Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Network Hub
    We will be using TSand vanilla combined operations (BAF expansion allows you to have better models but isn't essential), it doesn't need any more layers or complexity than a regular session. It is worth pointing out that just so there are no misunderstandings;

Support roles - there are not many, they will be doing very little and only when asked to by the Task Force. Their tasks will include transporting the squads, providing resupply, providing arty fire missions for the task force and on occasion the odd CAS mission. NOT flying around in an A-10 but taking off, executing a strike called by the infantry then returning to base for retasking.

For this reason you need to be confident landing cleanly at fairly low altitude as well as being familiar with weapon systems. I will have a couple of slots only free, I just want people to understand there is going to be a lot of waiting around for the support team.

I will also be needing volunteers for Alpha, Bravo and Charlie SLs.

Tank crew here!

Activated Node
    Well if you don't find people to fly a chopper and wait for an hour, I'm willing to do that.
    Other than that, stick me in some rifleman slot (I could do JTAC too).

Obscure Node
    I'm interested, though i've only just begun playing arma 2 regularly, so if there are any grunt spots left, i'll take one.

I'd also happily take a grunt spot.

Obscure Node
    Count me in! Any role is fine with me -- I'll go SL if you like -- or vehicle crew, FTL, AR/AT, whatever... <:)

Do we have any idea on the date of this? I would hate to miss out!

Yeah it would be interesting to know the time, and how serious is it, I mean at the level of FolkARPS or more milsimmy?

If the time is good then I volunteer for Bravo SL, yes that's right, for SL. (god help us)

Network Hub
    Only serious in the way that we need people not to be completely stupid so we can get things done. So normal ARPS and folk style.

Activated Node
    Meh, sign me up for SL or support.

Quote Originally Posted by Draakon View Post
    Meh, sign me up for SL or support.
    What's with the 'Meh' comrade?! Our SLs must be zealously devoted to the cause!

In all seriousness, I'm up for lead roles, or if they are taken I'll take a JTAC.
    Last edited by Bodge; 04-12-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    What's with the 'Meh' comrade?! Our SLs must be zealously devoted to the cause!
    That's how i roll baby!

Activated Node
    Any update on when this might happen?

Network Hub
    I will try to give 2 weeks notice. It is likely to be not long after Christmas at the moment. I have had little time to sort things out of late, but it is not forgotten.

Meeeeeeeeediiiiiic!

That means I'll take medic. Yeah.

Activated Node
    Me! I can do something that flies, or Lee Enfield rifleman. Any time in the new year will be ok.

I'm out of town from the 29th-31st of this month, but if it takes place a time other than that weekend, then I'll be either a JTAC / FAC or an SL.

~ Ferrard

Obscure Node
    I'd like to fly CAS. I'm pretty decent with jets, never worked with a FAC though. Would be good fun to get coherent instructions on a target for once.

I'll take mortar, please. IT EXISTS IN MY HEAD OK SHUT UP

Also, CAS. Confident pilot in jets and helos.

Alternatively, in the likely event that I don't get drawn out of the hat for CAS, I'm happy to FTL (I'd rather not SL, though).

Ninja edit: As Ferrard said, New Year's Eve/Day is not a good time for me, as I (and I suspect many others) will be spending it inebriated.

Edit 2: If possible, it'd be nice to organise as many people as possible recording the mission at the same time. I've always wanted to edit something like that together.
    Last edited by egg651; 17-12-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

Network Hub
    Just for clarification - There are no dedicated "CAS" slots. The support team will be doing various odds and ends (including cas missions) and not all of them exciting. Likelyhood is infantry will request a strike, someone will get up in the air, hit the target, come back and carry on not doing much.

I just want to make sure the people that get it are not under the impression they will be flying a jet domi style.

EDIT: Oh and i am looking early jan for a slot, it will not be new years.