Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    At least with the hunting ones there's vague variety. With the assassinations it's ALWAYS 'kill him with a knife' or fail, because apparently Rakyat tradition dictates sitting on your arse and waiting for a spoiled rich kid to come stab your foes.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY http://kotaku.com/5966623/far-cry-3-...noying-pop+ups

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    The quicksaves are balls in this. I can't save the perks I choose, or the relics I pick up so I have to do it all over again each time I die during this mission. Joy.

Also, heavies are welcome to go and munch on a big bag of dicks too. Bloody hell.

Haha, you should see them in co-op; they take about 4 or 5 clips of headshots to whittle down their health bar down, and even once it's gone you seem to have to empty another into them.

Have you seen that the back of their head is exposed? That's how I get them, though my brother insists that an arrow to the face will penetrate the mask.

Personally, I love them; I'm glad these old stalwarts are making a return. Heavies and crazy rushing melee guys were absent for ages (replaced by suicide bombers, usually), and now they're in nearly every game again.

Network Hub
    Where is the FOV option? 10 minutes of the default FOV and horrendous screen-shake whenever you run had me dizzy and I NEVER get motion sickness...

In the bloody options menu.

Gwilym, yeah I was just getting over angry with them and progessively got worse and more frustrated. I think it was because I was on a boat and it was quite a small area to try and take one on.

Heavies are easy with molotovs or mines. Also later with takedowns.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

I'm an idiot, I forgot you can buy armour.

Network Hub
    I made this video of me taking out a camp with a silenced sniper :) It was fun! I so love this game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQDBD...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    The quicksaves are balls in this. I can't save the perks I choose, or the relics I pick up so I have to do it all over again each time I die during this mission. Joy.
    F9 saves that stuff. Is it not mentioned in the controls? (I haven't played Far Cry 3, got this from a comment)

F1: Crafting
    F2: Skills
    F3: Loot Bag
    F4: Progress / Stats (ie things collected so far out of total)
    F5: Survival Guide (info on all the people / locations etc)
    F9: Save (but only if not in a mission).
    F11: Load.

Ah yeah, I know it does, but I was in the middle of a mission where if I died I would reload still on the mission, and you can't save your game while on a mission.

mission mission mission

I just stumbled across this on youtube and it made me laugh, it's just full of that kind of crazy you only get in Russia. The SVD demo at the end is pretty astonishing.

Does anyone else have trouble with the big map breaking? Sometimes it's click-and-drag to scroll, and sometimes it's move-the-pointer-to-the-edge-of-the-screen (I'm sure there's a term for this). I'm not sure if they ever both work; I think it's always one or the other. Then it'll get to the point where it just stops working altogether and I have to restart the game -the mouse wheel won't zoom, click-and-drag won't work, and mousing to the edge of the screen shifts the map away and focuses the screen on a huge blank area.

It happens often enough that I'm wondering if it's not a bug, but something I'm actually doing myself - but I can't think what possible function this would be.

Also, thanks to the great modding attempts made so far, I'm now playing without a minimap or enemy sight indicators, which is very fun. The remaining HUD elements are also transparent. These changes bring back some of the FC2 feel, and make the huge improvements far easier to appreciate. And now that the ability to magically locate enemies is a novelty, not a constant presence, I'm actually using the special syringes now. The game feels a lot more open.
    Last edited by Gwilym; 08-12-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Activated Node
    Can't wait for the HUD patch, don't really like messing with the original files!

and also Gwilym, sometimes I get that, not sure of the casue of it.

I wasn't going to, but when I saw all you had to do was drop two files into a folder I figured why not (and I've got them backed up in case the patcher shuns them for being different).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Sometimes the map defaults to a mode where you're left MB is already pressed, even if it's not. You can fix that by just clicking again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thekev506 View Post
    The SVD demo at the end is pretty astonishing.
    Thats... not really an SVD. Probably a Romanian copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Not that he's Russian, either.

The modding scene is really achieving a lot! I wasn't expecting this at all. My current setup:
    -removes minimap altogether; makes other HUD elements fainter
    -removes the thing that shows enemies are looking at you
    -removes the arbitrary restrictions on attachments (the Colt and AK can now be modded, for instance, and the rest have a wider variety of attachments available)
    -removes the obscuring glow from the sights

It's improved the game no end. I'm having such a better time it's almost ridiculous. I also have my eye on one that removes the tagging/wallhax from the camera, which is preferable to just not using it, and one that stops interactive/lootable items from pulsing yellow. The latter one I'm not so sure about, since I do naturally seek out that pulsing colour now, but I felt this way about the enemy-vision indicators and after five minutes or so I was glad they were gone. I'll be trying both shortly.

I've also tested removing the mod, and it doesn't seem to harm my savegame at all. Even the weapons to which I'd attached 'impossible' attachments still had them, and they just disappeared when I re-equipped them from the store. So my fear that the game being patched and disabling the mods would cause it to scream at me for having impossible weapon configurations seems to be unfounded. Very very pleased with what people are doing here!

The link again http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...for-Far-Cry-3?
    Last edited by Gwilym; 10-12-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Re: the bastard heavies: with the takedown, its quite easy to get them dead, for a good bit of XP too. I think they dont detect you as fast, so you can just pop around the corner then jump in their face.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."