Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    I'll be around, if i'm on early enough got do a low lvl run and 30+ after 9.
    the opportunity for 2 chests is not to be sniffed at.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Anthrax Lake | Fuschia Panthera

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    My ele will be in attendance with trepidation tonight.
    Yay

Looking forward to scraping you off the floor the explosions!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Boom! ...*falls over*
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

We got through level 37 last night -- with more than a few wipes, but it was good fun. Elementalist wasn't a complete disaster; squishy as marshmallow, but added some decent utility. Seems like it has potential with some more practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Cynic alert: What ever happened to dungeons? What ever happened to town activities? What ever happened to Fractal weapon boxes? What ever happened to *lol* esports (ok, this one isn't meant too seriously, but still)?
    After my recent post (in part made in jest) about ideas that originally had been announced and then ditched/left in the limbus, this post on reddit came to my attention. Now, the overall tone of the video linked in that post might or might not be a bit overly dramatic, but it made me think about the time investment/reward aspect of Fractals.

Personally, I am at least in part in it for the chance for Fractal weapon skins but it seems that these have become even more uncommon than they've been before the Fractured patch. Another aspect would be playing one of the few bits of challenging content present in the game but as of lately I feel that the difficulty is mostly due to the gear/AR requirements.

Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Squiz; 10-03-2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added some details

This comment is painfully true:

Don't worry, they'll adjust rewards next November as anything that does not relate to the living world is completely hands off.
    Remember when there was a dungeon team?

Tbh they should allow you to salvage the rings and use the materials together with X of mists essence, relics and some other stuff in the mystic forge to make fractal skins. You know, so you could actually get the skins you wanted?

And yeah, the drops seem to be even rarer... I really want the staff for example, but what are the chances of getting? Very very slim.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I guess we play fracs for the challenge, not the phat lewt
    I think it is challenging (at least I personally find it so) due to the encounters and mechanics (esp mistlocks) but I guess the AR hasnt affected me particularly as I dont think I've run below recommended AR for a while.
    I dislike RNG as a lazy design mechanic that encourages repetitive play, and where this is excessive (frac weapons, precursors) or inbalanced (champ trains vs everything else; dungeons vs fracs; drops shifting mid LS like in escape from LA) represents fundamentally poor design, but this only really affects me when my goal is the loot, which it isnt in fracs.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Without wanting to sabotage the ongoing Dungeon Week event (tonight: Caudecus' Manor run!) I'd like to express (with the utmost respect for said event) my interest in some evening fractalling. Preferably level 20+ (30+ also welcome). If there is sufficient interest to fill both CM and fractal groups, I would be available to start as soon as 7pm UK time (later is also fine).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    As after today there is no more Living story for a bit, people should be freed up a bit more to do dungeons and fracs, or even WvW... I'm probably not on early enough for a frac run tonight, always get a bit nervous starting after 9 on a work night for a high level run, but hopefully you will get a group going. If you start at 7 might not clash with CM anyhow!
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I'd love to, but there's a cat in hells chance of me being home at a sensible hour this evening.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Anthrax Lake | Fuschia Panthera

Well after sleeping for 12 hours last night I think I can handle some fractal runs
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

I feel like I might be hallucinating, but there's a Fractals section in today's patch notes. More ascended weapons and armor, ascended armor boxes.

Yeah, lets run fractals quickly before they realize they've overtuned the rewards and nerf them again

2x/3x tonight for sure.

Here are said notes:

Fractals of the Mists

• Changes have been made to the daily reward chests for fractals of the Mists to improve ascended armor and weapon rewards.
      • Ascended armor and weapons now drop more often from all levels of fractals, particularly as the fractal level increases.
      • Ascended armor pieces will drop more often than ascended weapons.
      • Ascended armor pieces will now drop in the form of boxes that contain a selection of stat combinations for a single gear slot.
        • Example: Defender’s Chest of Ascended Boots contains a choice of one pair of boots from the following sets: Angchu, Beigarth’s, Leftpaw’s, Wei Qi’s, Zintl, or Wupwup.

Edit: And I am totally up mulitple Fractal runs.
    Last edited by Squiz; 18-03-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I'd be up for some fracs if there's still room.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    I'd be up for some fracs if there's still room.
    Noted! /tenchars

We had a good run (level 16) yesterday night, although we somehow managed to draft Underground Facility. No super cool special drops (several rares and two exotics for me though), those will probably require a more regular Fractal schedule on higher levels. Let's make it happen!

So, anyone up for #FractalThursday? Level 30+ preferred.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Good run. Might be able to make another one fri. Finally got my thief more ascended gear (full jewellery and now a sword) but need more relics still. St least 200 of them...