Activated Node

Mumble positional audio plugin

Don't think I have ever used mumble's positional audio before tbh, but it might be handy for medics and engies to find the needy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/721najnbn6gpepk/ps2.dll

Drop the DLL in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mumble\plugins\ and restart mumble.

Apparently it's been given the blessing of PS2 devs: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...l.55329/page-2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Oh! Was waiting for this. It works really well in some games and in some (like BF3) you can't even tell that it's on. It CAN help communication a lot though, when it dampens people really far away.

This is excellent in PR for BF2. You can communicate with everyone on your team if they are close to you, or use the in built VOIP to communicate with your squad like a radio.
    Then even better there is a squad leader specific mumble, so squad leaders can talk to each other (and each other only) to coordinate. A perfect mix in my opinion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Fantastic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Has anyone tried it? BTW, it seems that you can disable positional audio for shouts/whispers. So we could use positional for tactical, and shout/whisper for general orders and ofcourse banter.

Activated Node
    I've been using it, but have no idea if it's working as I don't talk that much and I'm often in an aircraft. How would being a 1000m apart affect it? Perhaps we should test it at a warpgate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by izal View Post
    I've been using it, but have no idea if it's working as I don't talk that much and I'm often in an aircraft. How would being a 1000m apart affect it? Perhaps we should test it at a warpgate.
    It only works for those in Mumble also using the plugin.

Otherwise the plugin would be reporting player locations other than your own, which is what "wallhacks" do.

If all the plugin does is report your own location, then it's not a hack (as in: You know where you are). If you then chose to share your location information by sending this info to a third party program (Mumble), that's your own call.

As it stands, it's require everyone in Mumble to be using it, which is a quite a bit of an ask when there's lots of people online. I'd wait until (if) there's an official plugin before we try to use this beyond a few people trying it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by izal View Post
    I've got it installed. We could give it a try sometime.

I've got it and can participate in a test as well.

Obscure Node
    Does anyone get worked both at the same time: mumble and in game voice chat ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deralex View Post
    Does anyone get worked both at the same time: mumble and in game voice chat ?
    They work at the same time fine. You just have to make sure both are set as push-to-talk and don;t use the same keys as PTT. Mumble will 'capture' the mic if it's in use; which means Mumble will take-over the mic if not PTT or on the same PTT as in-game voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    They work at the same time fine. You just have to make sure both are set as push-to-talk and don;t use the same keys as PTT. Mumble will 'capture' the mic if it's in use; which means Mumble will take-over the mic if not PTT or on the same PTT as in-game voice.
    thanks works