Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Those look really cool. It's been suggested in the past that we should play out a round of the tournament using the same map for all the games, and I could see Hotel Breach or School Siege being good for that. I'll certainly bear them in mind if we do try it out!
    That's what was done for the two seasons of the RPS FS cup last year.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Wow, I forgot that happened. Would you look at all those names... His roster was so big! I've got player envy.

gotem challenged ColOfNature in games 635580 and 635581
    gotem challenged bonuswavepilot in games 635581 and 635583

something really weird happened in my game with SirDavies.. I took my turn in the first match.. then opened teh second match and saw some movement already filled in for my units. and those movements matched the ones he had taken in the other game, has something like that ever happen to anyone else?

I can't remember it ever happening. Were you able to make your moves, or do you need SirDavies to re-challenge you?

Gah missed the signups this time. Can you mail me when the next one starts please Col?

I can't remember it ever happening. Were you able to make your moves, or do you need SirDavies to re-challenge you?
    I just deleted the orders and gave mine just fine. Just left wondering why that would happen, and if it makes it possible to see teh otehr player moves before cimmiting.

@CherryPhosphate: will do.

@SirDavies: did you by any chance have to get the map for your second match against Gotem from the encounters folder, after priming the first turn in the original? That's the first thing that springs to mind that night explainwhat Gotem experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by SingularWit View Post
    If you guys want to try out some custom maps for your matches, I just made a few at the Frozen Synapse forum here.
    I played the house map against somebody (you, probably). It was sick fun :) I managed to beat the attacking guys, but all the explosions in the first 2 turns - it was cool! Definitely not like any typical frozen synapse game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    That's what was done for the two seasons of the RPS FS cup last year.
    Wow! More than 50 people! I wish it could be done once again.

Yeah it was aweseome, but it took sooo loooooong to play out! I suspect Inverselaw burnt out after 2 seasons. At least this tournament has the advantage of being 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off (in theory!) although a few moe regular players would be great.

To that end, I'm going to put a new tab on the spreadsheet for anyone who wants to be automatically signed up for a each season. Put yourself on the list, PM me your email address and I'll add you to the roster and contact you directly for as long as your name remains there.

Sorry guys I made a bit of a mistake...

Turns out my name on FS is actually the same as my forum name name - Hammers. Is it obvious that I haven't logged into FS for quite a while? I just assumed it was my other username as that's what I normally use when Hammers is taken. Looks like I was lucky on FS!

If you could update the tables that would be great. And sorry if anyone has tried to start a game with me and has been unable to find me. Hopefully I've not caused too many problems...

Anyway with that in mind, here are the games I've just started:

Hammers has challenged Velijah in games 635641 and 635643
    Hammers has challenged Lazer in games 653647 and 635648 (Please IGNORE game 635645 as that was a mistake)

Extermination has two flavours: one where you start in opposite corners, and you can win by wiping out your opponent or by moving one of your guys into the red square in your opponent's atrting area; and the other, where you start with your units placed randomly around the map.
    So that's what those red squares are. Wish I'd known that before I took my turns. Hadn't come across that mode before.
    Also, are you saying that I could have moved my "little green men" around before my initial move. I thought that was only done at the edges on stuff like charge.
    I'd like to echo the comment about dark extermination (deathmatch). Mixing it up a bit with charge and disputed would have been preferable to me. Didn't realise we were ticking boxes for one mode only for the entire thing.
    Feel free to challenge me btw. I usually just pick a mode and challenge. Never bothered with all this "vis at time zero" stuff etc - cba with all that.

You can, using the match creator, move the units around before the start but that would be against the rules of this tournament - I've never explicitly forbidden it because we'd have no way of knowing if you were subtle, and because I figure everyone's honest enough not to be told anyway! Just hit Generate until you find something you like. If you don't mind taking whatever the Random Number Gods bestow upon you, just create a match without going advanced, then grab the map from the encounters folder for the second leg. We play with the default settings, and I only keep putting in all the extra instructions for the sake of completeness.

I guess I don't explain the voting very well, particularly for people who haven't taken part before so don't know what to expect. Another change I might make, if no-one objects, is to make sure that we don't play the same game mode two tournaments in a row - so if we play Dark Extermination one month then no Extermination, Dark or Light, the following month.

Ok.
    Scozzers challenged Velijah: 635725 & 635726
    Velijah plz ignore 635723 (unless you just want to play it as a friendly - the only error being I didn't save it to create a mirror).
    Cheers.

Oh, I assumed we just challenge ppl listed in our division yea? I went with that anyway.

You should issue challenges for each time you're listed as Player 1 (i.e. in column B) in this list.

As long as Velijah's happy you may as well go ahead with the matches you've started.

Network Hub
    You can put me on the permanent list if you'd like.
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

You should issue challenges for each time you're listed as Player 1 (i.e. in column B) in this list.

As long as Velijah's happy you may as well go ahead with the matches you've started.
    Not sure what you mean. So, I was supposed to challenge sergbeaver and hammers, was I? Cos' I can quite easily do that and scrap the others, if that helps proceedings.

Yep - challenge SergBeaver and Hammers. But don't bother scrapping the others: as long as Velijah doesn't mind, you may as well play them now they've started.

So I've added the permanent sign-up form to the spreadsheet. If anyone wants to be included for future seasons put your details in, vote for your preferred mode(s) and PM me your email address (if you haven't already). I'll send out an email before the start of each season to everyone whose name is on the list to make sure you still want to take part. If I don't have your email address I'll PM you on the forum. If I don't hear from anyone by the time the season starts I'll remove them from the running for that season. You can remove your name or alter your votes at any time

@CherryPhosphate: will do.

@SirDavies: did you by any chance have to get the map for your second match against Gotem from the encounters folder, after priming the first turn in the original? That's the first thing that springs to mind that night explainwhat Gotem experienced.
    Yeah, that's what happened. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No harm done. I didn't know the map file also held plan data, but that probably explains it. Worth bearing in mind in future: if you forget to save the map, don't play your first turn until after you've made a copy of it otherwise you risk giving your opponent a look at your plans before he submits his, which could be quite a big advantage on a small extermination map!