Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    I need to check the official forums, this is going to be good.

The more I think about the Instabilities, the less threatening they look to me. Sure, not being able to damage enemies while on the ground sounds tough but it also encourages content skipping which isn't bad (as long as you don't get it in the Underground Facility). :P Also, it's still not clear what counts a "on the ground", maybe standing on debris or crates allows you to deal damage. Other than that, just reset the run and give it another go.

Changes to UF are horrible of course and the reactor Fractal is a letdown. Not that this wasn't to be expected. Oh well, at least we get a bit extra variety. Hopefully, they'll get rid of the most prominent bugs asap (like the Molten Alliance Fractal not progressing). Classic ANet.

Edit: Whoops, wrong spot to post this, moved a paragraph to General nonsense.

Editedit: Oh, this is also nice. The level 37 Instability is that unattended foes gain random boons. So when you get unlucky and the Mai Trin boss encounter shows up, she'll regenerate health while her shield is up, causing her to go back over the barrage trigger threshold effectively making the boss encounter impossible to win.

Editł:

• Town clothes and toys have been disabled in WvW.
    Last edited by Squiz; 27-11-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Did anyone get Dredge last night?

My suspicion, having run Cliffside, is they might have toned down the mob damage. The chanters on Cliffside at lv 20 were more or less harmless, which is a stark contrast to their previous behaviour. If the dredge at the switch room have also been nerfed, then maybe it won't be so bad. After all, it was mandatory to die on the switches only because the mobs were so terrible.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Could be, but the general rage on the forums makes it difficult to tell if people are genuinely upset about the Dredge Fractal or just trolling because everyone is complaining.

However I noticed that the Chanters at the final boss encounter still stacked Vulnerability, so the mobs might not have been nerfed altogether.
    Last edited by Squiz; 27-11-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    They stacked vuln at the arms as well, I noticed I had 12 or so on me a few times and saf said about having 24.

But their damage was reduced a lot so the vuln didn't mean as much as it did previously.

Network Hub
    Some of the mistlock instabilities look 'fun', some of them even aimed directly at berzerker gear fans. As for the dredge fractal, I suspect sabotage.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Reactor story mode was suitably unpleasant, but mainly due to my evil namesake winding me up
    L12 run after gave us Swamp (no change noticeable), Uncategorised (same) and reactor (seemed pretty similar to the story run with less rubbish dialogue). Boss was molten charr/dredge pair.

Key thought is that we (or at least I) need to get much better at mechanics, especially bosses like the reactor and molten ones. I struggled last night - always hard to learn new stuff when tired, so will try to restrict myself to low level runs unless I can start early or it is Fri/Sat until I learn mechanics better.

On the plus side I now have 45 AR
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    unless more of the floor disappears at higher levels I don't think that there is much to worry about with the reactor fractal, although according to the release notes you unlock more stuff at higher levels so this could get more interesting/less pleasant to run.
    With the molten bosses ressing the npc's once you kill the first one is going to be essential at high levels.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    They stacked vuln at the arms as well, I noticed I had 12 or so on me a few times and saf said about having 24.

But their damage was reduced a lot so the vuln didn't mean as much as it did previously.
    But Cliffside damage was not that bad. I mean you had a lot of valid tactics that allowed you to avoid the vuln, clean it, mitigate it (reflects for attacks, LoS) etc. Yes, it got hard at high levels, but that's the idea.

Dredge on the other hand requires you to stay alive on a button, without moving, without dodging. This game does not have crazy invulnerability skills that allow you to outlast that sort of damage - you'd need the holy trinity back for that (tank on the button keeping aggro with healer pumping his hp back up). I really hope they toned down the damage, because if they didn't, then the first room will be almost unpassable at high levels.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Molten pair have a routine that once we'd nailed was so much easier. Condensed.
    Take 25% health off charr zerker then take the 50 stacks (hit him 50 times as quickly as possible) from the dredge,
    Take 25% health off charr zerker then take the 50 stacks (hit him 50 times as quickly as possible) from the dredge,
    Kill zerker, all downed pc's get ressed, all get to centre of platform
    Kill dredge

You can jump the pressure waves (from zerker) and there is a new cheevo for never being hit by a single wave...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

that's great, except the downed NPC's didn't get ressed and they put a very handy bubble up.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    that's great, except the downed NPC's didn't get ressed and they put a very handy bubble up.
    indeed, guess warrior elite banner would get em up though... Might be something to think about in the little transition phase while dredge throws the zerker off the platform. There are 2 or 3 of them [npc's] iirc.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

it might but would be a waste of a banner, there is time to ress them in the transition.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Or you could bring a mesmer and forget Braham's shield bubble.

Additional recipes for ascended back-item pieces have been added to the Mystic Forge for players who don’t play the fractals.
    All of the ascended back-item pieces that required 1 vial of Condensed Mists Essence can now be forged with Bloodstone Dust instead.
    That might be true however you still need an entire stack of t6 mats... Are we presuming a stack of bloodstone is same as that vial?

What exactly do you mean with "vial"? The Bloodstone Dust will replace the Mist Essence and the rest of the recipe will stay the same, so for example 50 Ectos, 250 Vicious Claws and 40 Crystals in addition to the BSD for "There with Yakkington".

he's talking about '1 vial of Condensed Mists Essence ', and speculating on the amount of bloodstone dust that is needed to replace it. It wouldn't surprise if it ended up being bricks

Ah, sorry, didn't get the obvious reference. If it really is bricks I would be very disappointed given that this would require an even bigger grind than the Mist Essence itself. Hopefully it will only be 250 raw, inventory clogging BSD.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    One thing we noticed last night is that npc don't get down with agony anymore which madethe ascalon fractal final boss a breeze
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Yeah, Agony is now restricted to players, you could even bring a Ranger pet! At the same time this probably means that the Mimic trick with the Mossman's axe attack won't work anymore. Not that we've used it a whole lot but I could see it being very helpful with a couple of encounters on higher levels.

Alas the confined area of the dredge n charr bosses and their normal dmg output quickly wipes em anyway...