Ghost Song coming 8/05/13 to Kickstarter (Metroid/Dark Souls influences) GIF HEAVY

Hey guys. Just a heads up if anyone is interested.

For about a year I've been tinkering with and refining this game on my own as a solo project -- It blends what I feel are the best elements of Super Metroid and Dark Souls. It's an action/adventure (aka "metroidvania") side scroller taking place in an ambient, open-ended world.

The game originated as a flash game, and that's what existing screenshots and video have been taken from. It's relatively low res because of these origins. My goal is to expand the game, port it to unity, and redo all the graphics for high res screens. To do this, I need to bring on a programming partner and spend most our time working on just this. Thus the purpose of the kickstarter (which begins this Monday).

I like to use gifs, heavy as some of them may be, to show my game whenever possible, because I think a little bit of animation explains things a lot better than writing a novel would.

Hope you like it, if you have any questions (like "what does it look so much like metroid?") I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks for looking. :)

The KS is now live!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ourney-of-hope

Check it out, and if you dig it please pass it along. thanks :)

the ghost tree:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    This looks really nice men,i wish you best luck on this project!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I like the concept and the pitch, and hope you get more than those $15k because you're gonna need them :D Good luck!

I've learned some things that aren't supposed to be okay really are okay. For example: Putting a large, stunning, noteworthy portion of the map behind the most unlikely illusionary wall.

thanks guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    I like the concept and the pitch, and hope you get more than those $15k because you're gonna need them :D Good luck!
    A couple people have specualted that $15k is not enough -- I addressed this in the FAQ section in the bottom of the listing. Basically, I've been working on this on my own time for a long time now, I just needed some funding to get my friend roger away from his other work to focus on this with me. The purpose isn't to live full time salaried jobs off the funding, the purpose is just to make this thing possible at all --- while remaining scrappy and self motivated as ever.

This sounds great so far. I really like the video on the KS page. The art and music just really set a certain atmosphere. A bit scary even.
    That you were inspired by Dark Souls as well is awesome, and also that the story is more... subtle, as in no long cut scenes, makes it all the better.

Good luck.
    And have some of my golden pieces of gold. Or money. Whatever we call 'em.

EDIT:
    Congratulations on reaching the goal.
    Last edited by Gallimaufry; 07-08-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallimaufry View Post
    This sounds great so far. I really like the video on the KS page. The art and music just really set a certain atmosphere. A bit scary even.
    That you were inspired by Dark Souls as well is awesome, and also that the story is more... subtle, as in no long cut scenes, makes it all the better.

Good luck.
    And have some of my golden pieces of gold. Or money. Whatever we call 'em.

EDIT:
    Congratulations on reaching the goal.
    nice. :) thank you so much :) I don't think you'll be disappointed. A lot of work is ahead of me.