Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Happy to come along if I'm about. My warrior is fractal level 16 or so with plenty of AR, ele 9 and necro about 3.

Ohara Scarlett
    Ohhh level 16! That sounds lovely, I really would like to make progress with my fractal levels. I don't always have the time to run more than one set a day and don't want to miss out on the daily reward chest either.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I think I'm around level 12 at the moment, do you have to level characters separately though?
    that means I need to start running them on my necro.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, Hawksbane, progression is unfortunately character rather than account based. I started on my Elementalist, and on realising the hard way that she was never going to survive in the higher levels, decided to start at 1 again on a less fragile character. Levelling is a lot easier now that you can run at up to the highest fractal level achieved by anyone in your party (and gain a level yourself as long as that is not below your personal level), though you dont start getting the daily reward chests until your personal level reaches 10

Ohara Scarlett

hmm, maybe i'll wait till I've leveled my guardian then. She'll have more survivability at higher levels.

Question: what are the daily reward chests, because I get a little chest (in the bottom right of my screen) when I complete a fractal.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Those chests are from level 2 onwards and give a nice chunk of stuff including 20+ fractal relics and pristine fractal relics.

You get them the first time you complete the solid ocean fractal each day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Normally it's when you complete a fractal once a day but on even level only (you have 4 fractals instead of 3 called Frozen Ocean)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    Normally it's when you complete a fractal once a day but on even level only (you have 4 fractals instead of 3 called Frozen Ocean)
    *GW nerd takes over* Aha! But it is the Solid Ocean Fractal, because the ocean is not frozen but solid jade.

I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    *GW nerd takes over* Aha! But it is the Solid Ocean Fractal, because the ocean is not frozen but solid jade.

I am sorry.
    Technically it is still frozen, you'll just have to heat it up to something like 1100 degrees C to melt it...

Obscure Node
    Is it advisable to wait until you're character lvl 80 before trying the Fractals dungeons? I popped my head in out of curiosity (at about lvl 30) the other day and got utterly destroyed.

It really depends on your team, having prior knowledge of the fractals is often the difference between plain sailing and smashing your face into a wall, some things take practice. Being 80 helps, but isn't essential on the low levels.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Bump for an old thread (might help to keep Fractals planning separate from general dungeon stuff).

There was a suggestion of a Fractals run today sometime (probably 10+). Anybody around for that? Not sure if people were planning to do Arah, but there may be time for both.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 15-06-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Sure, if I'm on, just hit level 10 on the fractals.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Can join tonight, should be on from 8pm or so.
    Might clash with any guild mission tho, if there is one on.
    Happy to do any level 1-29, though after the abortive L20 run a week or 2 ago maybe 10-18 best for now
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Level 4 I think and game on for more fractal shenanigans!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    L20 Fractals today was a bit of a disaster - wiped on Grawl repeatedly. The jump from 18 to 20 is really quite steep, and I think we suffered from lack of a Guardian. I think I'll lay off higher than 18 for a while, as I'm mainly in it for fun and rings for alts. Happy to run low (1-19) level fracs whenever I'm on if folk want though, and I think a guild fractal night might go down well to help bump a few folk up fractal levels.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yes, I think my response to a suggestion of level 20 fractals will for the time being be "let's not, eh?"

Also even more urgently want to get my guardian up to fractals lv 10 and gain AR etc.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I haven't tried level 20 on Hawksbane yet; but want to get my guardian up to level 10 quickly so I have the option of a heavy if the group doesn't have one.
    By the sounds of things lvl 20 is where you need to start thinking more about the makeup of the group in terms of classes and the roles they play. Still it's all a learning experience.

We could do low level fractals after the guild missions on Wednesday's

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I may continue to play a little more, if so I can drag my guardian along.
    Think she's at about frac level 14 or so atm.

Could definitely do with some more resist though, only got about 15 so far.

My thoughts on level 20+ fractals:

- We need to consider builds both on a group and individual level. My DPS-centered Warrior build may be great for stuff like the Ascalonian Fractal, but it just fails at situations like the shaman boss fight and his elementals. Or maybe I need to bring MORE dps? I would hate to exclude anyone / be excluded from a fractal group just because I am playing the "wrong" class or have suboptimal gear stat combinations. However, exotics are a must, Magic Find gear should definitely be avoided, as it is just wastes a "stat slot" that otherwise could be filled with important stats.

- Self-sustain seems to be an important thing to keep in mind. Block/Aegis, regeneration, condition cleanses (!) seem to be vital to survival. Let's consider blindness and reflect as well as damage mitigation. Also, we need to make better use of combo fields (for example, water fields + blast finisher, smoke field + blast, light + whirl). Some classes have it easier here than others. Maybe we could also look into runes or food.

- Some fractals are getting brutal at higher ranks. The Volcano Fractal is a good example and shows that apparently you need very specific strategies for boss fights (the rest went pretty well yesterday).

- Smart usage of food + other consumables. Could be that there is still some room for improvement here, the Potions of Elemental Slaying make a very good case.

- Since we already communicate pretty decently over Mumble, there is not too much that could be improved here. Maybe everyone could try to remember to immediately call things like "downed", "burning", "got boss aggro" and such. Depending on the specific situations, with time we will better understand which conditions are critical to clear and how bosses work. Remember Bloomhunger and how he AOEed us with poison until we found out his attack pattern? There should be similar tricks for the volcano shaman and other bosses.

Summing up, there is room for improvement, but let's keep it fun. Some of the players in our guild are already pretty experienced with the fractals but many effective strategies came in by trying out new things, something to keep in mind.
    Last edited by Squiz; 17-06-2013 at 11:04 AM.