Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    For some strange reason I'm enjoying FarCry3 much more than Dishonored. I'm usually a sucker for distinct art styles, crazy lore that's only teased at the fringes, and alternate objective completion. But, something in me is finding FC3 much more engrossing and immersive.

Maybe something in my brain can better enjoy "kill everything, how is up to you" than "do what you want, how is up to you". Trying to be non-lethal in Dishonored feels like I'm restricting myself of some fun and mechanics, but I do it because I want to be the good guy. I'm given plenty of good reasons to kill every last pirate bastard on these islands through the surprisingly well told mediocre story. The sneaky-stabby mechanics are very satisfying, and it feels natural when things go tits up to pull out the machinegun and fight for your life.

The full body awareness is pretty sweet too, I very much loved it in FC2. Though it's sad I don't pull out nearly as much rebarb out of my legs as I used to, damn syringes solving everything.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I didn't think the story was mediocre. It definitely has some depth to it.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    I didn't think the story was mediocre. It definitely has some depth to it.
    Depth ? Like where ?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Like, you know, the message the writers were trying to get across about being a death machine. FC3 like Spec-Ops The Line is critical of the genre it belongs to.
    Last edited by Shane; 14-12-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Fixed the crashing issue, seems it's the DirectX 11 they haphazardly thrown in that makes the game as stable as Windows ME. Regular DX9 flavor runs smoothly without issue.

And you can shut off the music! My opinion of this game has shot up dramatically. Ubisoft may have a winner here.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Like, you know, the message the writers were trying to get across about being a death machine. FC3 like Spec-Ops The Line is critical of the genre it belongs to.
    Its still very plainly told, even if critical. critical != depth.

I didnt think it was a bad story, though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    It's an alright story, at least so far but some of the fluff in it is really annoying and a lot of people say a lot of stuff without actually making any point whatsoever.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    It's an alright story, at least so far but some of the fluff in it is really annoying and a lot of people say a lot of stuff without actually making any point whatsoever.
    Sounds quite realistic then.