Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    I believe you need to upgrade before you can break through a shield in a sunderer. Also before you can make it a spawn point, which is probably the most important upgrade in the game, and one of few that I'd call vital. Word of warning: You have to equip the upgrades from the vehicle spawn screen for them to work. Found that out the infuriating way.
    Yep, you need to cert an upgrade to be able to drive through shields. And seeing the cert tree, i would assume that you can only equip either the spawn thingie or the shield breaker. That is why i suggested taking infils with you to hack the vehicle controls so you can spawn a normal sundy inside for your friends to spawn at.
    However, i do not have the shield breaking cert, so i do not really know.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I'm planning on getting that, but that will take some time. I'll report back if noone else beats me to it

Thank you very good info helped me a lot!

Obscure Node
    Sony really ought to hire you to write some FAQs for them. :-)

Thanks for the incredibly thoughtful guide!

Sundy shield breaking is a viable tactic, in some ways its more powerful than a spawn point (assuming one is already setup), because its very destructive. Running over people, blowing up terminals, dumping out powerful units like MAX's... its very, very scary stuff, which unprepared defenders will get screwed over.

It is not the be all, end all, but it can do lots of damage.

Obscure Node
    Thanks for sharing! People should pay you certs for this
    I'l sure feel less like an idiot now, just running around killing and dying XD

Cheers for the guide, sadly I muddled my way through and figured it out the hard way.

PS you can resize screenies by double clicking them - saves lazy people having to open them

Obscure Node
    This really needs a sticky!

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Cheers for the guide, sadly I muddled my way through and figured it out the hard way.

PS you can resize screenies by double clicking them - saves lazy people having to open them
    Ha, i somehow assumed that was only possible for linked pictures and not for uploaded ones. No idea why i would think that, though.
    The resolution looks kinda funny now on some of them for me, but i believe this is still the better way to go indeed.

This was amazingly educational. Thank you so much!

In-depth and thorough. Definitely needs a sticky!

Game Update 1 has massively changed Tech Plants.
    I am planning to add new pictures in the future, but for now, i just changed the text and removed some pictures.

The changes are, that now there are generators outside that can be destroyed to disable the main shields, just like in AMP Stations and the main spawn room is no longer connected to the facility via teleporter (this has also changed the layout of the interior slightly).

Personally i really dislike these changes as Tech Plants now are basically AMP Stations without walls but with added unshielded entrances. Given that Tech Plants are more important than AMP Stations, it feels kind of wierd that they are easier to take now. At least that is what i assume.
    So now the Bio Labs are the only facility that really stands out.

Hmm, is it not possible to change the name of a thread? Apparently i can only change the title of the OP...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I think they'll make them more difficult again really. Now it's felt a bit easy, before it was way too tedious. They need to hit that point in between.

SOE have so far shown to be very quick to respond to the community, so I have faith in them that they'll do this fairly soon.

Obscure Node
    Great thread. I created this login just to say thanks really.

I'm a veteran of PS 1, and found I have really missed the tutorials that came with that when I first played yesterday (needed reminding of things, and to check if things were the same).

In fact my first experience is terrible. It seems like a good idea to drop you in to a fight, but both times I was shot down by folks who noticed me coming in, and couldn't do anything about it. Other than that, loving being back in the big battles.

Now I just need to play like it's 2003. Although with a wife and child now, that's kinda tricky. I am thinking of paying though. It seems odd not to pay this time

(This would be my fourth sub game... Everquest, PS, WoW, this)
    Last edited by Retne; 14-12-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: accidental early post