Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found

What keeps you going / What are you aiming for...

Scarlett and I were gassing last night (and on mumble) about what his new project needed to be...

I seem determined to break the rng barrier with some overall jammy dodger "luck" but am headed for the final piece of my heavy zerker armour for Bjornsson (legs btw). He now has ascended axes, gs and bow(finished earlier). Suppose I should make him an axe too.
    There is scope for exotic undead weapon sets and/or night sets too... Maybe they will drop for me
    Oh and slowly purchasing pvt trinkets.

Bane has much of what he needs with 4 sets of armour. Two zerk (one with comedy pirate runes), one condi and one pvt (though that is largely obsolete given condi)

Gaard has what he needs.

Slowly buying pvt ascended items for all as I can't be bothered to swap all the time if needed.

That said - what are people aiming for or what keeps em coming back (with RPS) for more...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Activated Node
    Completed my ascended hvy armour set for Ulstermen now need to get money up for sigils also completed my ascended warhorn this week.
    Next up off the top of my head Leveling my Char Warrior and wep smith and leather worker on him to work on ascended med armour for Fersum and hvy weapons.
    Farming story
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

Network Hub
    Now that I have Miniature Series 1, 2, and 3, and my Commander hat, I aim to level my Leatherworker and Huntsman crafting. I feel like I need some ascended stuff at some point.

First, though, I'm very slowly buying gems so I can buy a lute. Which should be an awesome idea since I can't play any instrument whatsoever and am terrible at everything musical.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    currently working, slowly, towards Juggernaut.

I also worked out some time ago that it would require 100 ascended leather bits to kit out my chars in 2 sets of ascended armour. Currently aiming for weapons though mainly; still need: Scepter, Pistol 1, Staff, Axe, Focus, Shield, Pistol 2, Spear, Harpoon, Trident in more of less that order.

I have all the Wurm & Tequatl APs now and the recent patch means I have a hope of getting the Shatterer one completed, was talking to Maurish about this last night.

But really it's the story & the people (not so much the NPC's), I'm looking forward to exploring some of the new zone as a guild and getting all those explorable APs.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Got all the ascended gear I need (19 weapons and 3 sets of armour), though I'll fill a few gaps as I need to spend loot on something and can't be bothered with another legendary as some of us don't get precursor drops (monkey) or luck with forge (squirrel). The only real cosmetic thing I want is a couple more fractal skins.

2 main goals, firstly fun: enjoying living story and guild group events.
    Second improving play, so learning to play Ele and engi better and practicing Arah and high end fracs on my warrior.
    Too much play, particularly before the new LS kicked off, doesn't fit into either of these though, so I need to take a break or change what I'm doing. 3 weeks away from GW in the summer should help though.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I'm working on finishing my ascended armor for Tweetiti (1 piece left) to get maximum AR just because then I might start on other characters but that's not a priority. I am also leveling my thief to grandmaster armorsmith (I have all other craters leveled to max). I am slowly accumulating enough gold to buy The Hunter by crafting deldrimor steel (and when done with Tweet, elonian leather) to sell on the TP. I might start doing all the dungeon stories missing on my necro so that I can unlock the corresponding chests in pvp as well. Apart from that I try to keep up with LS achievements and I always look forward to hearing all the bad jokes and puns from our guildies.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Great idea for a thread!

My not-so-lofty goals:
    • Short-ish term, I am collecting CM armour skins, then I will move on to the AC or CoE sets after.
    • Longer term I am aiming to get a level 80 for each profession and tool them up in exotics, plus at least 400 in each crafting discipline. For cooking in particular I'd quite like to go beyond and learn every food recipe there is in the game.

I've never bothered much with ascended stuff since I don't bother with WvW or Fractals much. Zerker exotics are good enough for me. For similar reasons I doubt I'll ever start the legendary track.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I pretty much only log on for story stuff these days - very little motivation to grind achievements or ascended armour or whatever.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    I pretty much only log on for story stuff these days - very little motivation to grind achievements or ascended armour or whatever.
    Same here. And daily Damask. So I have more gold to spend on... nothing. I can't decide whether to go for more ascended gear or a legendary so I pretty much don't do anything with it.

Was thinking that perhaps they're going to add more legendaries but I'm starting to doubt that's going to happen.

I enjoy the odd dungeon run or quick roam in WvW, but as Squiz said, it's the same damned thing in WvW as ever...

In the end though, it's our awesome guild that gets me to log back in!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    In the end though, it's our awesome guild that gets me to log back in!
    Can I get an invite?

Obscure Node
    I'm slowly working my way to getting Incinerator. I'm saving up for the precursor now, then all I have left will be T6 mats, lodestones, runestones and some minor stuff.
    Elementalist master class!

I'd be happy to finish map completion and all the dungeons. Then I'd start levelling all other professions to 80, just to see if any of them is better suited to me than thief. Legendaries, fractals and all that stuff are just unattainable rumours in my book.

As Noaru, what keeps me from uninstalling the game at all is the rare occasion when I can join into guild stuff, really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I've still not map completion or Dungeon Master either... but the wardrobe and alting is more important to me >.>

I guess I have a number of things I'm working towards but they are all slow going:

1) Getting all staff skins in game. Not doing well on this lol.
    2) Ascended Armour, nearly made my first piece but I'm not buying the mats I'm just gathering them.
    3) Ascended weapons which means getting Artificer to 500, currently 430.
    4) Bifrost...guess that's covered by (1), getting T6 mats and the 1200g for the pre is the hard part, only have 260g at the moment lol...long term project.

Obviously the LS and because I still enjoy the game.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Obscure Node
    A few things atm.

1) Making my characters look as well designed in looks/style that would fit the background i'm making for them. Which is hard becouse for my necro/mesmer I can't find a rather superior looking helmet. Kinda same with my engie but it pains me more that decently looking engie hats are in light category.... Just arrrgh!
    2) Mooooooonnnnney... For gems so that I can improve my style departament. Why Anet don't sell some gear piecies separatly...
    3) Get commie tags on all my chars. Becouse why not?
    4) Hoping that one day Anet decides to kick the "full zerker or kick" meta right into balls.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Some good responses here - seem to be three common threads. Thought I'd pull them together so we can try to work together a little more in what we want out of the game

First legendaries, ascended gear and skins - all the stuff that needs money/grind or excessive RNG luck to attain.
    Secondly completion, levelling, achievements or personal goals.
    Finally fun, atmosphere, story and guild events. Particularly from those old hands who have had enough of the first 2.

As a guild we can work together on the first one. (I was going to say that grinding together was more enjoyable than grinding alone, but fear that might be taken out of context, particularly if Monkey reads it). Either organised farm events like the pavilion, or dungeon runs. We'll regularly do one or 2 paths, but very rarely string together 5 or 6 paths to bring in larger amounts of gold. Short of playing the TP or buying gems there aren't many better ways of making gold fast.

The second is having a boost with the new LS, particularly helping out on achievements the last 2 weeks, but these are much more bespoke so its hard to generalise.

The final set is what the guild is great at, and the new LS helps also. We are doing ok in the absence of new guild events (its been 15 months, ANet - give us some more challenges, rushes and puzzles!) at keeping the sunday and wednesday meetups interesting.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet