Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I've found a local waitrose (but notmy local waitrose, infuriatingly enough) that sells Sierra Nevada Torpedo for about 2. I'm off to buy them all.

Just had Little Valley Brewery's Moor Ale from Yorkshire, which unlike the majority of what I drink is actually produced in Great Britain, so I thought it was worth a post. I quite enjoyed it, would suggest people give it a chance.

Last night I had Kelpie Seaweed Ale from Williams Bros., which is Scottish. It was pleasant, but didn't stand out for me.

Otherwise mainly drinking Dungarvan and (when I can get it) Hilden, which are Irish / Northern Irish respectively.

This year's craft beer fest in Dublin is in the RDS (again) from 6-8 September (two weekends away!), so if anyone's likely to be in town, drop me a line and I'll wear a recognisable T-shirt or something. It was very good last year.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

I've had Kelpie and it did absolutely nothing for me but I'm enough of a beer nerd these days that I was glad I tried it. Similarly, I've had oyster stouts which also didn't do much for me.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Stortebeker Atlantik-Ale.

I'm on a strong IPA tip at the moment. The pony tailed, beardy guy in the offy recommended this.
    His ears are bollocked because it's an APA. American Pale Ale.

However, it's beautifully hopped. That's all I ask for ultimately (well, maybe a bit stronger by a % or two).
    Good stuff.

Best beer ever!

1fucking_hell.jpg

Fucking is a little village in Austria (the suffix -ing being very common) and Hell is the general german label for "lager".

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Last time I was back in the UK I had a couple of bottles of various Badger ales from the local corner shop.
    I thought they were all pretty nice, and was particularly partial to Hopping Hare
    http://www.hall-woodhouse.co.uk/beer/hopping-hare which does indeed have a nice citrus touch. It seems you can get it in Tesco, so it's probably easy to get hold of.

http://www.badgerdirect.com/

009711.jpg

Adnams Broadside.

Everyone's pallet is different and everyone like different things. My best friend and best ale drinking buddy is a Pale Ale type bloke, me I wouldn't go near one. If you can see through it it ain't worth it! Amen.

I found this ale in a local cheap OffLicence/Wino in their pitiful attempt to cater to the 10 people in my town who buy bottled beer and boy was I happy I did.

To my knowledge it has only been on tap at my local once in the last couple of years and I phoned above mentioned top ale bloke and sat in there from open to close. Fun times!

Obscure Node
    Nice little bar around the corner from me that serves Freedom lager. It is absolute rocket fuel and a lovely pint. I can't recommend it enough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Case View Post
    009711.jpg

Adnams Broadside.

Everyone's pallet is different and everyone like different things. My best friend and best ale drinking buddy is a Pale Ale type bloke, me I wouldn't go near one. If you can see through it it ain't worth it! Amen.

I found this ale in a local cheap OffLicence/Wino in their pitiful attempt to cater to the 10 people in my town who buy bottled beer and boy was I happy I did.

To my knowledge it has only been on tap at my local once in the last couple of years and I phoned above mentioned top ale bloke and sat in there from open to close. Fun times!
    Ghost ship is nicer, but Adnams is a bit meh for me. Though might be because it's a standard brewery pub in London, who knows.

Thanks to tesco's 4 for 5 deal on beer, a thirtsy Mr Gerbick has been merrily drinking:

1 bottle of Black Sheep's All Creatures
    1 bottle of Wychwood's Hobgoblin
    1 bottle of Theakston's Masham Glory
    1 bottle of Sheperd Neame's Double Stout
    1 bottle of St Autstell's Proper Job
    1 bottel of Brakspear's Oxford Gold
    1 bottle of Sharp's Doom Bar
    1 bottle of Thwaites' Wainwright

hic...

This week I've been narrow boating up and down the Leeds/Liverpool canal.
    The Theakstons Old Peculiar at the Castle in Skipton, Cask Tetley bitter at the White Lion in Kildwick and the Copper Dragon Best Bitter in East Marton's Cross Keys were all superb...for Yorkshire that is.

Obscure Node
    Harvest Pale is wot I drink when I'm back home in the UK. Here in Berlin I mostly have Berliner Pilsner or Fransiskaner Hefeweissen, which is a wheat beer. I think someone mentioned it already, you can get it in the big tescos I think.

Pigging out on Modus Hoperandi at the moment.
    Hoppy, malty and silly priced IPA all the way from Durango, Colorado.

Loving the Two Tone ska thing going on.

Ilkley brewery's The Chief IPA.....oh my days!

It's just, just...just go get some.

Loving IPAs at the moment, but one of the best was Full Nelson brewed by Tiny Rebel in the UK.