Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So here's the thing, a lot of the patterns actually require the same movement and it's a case of knowing when to apply your knowledge move-set to that particular pattern. There's a few with the left-right-left (or vice-versa) movement. That said, Hyper Hexagonest does have a new pattern that rarely shows up in the other Hypers, that requires you to, I think, go one direction twice, then the other way once. I can't do it yet, it's super quick and super hard.

And Hexagonest's tune is clearly the best!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Just finished the Hexagoner level after two failures in the last 5 seconds. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but this game reminds me of beating a raid boss in WoW after wiping on him for weeks. Dying in Super Hexagon in the last 5 seconds is comparable to the feeling of a 1% wipe.

It's amazing. I never thought I'd get that feeling again after giving up WoW raiding.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Gah, I'm at 57.47 on Hexagon now.

This is a game that will actually lead to me vocally stating my pleasure at finally completing a certain bit of it, something I think that has only happened with Terry's other recent effort (good old Doing Things the Hard Way and Edge Games), Spelunky and Binding of Isaac.

Don't know what it is with these games that hooks me, I detested Dark Souls, ran out of patience with Super Meat Boy and so on; not sure why certain "hard" games inspire me to try and complete them to the best of my abilities and others just frustrate and bore me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Gah, I'm at 57.47 on Hexagon now.

This is a game that will actually lead to me vocally stating my pleasure at finally completing a certain bit of it, something I think that has only happened with Terry's other recent effort (good old Doing Things the Hard Way and Edge Games), Spelunky and Binding of Isaac.

Don't know what it is with these games that hooks me, I detested Dark Souls, ran out of patience with Super Meat Boy and so on; not sure why certain "hard" games inspire me to try and complete them to the best of my abilities and others just frustrate and bore me.
    The good ones have amazing soundtracks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Hexagon: 61:00
    Hexagoner: 31:24
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Hexagonest is for crazy people. Hexagoner annoys me as I can do most of the patterns in the early stages apart from the one 5 seconds into this video where I always die as I just can't get the required key presses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVbUNDAFyhU
    That's exactly the same one that gets me. I can gets past all the other patterns. But that one. Fucks me. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That's exactly the same one that gets me. I can gets past all the other patterns. But that one. Fucks me. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    Same here. I actually did manage to get past it once, followed by a high squeek of joy and imminent death.

Anyway,
    Hexagon: 60.36
    Hexagoner: 33.32 (if I had made it 0.01 second longer, I would probably let it be)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Hyper Hexagonest - 25.08. Annoyed because I crashed into a sequence I knew. Up to this point, I've worked out how to complete every sequence, apart from one (it's the one after the load-up, where you have two paths connected by a 'ring'). I think it's one direction, opposite, repeat, but I've never passed it without pressing some buttons and hoping for the best. I'm finding myself more and more hitting into sequences that are 'easy' now and it's because the control doesn't feel like it's going at the speed I think it should be, or crashes into walls just over the edge, as already mentioned.

I'm not exactly complaining. This is the hardest level in the game and it shows. My time, at writing, is 375th on the leaderboard. This is bearing in mind only 0.7% of the people who own the game have completed this level.