises he's going to get away with it, and will probably do it again. She leaves the car, walks around to his door, opens it, and shoots him in the head.

It's an amazingly powerful culmination of the character's arc, a shocking moment in which she effectively becomes what she's always fought against.

I can only imagine certain people commenting in this thread would consider that ending, and alternative ending where her partner shoots him instead to be exactly the same because 'he ends up dead anyway'.

And I weep for fact that people seem to think there's nothing more to fiction than plot. That some people seem convinced that the protagonist trying and failing to do something is exactly the same as the protagonist deciding not to try in teh first place suggests to me they've never read a book. Conflict between the thoughts of the PoV character, and his actions or the 'plot' are a key feature of literature.

It's a result of people playing too many games where characters don't change or develop in different ways, where the only thing that branches is the plot, so people are now convinced that plot branching, with different story beats, is only way to do interactive narratives.

Having tried is so often very more important than if you fail or succeed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Having tried is so often very more important than if you fail or succeed.
    For some people the destination is more important than the journey, indeed the only important thing. I pity them.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Why are people saying that sticking the pitchfork in that guy was a mistake? Maybe in hindsight as it doesn't matter if you do or not, but at the time it's getting rid of that guy so you can attack his associates without him ambushing you. I wasn't taking any chances with that guy, especially as he seemed the more mentally unstable out of the group.
    I regretted doing this immediately afterwards, as it shows Clem watching you. I got that heart sinking feeling that this game seems oh so good at doing.

Just finished playing this (on the iPad,) and I have to agree with the majority and gush. It proved to be a fantastic journey. I don't care whether we all ended up in the same situation, but it definitely felt like Lee was my own unique character. The world might have decided I couldn't go through with my actions, but it and the characters that inhabited it knew what my choices were and that is all the game needed to do.

It is also much better then the TV series, so don't let that put anyone off, if they are in doubt.

Can't wait for season 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The more I think about this the more I think the difference in opinion comes between people who read, and people who mostly get their examples of stories from TV and film. One big advantage that a book gives you is having point-of-view characters, where you get access to their inner monologues. You get to hear them wrestling with choices and that makes a huge difference from TV or film where you only see the end results, and you have to contrive in various ways to show character's inner conflicts (arguments, confessionals, psychiatrist's couchs', captain's logs, etc). As such, those mediums are much more about story and plot than characters.

In TWD, there is no inner monologue presented to you, but YOU are Lee's inner monologue. The thoughts going through your head at every decision point are the things that would be written down in the novel version of the story. And they're different for each player.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Because the guy is down, disarmed, immobilised and injured. There's quite a large moral difference between rendering your opponent no longer a threat and killing him in cold blood. That difference counts ten times over when you also consider that Clem is right there.

Obscure Node
    In my personal opinion Walking Dead is not an adventure game per se,but it sure is an adventure.I enjoyed the game,I think we need more story driven games.

My thoughts on the game: (+ positive, - negative,* statement)

*QTE's and puzzles are there only to make you "feel" you are doing something,contributing to the action.Seeing as this is a casual game,my expectations were quite low about these segments.Turns out I was right.Though I didn't mind.

+The illusion of choice helps a lot with the immersiveness of the story.

+++Presence of a little girl whom I had to take care of made me feel like my moral choices mattered.If it wasnt for the girl I could have gone guns blazing,shouting "DIE MO'FO" in most of the situations. I think that's the whole point of this game.Taking care of the most fragile creature on earth and setting a moral example for her.That seems to be the magical essense of it.Convicted murderer caring for a little child thats not his own.

---I strongly believe that there are right and wrong choices looking from a 'gamewise' pragmatic perspective.Allow me to explain.
    In the drug store,no matter what you say,they dont throw Duck out.But if you side with larry,he will still hate you and on top of that Kenny hates you until the end of the game.Now considering larry dies a lot sooner and never seems to like you,the obvious pragmatic choice would be to side with Kenny(even though I don't agree with him.)
    Same goes for the quarrel between Kenny and Lilly.Lilly is obviously a better leader,she is more intelligent,rational and capable..But she goes haywire no matter what you do.So you're stuck with Kenny and now he hates your guts.

--I cut my f*king arm, that should have made a difference.

--Some scenes seem forced(Kenny dying trying to get Ben)

--There wasnt a single good puzzle.

++Perfect voice acting+Sad puppy eyes of clementine.

*This game wouldnt be half as good with realistic graphics.(Sad puppy eyes of clementine)

++++++Sad puppy eyes of Clementine,you almost made me cry goddammit.

A question just popped into my head. I'm never playing this game again so I have to ask it here.

Anyone who didn't have Clem shoot Lee, do you see Lee turn or does Clem leave when he stops breathing?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    A question just popped into my head. I'm never playing this game again so I have to ask it here.

Anyone who didn't have Clem shoot Lee, do you see Lee turn or does Clem leave when he stops breathing?
    No, you don't see him turn. The game leaves the room with Clem.

Cheers!

I always wondered if that happened. I think if it did I'd have been even more upset.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Yeah, that would have been horrible. Not bad horrible, but sad horrible. It could've helped with a canonized ending though. Clem ending up shooting Lee, either on his request or by necessity once he turned. Then in the next game, she deals with the emotional fallout of having to shoot her father figure.

Big news: -

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...fore-season-2/

Apparently according to Gary Witta on IGN telltale are planning on delivering something gameplay related for TWD fans before season 2 (which is underway). Cool news. Let the speculations begin.

I'm thinking//hoping that perhaps we get an aftermath episode that will set in play our new protagonist and group of survivors. I figure we might see Molly return ..perhaps driven out of the city by the arrival of the herd and meet up with Clementine, Omid & Christa, or perhaps Kenny might emerge unscathed, and provide a set up point for season 2.

I'm also thinking that perhaps Telltale might release this as a free supplemental given the commercial & critical success of the game. Though how that would fly with MS & Sony is up for debate on the 360 and PS3 respectively.

Probable Replicant

I'd like to see it pick up at the point Lee leaves Omar and Christa to see where they went in the final thirty minutes or whatever it is.