Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    FYI GMG keys do not register with Steam. You have to use Capsule.
    they do if the game is steamworks (which fc3 is not).

Obscure Node
    I have the only real problem with this game -- it's narrative and story.
    This drug, insanity and tribal warrior within bullshit feels very sterile and synthetic. Toothless, i would say and superficial.
    Sort of "cool" insanity, unlike Spec ops for example.

And showdown with Vaas was kinda anti-climatic, i was hoping for some interesting revelations, not some mad man rumbling.
    For example, he could have persuaded us, that this Rakyat path of warrior is bullshit too, that inner strength and determination are the things that matter in the end, and not these flashy words and mighty images about warriors and paths and such.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How is the stealth,some explanation would be nice.
    Shit.
    Thanks to the huge open spaces you'll want to use the camera to check out outposts. Ubisoft assumes you're a retard so all living creaturs are automagically tagged. There's a gigantic icon above their heads indicating their class. You can see their outlines through objects from a mile away. If you don't use the camera they'll be tagged anyway if you aim in their direction for more than a couple of seconds (so you might as well always use the camera instead of a scope).

Line of sight is the most important thing. Hide behind a broom, make sure the enemy outline is always obscured by the stick and you're safe.
    You can also throw rocks.

To be fair, tagging enemies and taking out their outpost is fun in small doses just because it's such a power trip. But it can't sustain the whole game because it removes most of the challenge.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Yes they do, registered my GMG skyrim just fine on steam.
    Should have clarified I meant keys for this game.

MP is really crap, a better looking COD.

Haven't gotten very far in the SP so I can't really say but I need that minimap gone, it takes so much space...
    And for some reason I cannot disable completely mouse acceleration. I dropped it down to 0 in the in-game options but it's still there and the XML cannot be edited... Anyone have any ideas? It's making me nauseous after a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Shit.
    Thanks to the huge open spaces you'll want to use the camera to check out outposts. Ubisoft assumes you're a retard so all living creaturs are automagically tagged. There's a gigantic icon above their heads indicating their class. You can see their outlines through objects from a mile away. If you don't use the camera they'll be tagged anyway if you aim in their direction for more than a couple of seconds (so you might as well always use the camera instead of a scope).

Line of sight is the most important thing. Hide behind a broom, make sure the enemy outline is always obscured by the stick and you're safe.
    You can also throw rocks.

To be fair, tagging enemies and taking out their outpost is fun in small doses just because it's such a power trip. But it can't sustain the whole game because it removes most of the challenge.
    It's also difficult to see when you are and aren't visible to the enemy, but all the enemies are very short sighted and won't see you if you sneak around them if you're 3 meters removed from them.

It also seems like a spotted takedown gives you the same amount of XP as a stealth takedown.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node
    35-45 fps in directx9 on a hd6870, ao is broken, tons of frameskipping when under 60 fps for LOADS of users even on high end gpus (I have the stutter too, fraps says 45 fps but it feels like 20)

Other than that it's chores and bars , assassin's creed fps including the tower climbing to unlock a new vista.

The fire is a lot more pathetic than in far cry 2, it refuses to spread the vast majority of the time.
    I threw 5 molotovs in a grassy field full of enemies and all 5 patches of fire died out within 10seconds and didn't spread.

With all the height differences and breaking your neck if you jump off a 5 foot drop I constantly wish I had the grappleshute from just cause2; but no fun allowed, back to your chores peasant, ubisoft made this.

I give it Ew out of 5.

edit: the cure for glaucoma
    <Post>
    <quality GameDepthOfField="0" CinematicDepthOfField="0" FXAALevel="0" CloudShadows="1" MotionBlur="0" id="medium" />
    </Post>

Put this in gamerprofile.xml (found in documents/my games/far cry 3 ) right under <CustomQuality>

You'll have to change id="medium" to whatever your postFX setting was in the options menu, if you have it set to high you'll need to change the word medium to high in the bit of code above.

Set the gamerprofile.xml to read only after you are done editing it, because ubisoft are retards (or think their users are retarded and will break their toy if the training wheels come off) and set it so the file overwrites to default whenever you exit the game, so if you don't set as read only it will delete your changes after each time you play...

Congratulations, you have 20/20 vision afterall and won't be needing glasses.
    Last edited by Finicky; 30-11-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Wow you guys are grumpy. 4.5 out of 5 for me.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Should have clarified I meant keys for this game.

MP is really crap, a better looking COD.

Haven't gotten very far in the SP so I can't really say but I need that minimap gone, it takes so much space...
    And for some reason I cannot disable completely mouse acceleration. I dropped it down to 0 in the in-game options but it's still there and the XML cannot be edited... Anyone have any ideas? It's making me nauseous after a bit.
    Go to control options and turn the "Mouse acceleration" to OFF.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks for the tip. I wonder if I was so blind and didn't see it. Will check when I get home from work. Can't wait to move on with the campaign.

Thanks for the tip. I wonder if I was so blind and didn't see it. Will check when I get home from work. Can't wait to move on with the campaign.
    It's there right above the acceleration slider.

Network Hub
    So anyone having issues with uFail?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    question:

you need to be online to play single player? or is the issue with servers only for MP and some social stuff?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just relaunch UPlay in off line mode (gear icon > start in offline mode > restart UPlay). No more trying to connect to the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    question:

you need to be online to play single player? or is the issue with servers only for MP and some social stuff?
    For some unknown reason lots of the menus seem to be tied into uPlay, so when it's having issues it wont work, there is now an offline mode though so it doesn't stop you playing the game, it's just an added annoyance.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wait, wait.

Uplay?

XP?

Seeing enemies on the hud?

Classes? With floating tags?

So very glad I saved my money. Won't be buying Cryrim: Far Creed 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    tons of frameskipping when under 60 fps for LOADS of users even on high end gpus (I have the stutter too, fraps says 45 fps but it feels like 20)
    Some people claim that closing GPU monitoring software (EVGA Precision etc) removes stuttering.
    I also noticed it but I have a Fermi GPU and if I turn Precision off I'll die in a fire.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Anybody found a way to get rid of the hud yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Anybody found a way to get rid of the hud yet?
    No need to get rid of the HUD completly. A way to disable some functions (the cheat...err minimap, the annoying MESSAGE POP UPS) would be enough for me.

Activated Node
    The games good but its freezing regularly (20-30mins play time), usually with a brief sound loop before silence (10-20secs). Ends with complete system freeze (Numlock and ctrl+alt+dlt, non-responsive) and only a hard boot will sort it.

Anyone else experienced this? If so, any ideas?

Radeon 7850 (latest cats), Intel i7 920 on Win 7.

Ta.
    Last edited by popej; 30-11-2012 at 08:59 PM.

F9 quick saves, F11 quick loads! Not available during missions.
    For some reason disabling FXAA added 10 fps. Ubisoft Kiev strikes again!