Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RPS Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Battle Royale anyone?

With the Steam sale having Chivalry at 50% off, I think many of us bought the game and are now looking to play with other RPS readers.

This is why I decided to make a Steam group and organise some RPS Battle Royale style matches or just general Chivalry sessions in which we can bash our heads in and decide who is worthy to be called a swordmaster.

I am currently trying to set up an RPS dedicated and password protected server that we can use for those sessions, but due to the complicated nature of doing just that it may take a while.

Anyway, here is the link to the Steam group for the interested, where we will announce any RPS specific Chivalry sessions.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSChivalry

So oil your armour and sharpen your longswords, I will see you on the battlefield (and then proceed to cut your head off.)

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Oh excellent, my main issue is that most of the servers seem to be absolutely rammed at peak hours, the only ones you generally find are LMS servers, which is for me the least fun mode with a large player count.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Ohh, nice. Mighty kind of you to be setting up a server, too, will be sure to be in there as much as possible so you can get some free kills because dear god I'm freaking horrible.

Count me in.

Network Hub
    Huzzah! *Claps axe and shield together*

yes with much cleaving in twain,i shall join you

So I think I got a server running, but I can't test it as somehow the console in game seems to be broken and I can't connect to my own server. I am 90% certain the server does not show up in the regular server browser and you have to connect via IP, which is only possible over the console.

If anyone manages to get the console in game working, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how you did it!

(Also a few of us played a couple of rounds of Last Team Standing yesterday, and I have to say it is truly a great mode if you work together as a team and hold the enemy off at chokepoints. We had a ton of fun.)

Can I sharpen my armour and oil my sword? I believe the element of confusion will give me the edge in battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

So, Head managed to properly set up a dedicated server today and somehow got around the trouble with the console, which enabled us to organise an impromptu RPS session.

We played Free For All and Last Team Standing and then did some duelling aswell.
    All I can say is that it was great and that I am looking forward to playing more!

Check the Steam group for announcements and events in case we organise another quick session.

That was a very fun ruckus, we should try some of the objective based maps next time, too. Loved it when you were taunting from the top of a rock gearing up for the final duel at the end and Head just threw a couple of axes while you were stuck in the animation. And died. :p

I've done a few searches on steam for the group and it won't turn up - could someone send me an invite please? My steam name is 'Fierce K Pierce'

There is a link to it in the original post.

Yeah but that just opens it in the browser. How does one open it in Steam? Tried searching for "Rock, Poleaxe, Shortsword" but that turns up nothing. I'm henke on Steam, someone invite me plz. Loving this game and it would be a blast to play with you guys! :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Try with RPSChivalry or RPSCH.
    Alternatively, look for one of our profiles on the RPS Steam group, go to our groups, and it should be there. Though that might be messy considering just how many bloody members the standard RPS group has.
    You could also try joining the Steam chat and checking the profiles of people there, since it seems quite a bunch of the members are chat regulars.

Thanks for the tip. Neither RPSChivalry nor RPSCH showed up anything but searching through the RPS groups member list did the trick.

The problem is the search literally shows nothing, no matter what title you put into it. I did what Rauten said and just searched for someone already in the group and got to the group from their profile.
    I got Chivalry at the weekend but I'm waiting on a new GPU to arrive before I try and play it, so I might not be ready to join a session quite yet. Should be up and running come next week, though.

Well, as it stands right now we are doing spontaneous sessions only, with an Event announcment via the group 30 minutes or sometimes an hour ahead. The problem is that neither me nor Head's machine can really handle player numbers of more than about 15 people, so the slots for sessions are quite limited and we already hit 12 people in yesterday's session.

I like the game so much that I am most likely going to rent a Chivalry server for a month or two come beginning of next month, so that we can organise a proper, big team objective session with hopefully as many people as possible, but as I said for now this is not possible due to the limitation of what self-hosted servers can achieve.

So alway watch out for eventual events popping up or simply hang around in the official RPS Steam group to see if anyone shouts "Knights of the RPS, assemble for a tournament" or something like that.

I'd like to join in on this, though I'm a little rusty. On the bright side I am in need of some CMW buddies to play with.

My steam id is Kirito-kun
    Last edited by Scythe+; 02-12-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Just joined the steamgroup, looking forward to getting stabbed by you all!

I have joined. I'm still not great at the game though, but I will do what I can, for Agatha!