Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ill stock up on potions. I'm going to need bigger bags, good thing fractal loot is rubbish.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    yes, I'm already planning to spend the gems from my 10k achievement chest on an extra bag slot. I also need an extra bank slot though.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    yes, I'm already planning to spend the gems from my 10k achievement chest on an extra bag slot. I also need an extra bank slot though.
    isn't that why you role crap alts - to use as storage?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

so I hear, I've never got around to rolling a crap alt though.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Yeah, got one of those for all the Account bound rubbish. Then there's a bank guild for any other non-bound stuff, but that's filling up as well, considering making another guild now (think it's cheaper than unlocking another guild bank tab).
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

It is, noaru. At least until you get close to reaching your personal guild limit (which is five). I've got several alt characters, most of which have been created back in the day when developing alts was a bit more feasible. Every now and then I am glad that I have (at least) one character of each profession at my disposal but I can't deny that some of them more or less act as extended bank space or - in rare occasions like the BGB'14 (Big Grape Bubble of 2014) - for farming stuff or acquiring several versions of soulbound skins (like Mad Memories) for later transmutation.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to feel the itch of buying a new character slot again. Could use a slot for disposable key farming toons...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    I guess I need to use my ranger for something...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Speaking of which, I'm starting to feel the itch of buying a new character slot again. Could use a slot for disposable key farming toons...
    That swhat I use my spare one (#12) for atm. Always up for a key run, shout if I'm on and you want to team up. Not sure its necessarilly faster with 2 - the upscaling killed my warrior when I tried with Rebel but I now go staff guardian which is much smoother,

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    That swhat I use my spare one (#12) for atm. Always up for a key run, shout if I'm on and you want to team up. Not sure its necessarilly faster with 2 - the upscaling killed my warrior when I tried with Rebel but I now go staff guardian which is much smoother,
    I have a spare slot and I have never done this but I could be tempted
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A run takes 25 mins ish and gets you 1 key and a few silver once you've sold everything (20s? Not really counted, bit low level bags and equipment do sell on TP). The variability in the key value is huge. You have about a 20% chance of a ticket scrap, 10of which are worth 50g or so, so that's 1g on average, plus a smaller chance of very valuable stuff (BL tickets, minis, everlasting tonics etc) and worthless boosters and other crap. Big advantage is that you can farm solo at a defined pace without a need for others ( Zerg, dungeon party or frost gorge train. ) it's less monotonous than gathering iron anyhow...

Did level 39 fractals, I filmed it, so will post the footage when I've edited it down to a reasonable length. Just as a guide though.

The first fractal took us 15mins, the second took about 55mins and the boss took us 10mins.
    The third fractal was dredge.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Epic run yesterday. Dredge was pretty much the last thing we wanted with that instability, making stealth essential for the button piece. I haven't done dredge much recently, but since they stopped you dying on the buttons stealth is a requirement. You can't tank as they hit too hard, you can't dodge as the buttons are too small, so bringing 3 thieves is probably the best option. Great run on bombs though, clown car was ok consisering the instability, and good run on the dredge boss.
    i expected cliffside to be worse with the knockbacks, but disappointingly noone got knocked over the edge.
    And now we are 40... (And in the game)

Well done in completing this
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Congrats on 40! I should be able to get up to 55 AR to join you...at some point.

Scarlet potions do work in fractals: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._armies_works/
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 02-03-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

if you want an idea of how it went, you can watch the video here:

http://blog.nmiller.co.uk/?p=1078

be warned, I only managed to cut out 2 thirds of the run.
    Last edited by hawksbane; 02-03-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks hawks. Will check it out, and probably cringe when I watch some of my play, though the instability made melee a bit tricky at times.
    On L40 we're probably in the realm where we may struggle to get a full party of 55AR , and even more so to be able to swap (my warrior and guard are ok, my thief needs a lot of work, so I can see some lower level runs for a bit before we brave L40.

On L40 we're probably in the realm where we may struggle to get a full party of 55AR , and even more so to be able to swap (my warrior and guard are ok, my thief needs a lot of work, so I can see some lower level runs for a bit before we brave L40.
    Hummm... we should be ok with 50 AR as well. Considering Squiz was quite successful at 3x with 30 AR I'd say that a competent player could do even with 45 AR.

As for swapping, we generally need to swap for pre-boss encounters where there's (mostly) no agony involved. Ofc, level 40 is going to be an exception, but for the rest I think we should be fine.

Thanks for the upload hawks, will watch tonight. I have to say level 39 was massively entertaining and even though we had two of the nastiest fractals (cliffside and dredge) I really enjoyed it. I'd even consider running it again at some point in the future (I'm cuckoo I know).
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    L40 is the one i am worried about:
    40 Agonizing Expedition You are frequently afflicted with agony.
    Checking the only vid of this (no specifics on wiki) I can find (cliffside 2 seals part) you seem to get hit with 3 ticks of agony randomly every 10-20 seconds. That compares with 9 ticks at the start of the maw. At 45AR that means 36% health loss a few times a minute which sounds a lot! 50AR should be fine. Biggest problem will be if we draw dredge, as I don't think we have enough thieves with that level of AR, or underwater (at least we can reroll that) as most folk with 55AR will have 10 of that on their weapon.

L40 is the one i am worried about:
    40 Agonizing Expedition You are frequently afflicted with agony.
    Checking the only vid of this (no specifics on wiki) I can find (cliffside 2 seals part) you seem to get hit with 3 ticks of agony randomly every 10-20 seconds. That compares with 9 ticks at the start of the maw. At 45AR that means 36% health loss a few times a minute which sounds a lot! 50AR should be fine. Biggest problem will be if we draw dredge, as I don't think we have enough thieves with that level of AR, or underwater (at least we can reroll that) as most folk with 55AR will have 10 of that on their weapon.
    Oh cool I can do that one then I have more than enough AR but yeah if we need thieves a reroll might be in order

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    So from what I've been hearing, if I were to gear up another character for Fractals (AR etc) it should be Thief? Or do we have enough of those now? I have Guardian at ~50AR and Warrior at 25-30, but could probably gear up something else if it would be useful.

This is the kind of useful goal that would help me get back into the game a bit, actually.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.