Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    So far from people on permanent list (location specified) such teams could be formed:

Team UK: ColOfNature, Gtsbaby
    Team Australia: bonuswavepilot, rodeoclown
    Team Russia: BigBobr99, SergBeaver
    Team Finland: Maetco
    Team USA: cimethink

DeVadder and Hammers have their location unspecified.
    I'm from the UK. My location was unspecified due to laziness rather than privacy. I'm up for teams if we can organise it before next season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    While I quite like the idea of teams, I think DeVadder's point about no-shows is important. Just one person not completing a single game could scupper your team's chances. It would be a bit unfair on Gtsbaby and Hammers if they lost the tournament because I got hit by a bus. (That may not be the best example, but you get the idea.)

You can put me down on the perma-list. Gz winners btw.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    While I quite like the idea of teams, I think DeVadder's point about no-shows is important. Just one person not completing a single game could scupper your team's chances. It would be a bit unfair on Gtsbaby and Hammers if they lost the tournament because I got hit by a bus. (That may not be the best example, but you get the idea.)
    We can negate it by having the average points per game. It can work with uneven teams too.

For example:3 people in team play 12 games in total and win 8 of them. We divide 24 points gained from those wins by number of games played (12) and get a 2-point-per-game average.
    2 people in a team play 6 games in total and win 5 of them. We divide 15 by 6 and get a 2,5-points-per-game average.
    So the team with 2 people wins the cup by having a better points-per-game average.

If I rerember corectly Gotem is from Mexico and can join team North America along with cimethink. If he signes up for the next season.

DeVadder, Maetco and parpel (if he shows up) can form Team Europe.
    Last edited by BigBobr99; 19-12-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: forgetfullnes

I'd like to suggest a compromise for next month: how about if we carried on with the current divisions format, but I add an additional table that tracks the average score for each team? That way the organisation of the season's tournament is nice and easy (I'm a very lazy person and easy=good) and we can also see, once and for all, which arbitrary geographic region is best.

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    ...Also, even if we got equal sized teams, then any team with a no-show will have a significant disadvantage...

However, i prefer small divisions and play everybody in your division. This way people not showing up mean no disadvantage for anyone and the number of games is easily adjustable.

If we do teams, i do not see any reason to go by geographical region. First it makes equal teams almost impossible, second we almost guarantee that games will advance by one turn per day at most as people playing each other will allways have different time-zones and third i do not feel any more connected with someone else i do not know from germany or the EU than with any other RPSer from whereever.

Oh, also, congratulations to the winners.
    Well played.
    I concur with everthing above.

I'd like to suggest a compromise for next month: how about if we carried on with the current divisions format, but I add an additional table that tracks the average score for each team? That way the organisation of the season's tournament is nice and easy (I'm a very lazy person and easy=good) and we can also see, once and for all, which arbitrary geographic region is best.
    Seconded.

I only have one thing to say about the up-coming seasons. Write (I could do it too but since I'm not the organizer it would feel weird) the promotion/relegation -rules. My suggestion is that at least 1 player is promoted (except division 1) and 1 player is relegated (except the last division) in every division and if you skip seasons you'll get relegated. Also if it were up to me divisions 1 and 2 would be kept as stable as possible (regarding to changes made because people skip seasons, there are different number of players each season, etc.) and if someone has to "suffer" from the forced changes (meaning that if something is changed because someone comes up with a better way to do things, it's not forced) it would be the lowest division.

Eg. Let's assume that 5 players per division is optimal. Then divisions 1 and 2 would have 5 players as long there are 13 - 15 players total. If there are only 12 then every division would have 4 and if there are 16 players we would have 4 divisions of 4.

For some reason all of my posts are sent to moderators to be reviewed. The last time this happened the post never showed up in the forum for some reason. Hope these will.

Happy upcoming holidays! So, is there any info about the new season? Should we be starting after the 25th?

sure, I'll join next season, just hope we start after 25, I guess skipping family reunion to kill a few red guys can be grounds for divorce.

wondering, since RED introduced soem kind of co-op. can there also be 2vs2 matches?

oh, and Fumarole, what about some team practice matches?

I'm going to start signups officially next week, although you can add yourself to the roster immediately. The season probably won't start until the first Saturday of the New Year (i.e. the 5th) to give everyone a chance to get over the hangover.

I don't think there's a 2v2 mode, it's only 2vCPU as far as I know. I might be wrong.

Has anyone got any thoughts on my compromise? I think it's pretty close to the team scenario without too much reorganisation. Or would you prefer to completely scrap the divisions?

Hmm, i do not mind. Admitably i will mosty play for the individual result though. ^^

In case you do not know, i am from germany, whatever team that ends me in. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotem View Post
    oh, and Fumarole, what about some team practice matches?
    Certainly, throw some challenges my way. Unless you'd prefer me to challenge since I have Red and I don't think you do yet?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I think the compromise will be ideal for this season. We try something new without having to reorganize the whole thing. Each person will still fight his personal battles with a separate team table kept. If we do 1 division each person will have to play everyone, except his teammates, which will result in 8-10 games per season. *Although we never know how many people will show up for season 16.

We'll see how the whole team thing goes and maybe can utilize it for future seasons. So far it seems like we got 5 teams:
    team Europe (Maetco and DeVadder),
    team Russia (Bigbobr99 and SergBeaver),
    team Australia (bonuswavepilot, rodeoclown),
    team UK (ColOfNature, gtsbaby, Hammers) and
    team North America (Gotem and cimethink).

I don't think there's a 2v2 mode, it's only 2vCPU as far as I know. I might be wrong.
    You are right.

The sun never sets on Rock Paper Synapse.

Merry Christmas and Happy Frozen New Year to all synpse players! May your rank grow in the upcoming year!

The same to you my frozen friend!

Merry Christmas ! Hope Santa was good to you, and that he brought copies of the DLC for anyone who didn't already have it.

I still plan to start the new season a week on Saturday, in case anyone was wondering. I'll start a new thread for it soon.

New thread here.