Chaos Chronicles (Turn-Based cRPG)

Hello everybody,

My name is Michael and I'm the producer of Chaos Chronicles, an upcoming cRPG from Germany. You may have heared about it. Or may not. I don't know. But I hope so. And if not: Now you will hear about it :) (at least if you continue reading).

Lets start with some facts about the game I'd say.

Name: Chaos Chronicles
    Developer: Coreplay
    Publisher: bitComposer (actually my employer)
    Genre: cRPG
    Target-Release: 2013
    Approach: Oldschool
    Official devblog: http://www.chaos-chronicles.com or http://mpress.bitcomposer.de/ if you want to directly access it.

So, what are we trying to do here, you ask? Let me try to explain. See, RPGs have changed over all these years. They changed. What's called a RPG nowadays wouldn't have been called a RPG some years ago. Maybe actiongames with RPG-elements but definitely not RPGs. So yeah, these days it might sound a bit like a cliche to say we're creating an oldschool RPG since a lot of Kickstarter-Projects are turning up and are trying to do the same (and prbly will succeed). But yeah, that's what we are going for. Beeing oldschool. Bringing back what was great before, revive a genre which was said to be dead. With a abstract worldmap, with turn based combat, with OGL 3.5 as the ruleset (if you don't know that one: Hell! In which sad world did you grow up? Google it!) and not a single character but a whole party. With an oldschoolish story, with dungeons to crawl and with evil creatures to fight.

I know that some people will google what I've written here and come up with claims that Coreplay ruined Jagged Alliance with Back in Action. And if you think this way, that's okay. It's your right to have this opinion and I know I can't change that. Personally I still like the game but I of course know that there are a lot of people who don't like it. And I also know that there are people who like it. What I can say is that Chaos Chronicles is kinda different. In many, many ways. You can believe me or not - that's up to you. If you want to learn more about this one here, I recommend an interview over at the Codex: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8420

Alright. So what are we working on right now? Well, Coreplay right now is still working and improving the combat system these days. A lot more work needs to be done. But the combat system is in the focus atm. And we, at the publisher side, are right now capturing tons of videomaterial to show you some gameplay very soon.

Hm. To show some gameplay... Hey RPS-Authors: We tried to contact you to come over (or to get you at our place) to give you a chance to have a look yourselves at the game to find out more about the mysterious pumpkin from the announcement. And to find out if there's a carrot in the game, too. But so far you haven't answered :( (and maybe now you will. At least I hope so :)). That's why I decided to create this thread to be honest...

That's it for today. Almost. Just some new screenshots which we took for this thread:

Turn-based combat and full party creation. Yes, I want it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    RPG, RPG never changes.
    I've been following you through the Codex, your project looks quite solid. ToEE with a good setup. Good luck.

PS: Where in Germany are you based?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalepsy View Post
    Turn-based combat and full party creation. Yes, I want it.
    Yes and yes. Plus some lovely screenies. The last one with the hexes really sold it to me.

Do post here again from time to time CrashOberbreit (great name by the way), lest the game fall under our radar.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    PS: Where in Germany are you based?
    Coreplay in Munich, bitComposer near Frankfurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Do post here again from time to time CrashOberbreit (great name by the way)
    Thanks for the hint at my name :) (usually most people don't get it and if they get it they don't know the reference...)
    But yeah, will come over here and update the thread once there's something new, that's for sure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Coreplay in Munich, bitComposer near Frankfurt.
    No game companies in NRW :(

Some new screenshots we have now released:

A first trailer will be released very, very, VERY soon. It will still contain a lot of WiP-material (like the old grid here and there for example) but it won't take that long anymore. Very early December is what I'm allowed to say right now :)

Black Forest in the forgotten realm of Alemania
    I like the style of their dungeon maps:

Looking forward to the trailer.

Wish some moderator would unlock my post here... actually tried to post the new screenshots (which are available on the blog now). And also would like to say that people don't have to wait that long anymore for the first trailer...

And here it is, the first trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDhcrgBSM2U

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Trailers that show gameplay footage are always welcome here.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR