Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    My previous post kind of was the request but lets make it a more clear one.

To anyone who is marked as my challenger:

If it doesn't cause you too much pain/suffering/inconvenience/etc. could you make sure our teams are identical, please. If the rules don't prevent it it's ok for me that you just pass your duty of challenging to me and I'll spend the extra 30 sec to make sure the teams are identical.

This is not a requirement just an open plea.

Quote Originally Posted by rodeoclown View Post
    Thanks everyone who voted - we're one of the first 6 non-games to be greenlit!

Now I'm even more looking forward to shooting guys (virtually)!
    Congrats! The software's not really for me but I know there are tons of people who would need something like it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar

The Rise of Season 15

Here are the tables for Season 15. It's your responsibility to issue two challenges for each time you're listed as Player 1 in this list - it's mirror image Dark Extermination again folks! Instructions will follow in the next post.

Game rules and league procedures

1) Each game must conform to the following settings:

Mode: Dark Extermination
    Turn limit: 8 turns
    Turn duration: 5 seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds)
    Visibility: vis at time zero
    Team strength: four men per player - including at least one Grenade and/or Rocket
    Mutators: at the challengers discretion
    Server: UK1

Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed. A new map must be generated for each opponent. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.

2) After creating each game on server UK1, the challenger must announce the challenge in this thread. Format: "Player1 has challenged Player2 in game_#1 and game_#2". (It would help if game_#1 was the game where you are Player 1, but I can probably figure it out.)

Example: "ColOfNature has challenged Xune in 123456 and 123459".

3) After each game has been completed, Player 1 must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "Winner has defeated Opponent in game game_# by X kills to Y".

Example: "Xune has defeated ColOfNature in game 123456 by 3 to 1".

In the event of a draw, the format is "Player1 and Player2 have drawn in game game_# with X kills"

Example: "ColOfNature and Xune have drawn in game 123456 with 0 kills each"

I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game. Scores will be as normal: 3 pts for a win, 1 for a draw.

4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Saturday 01 December). All games must be completed by the end of Sunday 16 December.

5) We're all reasonable people, when pressed, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or travelling to distant worlds, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.

6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will declare both parties personae-non-grata and award your points to whoever strikes me as most deserving, by whatever criteria I consider appropriate at the time.

7) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, iron-fisted authoritarianism and whimsy. Mostly the latter.

Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.

The divisions and rules for season 16 will be arranged some time after the close of season 15.

Also, if I've missed anything important or anything isn't clear then post below, PM me or email me either at ColOfNature or RockPaperSynapse on gmail to let me know.

Good luck!
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

How to issue a challenge

1) Log in to server UK1.
    2) Click the 'Online' button at the top of the screen
    3) Click 'Create a game'
    4) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
    5) Click the 'Generate Extermination' button
    6) If you get a silly map, or if you don't have four men per side with at least one explosive type, repeat the previous step until you're happy.
    7) Click 'Save level' then enter a meaningful name (I'd suggest your opponent's name) and click 'Okay'. (If you forget this step it' possible to recover the map so just ask if you have any trouble and someone will be able to help.)
    8) Click the 'Continue' button
    9) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Extermination'
    10) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Vis at time zero'
    11) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 8 and the 'Turn length' to 5000.
    12) Activate Mutators, if you like (although you'll only be able to do this if you own the Red DLC)
    13) Enter your opponent's username (and select "I play side 1" immediately below if this is the first challenge to this opponent)
    14) Enter 'RPS League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
    15) Click the 'Submit' button
    16) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in the post directly above this one

Then, to start the mirror game, repeat steps 1 thru' 5, then:
    17) Click 'Load level' and enter the name of the map from step 7
    18) Click the 'Continue' button
    19) Change 'I play side 1' to 'I play side 2'
    20) Go to step 9 above - don't forget to make the Mutators the same, it's easy to overlook

If anything goes wrong, don't worry! Just issue the correct challenges and let your opponent know which is the correct game so they can ignore the faulty ones (which will eventually be deleted from your list if no-one takes a turn, and can be hdden until this happens).
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 01-12-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Dark Extermination again? But I already ate all my vegetables!

Seriously though, isn't there enough deathmatch in every other game out there? Frozen Synapse has some amazing modes not seen in other games, people. Take advantage!
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Dark Extermination again? But I already ate all my vegetables!

Seriously though, isn't there enough deathmatch in every other game out there? Frozen Synapse has some amazing modes not seen in other games, people. Take advantage!
    I suggest we do an upload division next time (one of the divisions). I guess we can get 4-5 people with red dlc to play it.

With any luck, after the inevitable Xmas sale everyone and his dog will have the DLC!

I have challenged:
    bonuswavepilot: 635109 and 635111
    SirDavies: 635114 and 635117

Network Hub
    So we're playing non-symmetric Dark Extermination this time?
    That's far more interesting than just mirroring. Still would like to see something different next time (light!)

ColOfNature: 635200 & 635197
    Gotem: 635198 & 635199

Good luck all!
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

I (Lazer) have challenged:
    scozzers: 635238 & 635239
    SergBeaver: 635242 & 635243

IT'S ON.

BigBobr99 has challenged DeVadder in games 635321 and 635322

PLEASE IGNORE game 635320!

Quick question. Is the start supposed to be a situation or are the teams supposed to start from their own corners? Or are both valid? Also does "mirror image" mean symmetrical?

Network Hub
    Not playing symmetric this time.
    People can start anywhere, but you have to play the map twice (so you play both sides if there's a disadvantage)
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Extermination has two flavours: one where you start in opposite corners, and you can win by wiping out your opponent or by moving one of your guys into the red square in your opponent's atrting area; and the other, where you start with your units placed randomly around the map. Feel free to choose whichever flavour you prefer, they both have their advantages.

And like rodeoclown says, maps are asymmetric but we play each from both starting positions to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by rodeoclown View Post
    Not playing symmetric this time.
    People can start anywhere, but you have to play the map twice (so you play both sides if there's a disadvantage)
    Ok, thanks.

Sorry folks I failed a lot with the match creation.

Maetco has challenged cimethink in games 635342 and 635346.
    In addition a failed challenge (a missclick) in game 635344 so just ignore this.

Maetco has challenged BigBobr99 in game 635349.
    I didn't remember to save the map. I tried to recover the map afterwards but failed in that too. Can someone help me with this?

No worries, hapens all the time! Go to the Frozen Synapse install folder and look in psychoff/data/encounters/. Match number 635349's map will be saved as ref635349.enc, so copy that to psychoff/data/userlevels/ - you can change the name (just keep the .enc extension). Once you've copied it load it using the filename without the extension - so if you copied it without renaming then you'd put in "ref635349".

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    No worries, hapens all the time! Go to the Frozen Synapse install folder and look in psychoff/data/encounters/. Match number 635349's map will be saved as ref635349.enc, so copy that to psychoff/data/userlevels/ - you can change the name (just keep the .enc extension). Once you've copied it load it using the filename without the extension - so if you copied it without renaming then you'd put in "ref635349".
    Thanks.

Maetco has challenged BigBobr99 in game 635418.

Good luck to everyone and remember, don't hate the player hate the game...just not this game.

SirDavies has challenged Gotem in games 635493 and 635500

gotem defeated rodeoclown in game 35198 4 kills to 2
    rodeoclown defeated gotem in game 35199 4 kills to 2

If you guys want to try out some custom maps for your matches, I just made a few at the Frozen Synapse forum here.

Those look really cool. It's been suggested in the past that we should play out a round of the tournament using the same map for all the games, and I could see Hotel Breach or School Siege being good for that. I'll certainly bear them in mind if we do try it out!