indie(Magazine); is looking for games!

I'm currently taking requests from anyone who's working on a game and wants it reviewed or previewed to be put in the January issue of indie(Magazine);, which is run by indie(Function);.

Normally, I'd reach out to developers myself, but I'm interested in reaching projects that I may not have reached otherwise, so I'm reaching out in a different manner.

If you're interested, go here:
    http://indiefunction.com/contact
    Last edited by johnki; 12-12-2012 at 06:32 AM.

For those that are interested, Issue 20 just launched with reviews of Primordia, Phantasmaburbia, Middens, and more, as well as interviews with John Clowder and Sekaru. This is the official December issue.

Next, we'll be doing a special Christmas issue and some of the games that have been sent to me here will be in it!

Quote Originally Posted by rosse119 View Post
    I have to say the mag looks far better then it used to, i tried reading the issues before issue 19 and wasn't a big fan.
    New designer. Glad you're liking it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by rosse119 View Post
    One thing i would say could improve things is an overall score for games reviewed instead of just the breakdown.
    Issue 20 is the first one with an overall score.

EDIT: It's also the first one on a monthly schedule...one we're breaking for Christmas to try something new.

On the 23rd, if all goes well, we're going to release what I can only call a "Christmas Review." It'll be a once a year (or one-off, perhaps) issue where we take a bunch of games from this year and review them and that's it. Sort of like a small-ish buyer's guide for people with Christmas money burning holes in their pockets.

And then we'll be moving to the monthly schedule again with the next formal issue, Issue 21, hitting in late January, which will be the one you'll be in. :)
    Last edited by johnki; 11-12-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Man, you've got to find a different icon for the RSS feed. That thing is monstrous. Also, having a semicolon at the end of your brand is a very, very bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tomeoftom View Post
    Man, you've got to find a different icon for the RSS feed. That thing is monstrous. Also, having a semicolon at the end of your brand is a very, very bad idea.
    I'll pass that along.
    Last edited by johnki; 11-12-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Obscure Node
    I am currently developing a Zombie Survival RTS. Funny how many people have started down that path and it seems have abandoned the concept. I would be happy to share some background on the project and where it's headed if you would be interested. As we get closer to Kickstarter launch I'll be posting an additional thread as well. If you would like the current skinny on the project you can go to http://www.zombica.com. We are posting to the site as progress is made and I'm also blogging on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Funfy View Post
    I am currently developing a Zombie Survival RTS. Funny how many people have started down that path and it seems have abandoned the concept. I would be happy to share some background on the project and where it's headed if you would be interested. As we get closer to Kickstarter launch I'll be posting an additional thread as well. If you would like the current skinny on the project you can go to http://www.zombica.com. We are posting to the site as progress is made and I'm also blogging on Twitter.
    Get in touch formally through one of the emails here - http://indiefunction.com/contact - and we'll get back to you.

I thought I'd mentioned it here, but since I didn't, we now have a formal "Contact Us" page, which is linked above.

Cheers for the mention! "Seizure inducing disco disaster" had me pissing myself yesterday. My work here is done :D
    There's no manifesto. There's no formal plan.
    Steam

Hey! It's a lovely work you're doing but I've seen some problems with the design. Mainly readability issues but there are other stuff as well. If you'd like I can give your designer some tips, just tell him to contact me if he wants to.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Hey! It's a lovely work you're doing but I've seen some problems with the design. Mainly readability issues but there are other stuff as well. If you'd like I can give your designer some tips, just tell him to contact me if he wants to.

Cheers.
    Just for the record, our designer is a her.

If you could private message me some of the places you saw readability issues, it would be greatly appreciated. We all have pretty good eyesight and don't have any issues reading it, but we understand that isn't the case for everyone and are more than open to suggestions on how to make it more readable for everyone.

Sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Sent you a pm
    Received. Passed the advice on. Thanks.

Oh, and we launched a Tumblr today. It'll be used for news, primarily, since the mag, being on a monthly schedule, just can't keep up with everything. Everything else is staying in the mag.

We are more than open to posting about stuff you send us.

http://indiebulletin.tumblr.com/

The thick yellow font neutral against grey dots on the contact page is the only trouble I'm having reading.

I also have a project that I'm working on that's in alpha, would that be acceptable for submission? It's a silly adventure game and there is a playable build that is maintained regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Noyemi K View Post
    I also have a project that I'm working on that's in alpha, would that be acceptable for submission? It's a silly adventure game and there is a playable build that is maintained regularly.
    Send in whatever info you think is necessary and what you have in mind for it, and we'll get back to you. :)

EDIT:
    The thick yellow font neutral against grey dots on the contact page is the only trouble I'm having reading.
    I went back and checked and I'm not really sure where you're talking about. If you read this, can you point me in the direction of that so we can get it fixed?
    Last edited by johnki; 13-12-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    I went back and checked and I'm not really sure where you're talking about. If you read this, can you point me in the direction of that so we can get it fixed?
    This is the offending area. It's not *impossible* to read, but it doesn't stand out much against the background and thus creates a little bit of eyestrain. Maybe a white or black border around the text would help.

This is the offending area. It's not *impossible* to read, but it doesn't stand out much against the background and thus creates a little bit of eyestrain. Maybe a white or black border around the text would help.
    OH! That looks more orange-y to me, hence the confusion.

Yeah, I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    OH! That looks more orange-y to me, hence the confusion.

Yeah, I'll see what I can do.
    Oh, I see. I took a look on my other monitor and it definitely sticks out more, but the gamut of my main doesn't seem to get any brighter. Otherwise, the site actually has a pretty easy-to-use design and is quite pretty to look at (the orange complements the blue in the header card and links).

I also shot you an email about my game. I am very grateful for the opportunity!

Oh, I see. I took a look on my other monitor and it definitely sticks out more, but the gamut of my main doesn't seem to get any brighter. Otherwise, the site actually has a pretty easy-to-use design and is quite pretty to look at (the orange complements the blue in the header card and links).
    Yeah, I'll talk to our designer and see what we can do to fix the readability in that spot.

Hello johnki. We made a simultaneous launch for our second game 99 Spirits on IndieGoGo and Steam Greenlight. It would help a lot if you can make a mention of it on your magazine and to your friends who would be interested in Japanese style games.
    Support Fruitbat Factory to play the best Japanese indie games in English. Our games 100% Orange Juice and War of Human Tanks are on Greenlight.

I actually don't work for iF anymore. If you'd like to get in contact with them, though, email bret -at- indiefunction -dot- com.