Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I just had one of these and WAS REMINDED OF ITS EXCELLENCE

wtfs; I sorry about the attachments, clearly I fail at adding images.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Innis and Gunn ones are pretty good. :)

I tried another Brewdog one last night, the "Trashy Blonde". It too is quite tasty.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I love Leeds Brewery's Midnight Bell. An excellent, small-volume English dark ale.

Out of the occasional dark ale, my tastes run to the nice european lagers. Leffe, Trappist etc of the belgians are all good. Pilsner Urquell is excellent, I always quite enjoy Kaltenberg Hell. When I just want something "clean" and refreshing, asian stuff like Kingfisher and TsingTao are ok. All there things however frequently aren't actually available where I am, so I often have to put up with a Kronenberg or similar - that or switch to cider if there is something decent and west country available.

Tonight I have been drinking the following:

One bottle of Maplemoon
    Three bottles of Cusquena
    And just opening a bottle of forum fave Doombar

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by alice View Post
    Say you go to the pub or one of these magical RPS Social Clubs, what are you ordering?
    A Southern Comfort and coke, most probably.

Yeh, all beer tastes the same to me. Which is a sort of bland... beery kind of taste.

Southern Comfort is one of my favorites too, but i mix it with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trocadero_(drink). It blends perfectly. Great with coke too.

OnT: Again, any brits who can share some pub advice? Going to be in London for about a week in July.
    Last edited by WitchfinderG; 19-06-2011 at 02:10 AM.

New answer. I drink ALL THE BEER. Because it is sea shanty festival and also I have got a phd to to do. Therefore ALL BEER IS GOOD.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    What's the best way to keep beer at the optimum drinking temperature in this hot weather? The fridge is too cold, the cupboard is too warm. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by westyfield View Post
    What's the best way to keep beer at the optimum drinking temperature in this hot weather? The fridge is too cold, the cupboard is too warm. Any advice?
    Drink it quickly! Good point though, I usually only put beer in the fridge when it specifies 'served chilled', but when it's superheated weather, perhaps a sink with some cool water?

Quote Originally Posted by westyfield View Post
    If you are really serious they make wine refrigerators that you can input the desired temperature into like 10(C)
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbick View Post
    perhaps a sink with some cool water?
    This is a good idea, thanks.
    I've seen the wine fridges, but neither have the space nor the dedication to wine/beer to justify the cost.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Bit late to the party here, but Badger ales are consistently good (champion gold is currently leading, closely followed by fursty ferret). I also enjoy Dragon Stout far more than is healthy, but that's Jamaican. It's also not something to be drunk in anything but small quantities, as it's potent stuff.

Activated Node
    my favourites are:

Summer Lightning from the Hopback Brewery (best on tap. tried the bottled version and didn't like it as much)
    Golden Champion from Badger Ales (glad to see it's already got some lovin in here!)
    Belhaven Best
    All of the Brewdogs that I've tried (unfortunately I can't tell you exactly which ones that is - such is the nature of beer - but I did definitely enjoy whatever they were!)

I'm poor and only just 18 (so I am an alcohol philistine) so whatever beer is cheapest/on offer at my local!

I bought Fosters at the weekend which is essentially pisswater, it did the job though!

I just polished off a bottle of Blue Moon. Hmm. Hhhmmmmmmmm. A strange beer, that. It's got coriander and orange in, and the coriander taste certainly dominates. I think it gets nicer the more you drink - the first sip is a 'what is this in my mouth?' moment, followed by deciding that it's actually quite nice. I didn't put a slice of orange in, which is recommended, so perhaps that's why the coriander was the strongest flavour.
    Tentative thumbs up.

I can't stand coriander so will avoid that beer. But, I'm all for unusual beers.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Blue Moon is actually a reasonable American mass-produced knockoff of a Belgian witbier. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, though, unlike the real Belgian stuff.

BTW, "coriander" is meant as in the seeds/spice, not the leaves (aka cilantro).

On holiday in Norfolk I was drinking a lot of Woodforde's Wherry, it was delicious. Especially on the coast with a view of the sea.

Dunno if anybody's seen this:
    http://beertoday.co.uk/?p=4490

I think I've had Wild Hop, or certainly heard of it.

Either way, me and my brother-in-law have decided that on Saturday we're going to buy one of each and have a tasting session. Should be fun.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.