Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar

That ingame cash, whats your spend?

Just curious how much people have spent in real world money so far? I saw a few disturbing posts that people were dropping RRP of a regular game on points. And how far did they go, are you still tempted to buy more?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I bought €21 worth of station cash when there was a triple deal going on. I bought some weapons for my magrider, some guns and camos and still have loads left (over 5 or 6k maybe). I probably wont buy any more. I buy some xp boosts now and then for an hour.

Also I should maybe add, I don't have a subscription, so the €21 is all I've spent.
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 17-01-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Nothing, as I really, really can't afford it still, however I will be throwing about £20 their way as soon as I can safely spare it, just to support them. Will probably spend it on giraffe camo, as I'm not all that bothered about extra weapons etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I have spent 38 Euros on the game so far, all during tripple cash events.
    I am not planning on getting more as I don't spent more on a f2p game then I would on a retail game, also I still have around 6000 unspent station cash.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'm almost ashamed to say... I bought 10k SC x 3 during the triple deal. So that's what? 760 SEK = £50-£60 = €80? And I' dumped a couple hundred SEK on them before that too. Most of it's gone now, too...

Yeah, I like this game, and would like it to succeed financially as well as practically, so it gets to live long enough for it to reach its true potential.
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 17-01-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Added euros.

Activated Node
    This is the only F2P game I've EVER spent money on. I missed the triple SC event which was a bit annoying, but so far I've spent £15 of my own money and my work colleagues got me £35 worth of GAME vouchers for my birthday so I promptly went and got £35 of Steam wallet vouchers and that's all gone on SC!

Honestly, as long as they keep developing and supporting the game as they plan to, I'm happy to keep spending money. I had a WoW account for a few years and I don't even want to think about how much i spent on that!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I have bought 1 month sub and a few thousand stationcash... maybe 30-40$ all in all. Used the money on "must" have stuff like giraffe cammo, extra burster, saron, libgun, a2g and a2a missiles for scythes.

So far i think PS2 has nailed the amount of cash "needed" to unlock everything you need to get the most out of the game. Otherwise "free2play" games can often be way more expensive than just buying a AAA game if you want the "full experience".

21€ on the triple SC day as well - which resulted in 7500 SC, if I remember correctly. First things I bought were rocket pods for the Reaver and the second Burster for the Max. Apart from that, I mostly check the daily deals, where I got e.g. the GD-7F, that I really like using as LA.

I still got some SC left, but the first patches/announcements are quite promising, I think. So if they continue developing and supporting the game that much, I might very well spent more.

Btw: This is actually the second F2P game I spent some money on, the first one being Tribes: Ascend.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    £15 on the triple day, still have half left after my camo, burster, mag upgrades, etc.

Looking into some inf weapons but not sure really, I like the look of the auto shotgun with slugs but I do really well with the default guns so haven't felt much need to upgrade :/

I spent 109€ on SC.

Now let me explain, mind: I played Perpetuum online for 8 months and spent about 240€ during that time on 3 different accounts.
    Here, I have a bunch of SC to spend on (hopefully) the entire lifetime of PS2. I still have 30k left, which should last me quite a while. (but even if it lasts me only 8 months, thats still less than I paid for perp online)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

I haven't spent anything and probably also never will. I started playing PS2 just after the triple SC deal had ended and don't feel a longterm motivation to keep playing (however, I bought a 1 hour XP booster with the free SC you get for registering with other SOE games). With the certs I earned I bought a few optics, cheap armor upgrades, C4 for the medic, tank mines, and a bit of other stuff that was fun to play around with.

I might have spent up to 30EUR for SC during the triple deal if I had felt that the game was straight down my alley.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I splashed out on the triple deal too and got 15000 SC. I think I paid maybe 40 euros for it and I have about 6000 SC left of that. Mostly used it on guns. For vanity items I've got the giraffe camo and the composite armor and helmet for the Max-suit.

Dat station cash.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    2 months sub, 50 $ on tripple SC day, and about 15$ more before and after, all in all 95$. Not regretting single dime.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Zero. The game is a mess. I can't condone endorsing it in this state.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    About 140 euro or so. 90 euro triple cash sale, 30 subs, 20 at some other time. I like to buy silly stuff and I didn't really buy any other games in november or december.

To those of you with a £10-20 spend and are satisfied with the result you just convinced me to humour spending once I get a new cpu (it runs terribly on my 2.4 core duo). To those who spent in excess of £100,I have a bridge you may be interested in owning.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    To those of you with a £10-20 spend and are satisfied with the result you just convinced me to humour spending once I get a new cpu (it runs terribly on my 2.4 core duo). To those who spent in excess of £100,I have a bridge you may be interested in owning.
    nobody spent more than a 100 up to now, I think. isnt 100GBP = 150€?

Either way, I waited till there was a triple SC deal. You could, alternatively, just sub for a bit, you get 500 SC per month and the XP bonus is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    About 140 euro or so. 90 euro triple cash sale, 30 subs, 20 at some other time. I like to buy silly stuff and I didn't really buy any other games in november or december.
    I stopped playing perpetuum, so it simply replaced those costs. cheaper, even.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

I forgot the euro has been sliding the few years.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    £24... or something like it. Bought a minimal amount to begin with, for cosmetic nonsense, then spent another £20 on triple stationcash day. Wouldn't feel particularly comfortable spending more, but still have a couple k SC unspent, so I'm not likely to want any more. Mostly spent it on guns like the air-to-air rocket pods, which I wouldn't have been able to afford with certs, and feel totally worth it since they open up whole new ways of playing. No regrets - I also think the game is great and that it has totally earned my money.

edit: Yeah, totally worth waiting for a triple event, apparently they happen several times a year - perhaps easter or something will see one?