Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb MARCHING ORDERS! - SATURDAY 28th March - 18:00 GMT

Howdy!

Firstly, on behalf of my fellow officers and our glorious guild leader, thank you very much to all those folks who came to Orrient Express Saturday - along with our Silverwastes runs and ad hoc events that have been taking place over the past few weeks.

Secondly, you'll remember after the end of the huge Battle of the Five Armies, we threw around the idea of having an event centered around each of the three orders of Tyria: Priory, Vigil and Whispers. Since then, steps have been taken behind the scenes by some keen folks to put a plan in place. As plans begin to solidify, I thought it appropriate to share them with the rest of the guild and, soon, the world.

So here it is: You pick an order, you travel to their relevant base, once there, you contact the person responsible for taxis and get into the right map instance. The three armies set out at the same time, completing tasks around Tyria to prove their worth.

What tasks? Well, killing dragons, completing specific events, jumping puzzles, solving riddles and speaking to the right people. Specifics and timings will be shared in this thread (particularly this post) but understand that some elements will be kept secret to those volunteering to play certain roles in the event, as you'll see.

The end of the evening will culminate in us all descending on the Silverwastes, likely to kill the Vinewrath in combined zergs over multiple overflow maps. Quite the riot.

Vlupius has kindly drawn up a proposal for the routes each order take:

Looks busy, but by restricting the number of objectives each order completes in each zone will ensure that momentum is maintained (and it doesn't take all night).

So, what do we need?

Primarily, a time and date. 18:00 GMT seemed to work well last time for Battle... and so I am proposing we keep it this time. The date is trickier; I want to say Saturday 28th March, as that gives us time to promote it at Foostival. That's a long way away... but how does it work for everyone?

What else?

Monkey has already taken strides to rally the officers to command the zergs, but we still need to lock in positions for each of the orders. Keeping with the theme of three, I suggest each order has a leader, deputy and assistant. You can volunteer for any position, just remember that you need a character that's attuned to the relevant order through their personal story.

Leaders and deputies will be providing the steer on their armies, whereas assistants are the lucky folk who get to be bombarded with whispers for taxis as the time ticks towards the event's start.

The following will be completed as people volunteer in the thread:

Priory

Leader: Hawksbane
    Deputy: Vlupius (Vlupius Primus)
    Assistant: Saphnabylni

Vigil

Leader: Tweetiti
    Deputy: Yargh
    Assistant: weevil (Biscuit Weevil)

Whispers

Leader: Monkey (Monksbane)
    Deputy: Salix (Exigua)
    Assistant: Ravbek (Cybek)
    Back Up: Jondare (Malefice Jondaren)

We also need general volunteers for special tasks outside of the zergs. People to give directions and issue riddles, amongst other secret things.

Volunteers

RebelMaren for all orders with his army of alts.

Streamers & Recorders

Potentially weevil (although also an assistant for Whispers).
    Raujinn for the Vigil.
    Spirit for Priory and/or all zergs.

Any thoughts!?

Post them below. Let me know general thoughts, if you'd like to get involved in organisation and so on.
    Last edited by Krathor; 26-03-2015 at 08:23 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Updates!

08/03/2015: Locked in the date and time: Saturday 28th March, 18:00 GMT.
    09/03/2015: We have a banner and infographic.
    11/03/2015: Thread is up on the official forum.
    23/03/2015: Announcement topic on Reddit.
    24/03/2015: Promotion on the official GW2 Twitter and Tumblr.
    26/03/2015: Reminder posts are up on Tumblr and Reddit. Reblog or upvote as you like!
    28/03/2015: Reminder thread is up on the Gunnar's Hold forum. Same goes for Reddit and Tumblr.
    Last edited by Krathor; 28-03-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I was gonna drive whispers, not just lead em off drops quietly that is
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Then Whispers for you, Mr Monster. Which character will you bring?

EDIT: Monksbane - got it!
    Last edited by Krathor; 02-03-2015 at 11:40 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Obscure Node
    I can bring biscuit as the vigil assistant (the attraction of the craziest route). Can do any order if you need spares though.

Obscure Node
    I'll be a volunteer or an assistant if needed, or I could rally the Relics [RO]boats on NA servers, if you're interested in taking that direction. Either way let me know what I can do to help!

Cybek is part of the Order of Whispers and he's happy to help out Monkey.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Obscure Node
    I've got characters of all Orders, so i'll go wherever you need me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I can lead Vigil with Yargh as a deputy but we will need another vict.. volunteer
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    and that leaves Priory, so Hawks will be leading a zerg, quite looking forward to that route too.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Exi is whispers and could possibly do something somewhere. Someone with a mic might be a better choice as deputy though.

Updated the OP folks, cheers for volunteering so far.

I'll need the specific character names, especially if you're an assistant, as folks will need to whisper you for taxis.

Spirit: Hmmmmmm, I shall have a think. As this event has a lot more complexity to it already, I'd like to treat this as a pilot first.
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    Vlupius Primus is an excellent scholar and would be more than happy to act as Priory deputy.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Network Hub
    random thought for your consideration. you could have 3 people stream it one for each order/route , does'nt need to be the route leaders just people with stable reasonable fast connections.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Would gladly have Ex as a deputy - his typing skills while doing moving/fighting are 2nd to none. Only saph and he can keep up a 3 way convo while doing lupi. That I can talk enough for both of us is fine Plus two necros leading!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Obscure Node
    Looks like Malefice Jondaren will help at whispers then. Gonna be good to play that character some more

OK, that works. I also know from experience that Salix is exceptional at typing, so you have a deputy Monkey.

Jondare, I have added you as the assistant for Whispers in that case.

Those slots have filled up quickly, excellent!
    Guild Wars 2:

Obscure Node
    Character name for Vigil will be Biscuit Weevil. I have shadowplay so can record if you want recording.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Character name for Vigil will be Biscuit Weevil. I have shadowplay so can record if you want recording.
    Thanks everyone knows how bad I am at typing so I hope you and Yargh can help
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Quote Originally Posted by fersumengin View Post
    random thought for your consideration. you could have 3 people stream it one for each order/route , does'nt need to be the route leaders just people with stable reasonable fast connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Aye, we've had lots of folks both stream and record events in the past. Personally, I appreciate any of either: Streaming helps raise the profile and recordings serve as nice memories, especially if they include TeamSpeak chatter. I still absolutely adore this magical shot that Spirit captured last time at Battle... and I would actually appreciate more smaller vignettes like that in future (opposed to 20-minute constant streams), if our video capturers are so inclined.
    Guild Wars 2: