Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    For some reason I thought it was 70 AR for lv 40, not 55. Should be good to go with 55 I think!
    Don't let Tweeti's 82 AR mislead you... we only need 55 for now
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    70 here. And in 2 weeks can move that between characters.
    Is this 8.30 time likely to be the standard from now? If so will prob only be able to make it once a month or so.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I'll be out of this for a while until I've found a cheap way to increase my AR. I've got the money, I just don't want to blow it on Ascended items. Might manage to up my current status of 35 to 45-50 (plus amount x coming from lucky drops) in the coming weeks but will stay in the 3x range for now.

You only need to be capped at 55 for level 40. From 41 onwards you can be at 45-50 and get away with it (unless the instability is severe).

@Ohara, 8:30 is a guideline, basically it is late enough so it's after people come back from work, have dinner etc. I can't see us start a hard fractal run later than 9 because they tend to take 2-3 hours to complete. There's also the fact that some fractal runners are on the ol' continent so 1 hour ahead at least.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Not a complaint, Aliss, was just after some clarity so I can fit stuff on around RL, and not wanting to express enthusiasm and then let folk down.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thx for the fractal invite when Saf had to depart to deal with a kitchen disaster (we need details!)
    L40. Ouch. Wasn't quite on top of my game, and much armour was broken, but all in all a decent run.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Vat of soup, all over the (hot) hob and the floor...not pretty. All fine now though.

Sorry again for having to bail -- glad Ohara was there to take the spot and that you got through it! What were fractals 3 and 4?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Thaumanova and Jade Sea.

At level 40 you have to do all chambers in the reactor (you need 4/4 to progress) and we had a bit of fun with the lasers and the ooze. Last boss we nuked down in (mostly) melee very quickly after might stacking at the start.

It was a tense run with a lot of dieing. I'm happy to have finally gotten through though, good job to all!

PS No worries Saph, accidents happen Thanks to Ohara for jumping in and saving our run!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Yeah I noticed the healing it got was pretty tiny when it was just the two of us trying to survive and res you other floor inspectors. That's why there was no point in resetting. So this is another fight where you can safely ignore the mechanics (apart from the shield form to which it should not have time to get) and just dps it down. Sigh.

#fractalfriday round 8ish or so?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    These 40+ levels seem to be beyond my very limited skill. "Don't die" and "dodge" can only be so useful when you're a 12k hp guardian and every other hit is 9k+. I like Ohara's idea of honing skills at lower levels; at the moment a Fractal run seems as likely to be painful as enjoyable.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Might not be too bad afterall, we should probably stick to level up to 39 anyway, at least that's what the droprate data suggest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...rch_750_daily/

Link to the google document with the actual droprates. Warning: Looking at these data might destroy all motivation for running fractals you might have left in you. Note the suspiciously low ascended weapon drop % for level 50 fractals (~0.8%) which might actually be a typo, given the droprate for ascended armor at the level is ~8 %.