Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MadJax View Post
    Highly enjoyed most of the game (As has been pointed out, there are weaker sections) and have played to 99%, so my question is:

Where the *&^% are Memory Card 1 and Relic 104?!?! The last 2 things I need for 100% and the OCD side of me refuses to let me sleep!
    All the mem cards are in liberated strongholds/safehouses, so do a fast travel lap through them all to find it.

Can't help you with the relic, but you should be able to buy maps that reveal everything.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    I like to imagine the man pulling dolls heads and playing cards out of his pocket and sticking them in a slot in the vending machine. Then money and guns pop out.
    That's how they work. Kind of. Notice how there's no kids roaming the island, and most of the adults seem to have plenty of money despite not having a job?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I'm really impressed with how smooth all the movement is, aside from occasional trouble finding the sweet spot for climbing. Cover is intuitive and properly integrated with the normal control system, rather than being a context sensitive replacement for crouch. That and the sliding and mantling have been done in a few games now, but it all fits together very well and they seem to have thought of everything. John already mentioned the diving and being able to sprint properly, and I like how when you go down a steep slope you slide down properly, rather than floating above the terrain/flying off and dying like most games.

Yeah, I really like the cover/lean mechanic. Other games have tried to do it this way, but it's never worked this well. It's far better than individual lean commands, and I honestly hope everybody else steals it.

I think I saw this method for lean implemented somewhere else, but can't remember where... either way, it's nicely organic AND it's a good way of doing lean in a title that has to be released on console.

As an aside, I fell in love with the bow. It's my most used weapon. There has literally been no situation in the game that didn't get better via the application of an arrow to the head* from the range of 80 meters.

*admit it, you were expecting another body part here, didn't you?
    Last edited by His Master's Voice; 07-12-2012 at 02:23 AM.

I find the neck pretty satisfying. I realise there's already enough neck trauma in this game, but it just looks awesome.

I think the other game with good-leaning like this might've been Crysis 2. Does that sound right? I know the second Juarez game did it as well, but it didn't really work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    The movement is pretty similar to Crysis 2, but I don't remember how the cover worked there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Does anyone else almost find it easier not to use iron sights? I'm so conditioned to use them now, but hip firing seems pretty nice in this.

Do you have the reticle on? But yeah, even with it off I still do my share of hip-firing. There are skill unlocks to make it even more viable, but also ones that make aiming down the sights faster and better. They've done a great job supporting both, I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Syndicate had the same lean system. Worked great there, too.

Argh that modding thread has now posted a mod that also unlocks all the DLC. Now I'm scared Ubisoft will lock the game down.

Activated Node
    Hey guys there has been a few developments of mods over at the official pc forum, here's a pic of the WIP no minimap mod!

For more info check out this thread, and the no minimap mod is on page 13
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...r-Cry-3/page13

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwilym View Post
    Argh that modding thread has now posted a mod that also unlocks all the DLC. Now I'm scared Ubisoft will lock the game down.
    Does that mean that all the DLC was included in the game files? Not really DLC then, is it?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Does that mean that all the DLC was included in the game files? Not really DLC then, is it?
    Well technically yes, its not dlc, but I really don't care for it if its going to get the mod community stomped on...

Yeah, but that's an old argument* that will be of less concern to Ubisoft than the basic fact of us getting something free that's supposed to be paid for**. I just hope they ban that particular mod rather than stymie the entire modding potential.

Also, actual minimap removal! Yay!

*which I completely agree with, of course

**I do get the impression this is more along the lines of exclusive preorder shit rather than stuff they're going to actually sell, but even that will probably get them flustered
    Last edited by Gwilym; 07-12-2012 at 04:41 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    They made their bed. Maybe this will teach them not to shit in it.

More likely it'll make them burn it.

Okay I'm not really sure how to work within this metaphor

Activated Node
    I spent almost the entire day playing this game. I have the same complaints as everyone else, but thankfully due to the open world nature of the game I can almost completely avoid some of them, and zone out during the things I must do.

I really don't get why they thought it was a good idea to remove control from the player during conversations. It just ruins the mood for me. Also the petty little argument you have with your girlfriend at one point is so badly done. It's like an episode of The Hills taking place during a tragic hostage situation. It's unfortunate because given the situation it could be a good story, but it just ends up being lazy and insensitive at times.

I love exploring the map though. I like to take the hatchback car and rally up and down the mountain roads. Both body and vehicle motion feel great in this game. I love a good cliff dive too. I wish cave exploring was a bigger part of the game. It is such a contrast to the outdoor stuff that it sometimes feels like a different game, and there are usually no threats in the caves so it is just a nice little adventure.

Got my first signature weapon today too. It is a beast.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Another stuff I hate from this game.

"go kill a bear"
    I kill the bear with my knife.
    "Mission failed, you must kill the bear with a shotgun".

The game restrict freedom, so you don't aproximate encounters the most fun way, or the most efficient way, but force you to do so exactly like you are told you to do. This is like training to be a yesmen person. Is horrible. The developers must hate freedom.

I hope mods add the line "Simon say... " to every quest in this game, because it feels like a "Simon say.." game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    Another stuff I hate from this game.

"go kill a bear"
    I kill the bear with my knife.
    "Mission failed, you must kill the bear with a shotgun".

The game restrict freedom, so you don't aproximate encounters the most fun way, or the most efficient way, but force you to do so exactly like you are told you to do. This is like training to be a yesmen person. Is horrible. The developers must hate freedom.

I hope mods add the line "Simon say... " to every quest in this game, because it feels like a "Simon say.." game.
    Yes, that and the stupid prompts 'Go explore the island or go...' all the time are infuriating. Just think how much better this game would be if they just let the player be and do his/her own stuff. It is really a waste for such a good game.

I m looking forward to trying the no-HUD thing when I get back from work.