Hi all,

Having played Planetside 2 (and enjoying it) it's got me thinking that it's probably about time to start upgrading my rig.
I know that they're attempting to optimise it at the moment and people with far better pc's than me are having fps issues in the zerg but I'd like to be able to stop running the game on lower settings with maybe a few more fps than I have now.
This would also have a nice knock on effect of making Arma 2 and all the other games I enjoy and will enjoy in the future, play a lot better.

So, my current setup is:

Gigabyte P43T-ES3G motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz
Corsair (2 x 4GB) 8GB DDR3 1333MHz XMS3
Radeon HD5770 1GB
Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm
OCZ Stealth Xtream 500W PSU

My initial thoughts were to get a new GPU as this Radeon is looking a little old right now but then I'm not sure if this would necessitate a new PSU as well.
Then if I wanted to upgrade my processor to something faster I don't know whether this would mean a new motherboard too.
Basically my knowledge is fairly limited, although Google has been a good friend in the past but I find asking for first hand advice and suggestions far better than many tutorials that come up.

I haven't put a price but anything you think would definitely be necessary or at least the absolute minimum to make it worth spending my money would be a good start.

Thanks in advance.
OP