Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Activated Node
    Another note on the smoke grenades, the HS/NV sight works through smoke. This can be great for clearing rooms full of icky elmos or smurfs. The HS/NV sight is pretty great in general. Makes all infantry stand out as bright white, but anything past about 150m becomes murky and obscured.

Quote Originally Posted by Torabayashi View Post
    Another note on the smoke grenades, the HS/NV sight works through smoke. This can be great for clearing rooms full of icky elmos or smurfs. The HS/NV sight is pretty great in general. Makes all infantry stand out as bright white, but anything past about 150m becomes murky and obscured.
    that is ace advice. if we can get enough people together with that upgrade, we can use smoke to our wonderful advantage.

Hm, maybe Ill get some station cash when theres a triple deal.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Interesting, and worrying about the night vision, there.

Has anyone tested whether bashflangs are more effective against night vision?

Activated Node
    Is the mana turret thing with the ammo a thing still, cos I tried this a nothing happend I've got 1 cert in mana turret and I cannot deploy it

Quote Originally Posted by HammerfistXI View Post
    Is the mana turret thing with the ammo a thing still, cos I tried this a nothing happend I've got 1 cert in mana turret and I cannot deploy it
    still works for me, yes. but maybe you rebound B to something else? I dont know what the actual function used to be, probably switch weapon mode or similar?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Top tip: You can cert into using the Mana Turret and still drop ammo packs by pressing "B" key with it equipped.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    I was wondering, anyone tried the battlerifles? Warden for the NC, don't know the VS ones name, but they should be pretty similar. Are they reasonable?

I trialled the Eidolon (that's the VS one) a while back. It is good if you fight at more medium range. If you're more close in, the default carbine is better, IMO. I prefer the carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    I was wondering, anyone tried the battlerifles? Warden for the NC, don't know the VS ones name, but they should be pretty similar. Are they reasonable?
    I picked it up last night, it's great for medium-long range and rather useless up close. It's semi-auto, so really slow fire rate. Stick a 4x scope on it though and it's great for annoying snipers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    ah, great. Just what I was looking and hoping for, as I am most of the time a sunderer engineer. Always nice to be able to stick closer to mu sunderer which tents to be at the back of an assault.

Besides that, my infil uses the SAS-r with a 4x scope a lot. I think I found my new engineer weapon

Activated Node
    Thought I'd just chime in regarding weapons...
    The VX6-7 is the best shortrange weapon in the game, with the fastest Time To Kill of all infantry weapons. It's insane!
    It's been like that since launch, and the only thing that has changed is that it has a higher reload time now..
    The main drawback of the gun itself is that it eats through bullets, but since you are engineer, it's not much of a problem.

I am considering the Solstice SF for the attachments, and it does sound fun with the smoke/NV combo (don't use the NV on the VX6-7 though, prefer Reflex scope). But the pure power at short-mid range of the VX6-7 is too good to pass up. Infact, I'm almost positive it will recieve a nerf to the damage it does.

I also don't bother with laser dots since I always (unless I'm like 3m away) aim down sights. I find that the red laser spoils my position too much. Instead I use the foregrip, but it really doesn't do any difference to the recoil.
    I also got soft point ammo, but don't use it since the lack of long range / really short range dmg is impaired. And I kill stuff fast enough at mid-range anyway...

Activated Node
    Yeah, that's precisely the use for the Eidolon, I think. Stay back, repair your vehicles, use the rifle to dissuade heavies from popping off rockets at you. You won't get many kills with it -- or at least, I don't, unless someone decides to trade fire with me at medium range. But it does enough damage even with a body hit to make people think seriously about snuggling a rock.

I like it quite a bit, but it is highly situational, and if you don't enjoy that role, or don't play it often, then spent the certs/SC somewhere else.
    Last edited by Herkimer; 06-12-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    It is also usable by HA, which means it can fill the same kind of role if, say, you're on tank defense for a friendly Sunderer and want to be able to scare enemy heavies or snipers off.