Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Well, if people don't want to disclose where they are from, well, then we can't do teams. Altough, many people have their location indicated here on the forums and playing teams might be something diffirent. I, personally, won't mind playing with a weaker teammate.

Obscure Node
    If you don't wanna disclose your location then you can be used as a team balancer!

United Kingdom here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gtsbaby View Post
    If you don't wanna disclose your location then you can be used as a team balancer!

United Kingdom here!
    I like that idea. So far we can form team USA, Australia, UK, Russia, Finland (or Scandinavia). That is if everybody would fancy team tournament this time.

How would this work exactly? I mean the teams would not be identical in size.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    How would this work exactly? I mean the teams would not be identical in size.
    Well, we need to see if people are willing to do it at all, thus disclosing their location. I liked Gtsbaby's idea of people not willling to do so join a team that needs players.

If do we continent based teams (North America, Australia, Europe) it might be easier to even up the numbers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    RPS Olympics!

cimethink 0:2 BigBobr99 636302 - I played way too conservatively in this one
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

ColOfNature has defeated bonuswavepilot in match 635111 by 4:1.

FWIW I'd have a go at a location-based type thingy if we could make the number work. I'd be one of those Australians as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    RPS Olympics!

cimethink 0:2 BigBobr99 636302 - I played way too conservatively in this one
    Yeah, I was expecting some more activity from you, since you were 1 man down after turn 1. I thought about pushing more aggresively with my shotgunner, but it was a pure gamble. No place was safe cuz of your rocketman. Didn't want to take any chances and lose that advantage, so I played defensively.
    It was a good game, still.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    Yeah, I was expecting some more activity from you, since you were 1 man down after turn 1. I thought about pushing more aggresively with my shotgunner, but it was a pure gamble. No place was safe cuz of your rocketman. Didn't want to take any chances and lose that advantage, so I played defensively.
    It was a good game, still.
    Normally I'm all about attacking, but I think losing my shottie in turn one disheartened me.

Now if only parpel would take some turns...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I'm thinking parpel and Velijah are no-shows. Maetco and DeVadder can finish off their match at their leisure but in the mean time I congratulate Fumarole (just for a change), rodeoclown (damn you!) and Hammers for topping their respective Divisions. Give 'em all a hand, ladies an' gennelmen!

I'll try to upload the videos later, but YouTube's been messing me about lately for some reason.

About the teams idea: each person playing everyone in the other teams teams, and the aggregate score deciding the winning team, would work quite well. It's an interesting idea. What does everyone think? There have been some murmurings of assent already.
    As to my team, I claim the Lost Continent of Mu as my home, but since the noise from R'lyeh next door can be a bit much some times I maintain a pied-a-terre in the UK, so I guess it'd be Team UK. Or Northern Europe United. Or the NATO First Eleven. Or the Anglosphere All-Stars. Or something.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 16-12-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: accidentally a word

Anyone up for some Uplink? I've yet to play and would like to get a game or two in before playing it in a potential future season. If so send a challenge my way.

Congrats cimethink!

My game versus Maetco will certainly become a devastating defeat, in case that still changes anything.

I am not too interested in a team season. If we play everyone from the other teams, we will get a lot of games. Also, even if we got equal sized teams, then any team with a no-show will have a significant disadvantage.
    However, if it is what people want, i guess i will comply, as long as it does not mean more than maybe 8 games or something.

However, i prefer small divisions and play everybody in your division. This way people not showing up mean no disadvantage for anyone and the number of games is easily adjustable.

If we do teams, i do not see any reason to go by geographical region. First it makes equal teams almost impossible, second we almost guarantee that games will advance by one turn per day at most as people playing each other will allways have different time-zones and third i do not feel any more connected with someone else i do not know from germany or the EU than with any other RPSer from whereever.

Oh, also, congratulations to the winners.
    Well played.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Anyone up for some Uplink? I've yet to play and would like to get a game or two in before playing it in a potential future season. If so send a challenge my way.
    I don't have uplink(?) but assume you can challenge me to it?
    Last edited by Gtsbaby; 17-12-2012 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Is it upload?

Congrats to season 15 champions! I want to practice Upload as well, so feel free to challenge me anytime.

So far from people on permanent list (location specified) such teams could be formed:

Team UK: ColOfNature, Gtsbaby
    Team Australia: bonuswavepilot, rodeoclown
    Team Russia: BigBobr99, SergBeaver
    Team Finland: Maetco
    Team USA: cimethink

DeVadder and Hammers have their location unspecified.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    Congrats to season 15 champions! I want to practice Upload as well, so feel free to challenge me anytime.
    What is upload anyway? Know its from "RED" but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtsbaby View Post
    I don't have uplink(?) but assume you can challenge me to it?
    It is Upload, sorry. Basically it comes down to killing the other guy's hacker before he does the same to yours. They're uncontrollable, apparently. So far every game I generated pitted two gunners and two shields against each other.

Obscure Node
    Damn I need some spare cash to buy RED. Shields, hackers, upload! waaah :D