Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CAVE OF HORRORS - SATURDAY 25th October - 7PM GMT // 8PM BST

Creepy eh?

Last week, after guild missions, we hit up the Obsidian Sanctum. Having spent a lot of my early GW2 career in that jumping puzzle, I got ahead of the pack and... discovered that I could use the traps in the puzzle against my fellow guildies, mwhahaha!

Flaming, spiky, running-from-boulder craziness ensued. And so this gave me an idea for the above event!

The plan:

This is open to both the guild and the wider Gunnar's Hold community. It's essentially a race through the Obsidian Sanctum, with gold prizes being awarded to first, second and third place.

But it's not as simple as that. As my evil alter ego and volunteers will be working against the racers by setting off all of the traps in the puzzle. We may also throw in a few surprises using friends from other servers...

So, starting from 8PM British time, anyone who wants to participate will come on down to the Obsidian Sanctum (so long as their home server is Gunnar's Hold) and run for money.

The prizes:

First Place: 40 gold.
    Second Place: 30 gold.
    Third Place: 20 gold.

But! I need vile volunteers to help me set off the traps throughout the puzzle - with a shift towards the end to determine who reaches there first.

So if you're terrible at jumping and don't fancy your chances in the race, come join me as we unleash traps on our fellow Gunnarians. Each volunteer will receive five gold for helping out and you'll need to be there 15 minutes before kick off.

Rules:

Pretty much everything is permitted. Runners will all have to start from the beginning waypoint right at the start of the puzzle but using things like the invisibility fountains and safety portals is fine. After all, as we're all on the same server if you put a portal down to compensate for a fall, then others in the race can potentially use it too.

No level requirements or anything. You'll just need to be able to get into the same Obsidian Sanctum as us (have Gunnar's as your home server).

TeamSpeak:

Gunnar's Hold. The details are here but we'll give them out on the night if you don't have them.

Any questions? Stick 'em below.

Let me know if you're volunteering to help out my dastardly plans too! This should also keep us tiding over while we prepare the Battle of the Five Armies.
    Last edited by Krathor; 13-10-2014 at 10:09 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Evil yet brilliant.
    I approve.

cant help due to being away at half term, but will be there in spirit laughing from the sidelines.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Network Hub
    So, for those of us who aren't old and/or British, what are you referencing here?
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Nothing in particular Vlup. I was just going for a Halloween-y aesthetic due to the time of year.

I mean this. Definitely that.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I can be evil
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I am TERRIBLE at JP but being evil is second nature to me!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I'll volunteer, I don't really do evil more sort of irritating.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I'll be nice and compete for the prize instead - besides it looks like we have loads of volunteers for evil already :P

Activated Node
    I'll volunteer. I just want to stand before a difficult jump giving people swiftness.

Quote Originally Posted by Taler View Post
    I'll volunteer. I just want to stand before a difficult jump giving people swiftness.
    Hehe, this is the reason why I self-apply Swiftness before doing jumps.

Here are some tips for being fast, for the jumpy people.
    Forum janitor in training.

I know need to work out what will be either the best darkest outfit for being evil in or just plain nuts looking (like Duke irl)...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Just to bump this a bit, we have the following volunteers to be evvvillll and set off traps:

- Monks.
    - Tweet.
    - Hawks.
    - Al.

That's looking good. Could likely do with one more though. Speak now!

Everyone else gonna participate in the run?
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    During last week's Group Hug, I had a lot of fun scaring Tweetiti off the jumping puzzle. If you need people, I can trigger traps at random intervals.

Or I can try and actually jump, though I don't perform well under pressure.

I'll try to be there and win the first prize.
    Usually running one of my "Moonspell" norns.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlupius3 View Post
    During last week's Group Hug, I had a lot of fun scaring Tweetiti off the jumping puzzle. If you need people, I can trigger traps at random intervals.

Or I can try and actually jump, though I don't perform well under pressure.
    such a disgrace I vote you jump!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

So can we still affect others with fear etc that are in our server or will we have to rely on the traps themselves? Others of course I should be able to FEAR OFF THE EDGE OF THE WORLD, MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Also, a little delayed:

So, for those of us who aren't old and/or British, what are you referencing here?
    'Cave of Horrors' is in reference to your mother's stinkhole.

Also Monks, no you can't fear people of the same server.

But there are some things you can do. I'll explain on the night...
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    You're just like your mother Duke - a lot of shouting and screaming, and at the end you always want me to come again.

You're just like your mother Duke - a lot of shouting and screaming, and at the end you always want me to come again.
    MY innocent eyes!

Vlup is definitely a runner.
    Guild Wars 2: