Hybrid View

Network Hub

[Mission Feedback] No Negotiation

No Negotiation was played for the first time at the beginning of Tuesday's session.

For those who have now played it, what were your thoughts?

Was it fun? Any annoyances? Did you ever feel unnecessary? Was the level of challenge acceptable? Was it too long or too short?
    What could be improved?

How many people had framerate issues? Would they be resolved by removing or reducing ambient civilians?

I am particularly interested in hearing how the mission played out for the BRDM crew. How did the vehicle or crewmen eventually perish?

Were any bugs encountered?

BRDM commander right here.. everything went well when we cleared Vysota and the surroundings, but as soon as we drove to Alpha squad then they got engaged from both sides, so we headed NW towards the power station to clear out some enemies.. as we went on a flanking maneuver, our gunner was shot through the drivers view holes (I think) and some guys suddenly jumped out of bushes and scored a mobility kill, so me and kev (the driver), jumped out and proceeded to clear a hill overlooking the power station, he died on the very same hill and I did a while later.

Overall.. I would suggest that you change the BRDM to a loaned BTR-60 from the Takis, that way the commander has somewhere to sit and look through his periscope, the weapons on those vehicles are same, only difference is in troop capacity. If we had played with 3D view off then I would be just a guy who sat in a barrel without any means of sight.

And adding an engineer squad should be considered.

BRDM driver here - Kefirz has already covered how things turned out for us so I won't go over that in detail. I think we pushed a little too far forward and isolated ourselves, and considering how many UN soldiers had RPGs, that was asking for trouble.

I did have some framerate issues, particularly in driving to Vysota, that made driving precisely a little tough, and these generally cleared up once we hit Vysota, so the civilian ambience might be a little too high. Also agree with Kefirz about swapping the BDRM for a BTR-60, same kind of loadout and armour as the BDRM, gives the commander his own seat, and gives the CO more the option to mount a squad inside it.

Network Hub
    My own tests in the editor have shown the BTR-60 to offer greater survivability to single RPG-7 hits than the BRDM-2.

I might change the BRDM-2 for a BTR-60, but adding an engineer team as well could end up with the BTR-60 doing most of the work in the mission and the plain infantry feeling a bit unnecessary.

ok... well you can always have options like limited ammo, and no engies :D
    I think armor doesn't matter that much because who cares if you are killed with the 3rd or 4th rpg :D there are still plenty of them coming your way