Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    And Strongbow doesn't...? In my local pubs the best ciders you can get are Aspalls or Stowford Press, but even they are only half decent.
    True, Strongbow is a little common lol since it's popular with underage chavs drinking in parks but I like it. Keeps me in touch with the commoners. Never even heard of those other two brands though since they don't sell them anywhere in Aberdeen.

Obscure Node
    I drink mostly Belgian beer, since its from my country and we have just everything a beer lover can ask. And more.

My favorites:

-Westvleteren Tripel
    -Chimay (Bleue and Rouge)
    -Geuze Oud Beersel or Boob Lambic
    -Timmermans Kriek
    -Kwak (the beer is good, and the glass is very beautiful)
    -Rodenbach
    -Hoegaarden White.

And many more...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    I drink mostly Belgian beer, since its from my country and we have just everything a beer lover can ask. And more.

My favorites:

-Westvleteren Tripel
    -Chimay (Bleue and Rouge)
    -Geuze Oud Beersel or Boob Lambic
    -Timmermans Kriek
    -Kwak (the beer is good, and the glass is very beautiful)
    -Rodenbach
    -Hoegaarden White.

And many more...
    There is nothing as classy as drinking from a Kwak glass.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    http://www.yorktap.com/

This place looks superb. I'm actually considering a diversion on my train journey home at Christmas just to pop in seeing as it's right next to the station.

EDIT: Blimey, check out their beer board:
    http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...88520458_n.jpg
    How I didn't know about this place until recently, I've yet to fathom. Even more perplexing is why I've not been in now I do know of it. (I am going on the 29th though after watching M'boro v Blackpool, looking forward to that day more than xmas).

Went to Hippo Beers in Glasgow tonight. It's not a particularly appealing shop to look into but there's a good selection. Not especially cheap, unsurprisingly, but much like The Cave you're going in for some beers to try rather than a load of beer for a session.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    There is nothing as classy as drinking from a Kwak glass.

True. :)

And the glass make the beer taste slightly different depending on how much beer are left in it. But they are really expensive.

Got a voucher for here at christmas: therealalestore.com/

They had a deal where you could get 12 of the local beers (all within 25 miles of Newark) for £26 so I'm going to be getting a good sampling of Lincolnshire beer. A load of beers from breweries I hadn't even heard of. :)

Also went here, which is thoroughly ace and I was gutted we only had time to stop for one:
    http://www.justbeermicropub.biz/
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Manchester's Marble Brewery 'Chocolate Marble' is the best beer in the world, defo. And I've had a few I can tell you.

(in my opinion, obviously blah, blah, blah)

After how much I fell in love with Mocha and have enjoyed other chocolatey dark beers and stouts since I'd be all over that given half a chance.

Obscure Node
    The best beer i ever drink was in scotland, sorry english :) The innis and gunn beer of Edinburgh.
    If you can try one time some french beer from the north (or belgium, I am not sure of the origin...): Cuvée des trolls, Karmelliet triple, la Rince Conchon (Rinse the pig :) ).

I sort of went off Innis and Gunn for reasons I can't put my finger on.

I'm pleased to have learned a new ale pub is opening on the route me and my brother-in-law drive home. Will hopefully be able to convince him that we ought to go in for a swift one every so often.

Activated Node
    O no! Next Mehdi will be suggesting we all drink Tennets! =O ;)

Nobody would ever suggest that. Right? Right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I like an Innis and Gunn but probably prefer Brew Dog, with Dead Pony Club being my favourite, recently been drinking Sierra Nevada and The Kernel pale ales

Last night I had a bottle of Southville Hop by Bristol Beer Factory and it was absolutely superb. I'll have to get more to confirm (from Hippo Beers, who are excellent) but I reckon it's one of the nicest beers I've had.

I've been thoroughly enjoying Jeremiah Weed lately. Served in a jam jar.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I was at a bottle tasting at BrewDog Glasgow the other week (met the guys from Hippo Beers, as it happens) and got to try AleSmith's Speedway Stout, which I'm pretty sure is the best beer I've ever had.

The guys from Hippo Beers seem very nice chaps from my brief chats when I've been in there.

That Speedway Stout sounds like the sort of thing I'm right into at the moment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    The good news is BrewDog have it in the bar! The bad news is, of course, how much it costs. Still, delicious stuff.

In other beer news:

http://www.munrosglasgow.co.uk/munro.../about-us.html

Now open. Need to get in there and have a nosey.