Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    Becks to me tastes a very salty beer. Has anyone else found this?
    Umami is not something I would normally associate with beer!
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

http://glasgowbeerweek.com/calendar/

Will have to have a look and see what I fancy partaking in. :)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Was down in Nottingham last weekend visiting a mate, every pub there serves a Pale Ale called Harvest Pale that I recommend for the light-ale drinkers among you. At 3.8% it can sustain a days worth of drinking. On the down-side My stomach felt awful for a week after, but I suspect that was due to the volume imbibed.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Nice. Shame that I don't live in Glasgow anymore.
    Recently been drinking the Chinese Lucky beer. Only £1 from my local Morrisons. Nothing fancy, just your usual Asian lager.

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Was down in Nottingham last weekend visiting a mate, every pub there serves a Pale Ale called Harvest Pale that I recommend for the light-ale drinkers among you. At 3.8% it can sustain a days worth of drinking. On the down-side My stomach felt awful for a week after, but I suspect that was due to the volume imbibed.
    Probably the legendary "dodgy last pint." It's never the 13 that preceded it, it's the LAST PINT that causes the problems.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I had a bottle of this recently. It was amazeballs.

http://victorybeer.com/beers/golden-monkey/

I had a bottle of Nethergate Essex Border recently and it was lovely. Only problem being it's 4.8% and incredibly guzzleable which is a bit of a recipe for disaster.

EDIT: Oh, and "Citra" by Oakham. Quite fruity but very refreshing.
    Last edited by Ian; 17-08-2012 at 12:23 PM.

I had a bottle of citra recently. lovely stuff.

Just had and enjoyed the stout from Dungarvan Brewing Co. (Black Rock), which means I've now enjoyed all three of their main offerings - the other two are a red and an ale. They're still rare in my usual "real beer" pubs, but if anyone else spots them, give them a try.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Went and did some beer-ing in Glasgow yesterday. I tried:

Houston's APA - Inoffensive, quite light. A bit meh but drinkable enough.

Clyde Puffer - One of the dark, tangy sorts. Really not my cup of tea,

Cock O' The Walk - I think I've had it bottled before so it was nice to try it from the tap.

Golden Sun - Not dissimilar to the APA. Not a particularly distinctive taste but pleasant enough.

Went into the Pot Still which as well as having ALL THE WHISKY has three different ales on so it's somewhere I hope to revisit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I've got a bit of a soft spot for milds. Something a bit lovely about their malty-ness

For some reason milds got a small burst of popularity about two years ago but have largely disappeared again. Boo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    Black Sheep. Lovely.

For those of you fortunate/unfortunate to live close to Peterborough, the Peterborough Beer Festival runs from tomorrow until Saturday. After the Great British Beer Fest at Earls Court it is the biggest in the country, will be hosting approximately 50,000 people through the week. It's also in a lovely place on the embankment of the river Nene.

I'm down in Grantham over the weekend but have plans for Friday and I'm not sure how I'd get there on Saturday. Booo. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I've got a bit of a soft spot for milds. Something a bit lovely about their malty-ness

For some reason milds got a small burst of popularity about two years ago but have largely disappeared again. Boo.
    I've never tried one yet but I can reassure you from the bumph CAMRA send me that they're still flying the flag and trying to get people drinking them/selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm down in Grantham over the weekend but have plans for Friday and I'm not sure how I'd get there on Saturday. Booo. :(
    According to national rail you're 23 minutes on the train Grantham>Peterborough. The fest is less than 10 minutes from the station.

A linky to the website http://www.peterborough-camra.org.uk/index.php?bf=1

And this gives an idea of the scale, this photo shows 1 half of 1 of the 2 main bar tents: bnSfGtHi8qfpwwcx.jpg

Just spent a week at the Green Man festival. Much of my drinking was taken up with Moor's Revival and Green Man Growler, brewed by Wye Valley Brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by spacein_vader View Post
    According to national rail you're 23 minutes on the train Grantham>Peterborough. The fest is less than 10 minutes from the station.

A linky to the website http://www.peterborough-camra.org.uk/index.php?bf=1

And this gives an idea of the scale, this photo shows 1 half of 1 of the 2 main bar tents: bnSfGtHi8qfpwwcx.jpg
    I meant more finding the time on Saturday than actually getting there, unfortunately. Plus I'd be another £20-£30 that I should probably not spend on taxis into Grantham (my parents live in a village outside it.)

Obscure Node
    i know im going to get killed for saying this, but i dont like beer. Cider for me.
    Me on Steam

So I went to The Kernel Brewery, near London Bridge (bermondsey) http://thekernelbrewery.com/ where you can go and buy their beer, and drink it!

Had a CITRA IPA, a simcoe IPA, and a brown ale I think. All delicious, bought some more to take home. Any south londoners I highly recommend you go try it one Saturday (they're open 9am - 3pm I think)

I went into the Sandbar in Manchester. Five different ales on tap and the ones I tried were good, the best being Outstanding Brewery's "Selling Out."