Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I'm afraid of heights. I may be along tonight.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I prob won't be on till 9 - think I have the late shift bringing my son back from cubs tonight.

Squiz - if we were in it for the loot we wouldnt be doing fractals. Even if we were in it for the ascended chests we probably ought to just run L10 daily... (Ah, remember the days when L20 seemed impossibly hard?)
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    probably won't be on tonight, have work leaving drinks (not mine). but would be up for some sub 40 runs over the weekend; even sub 30 so we can practice (for example Swamp, without instabilities)
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    probably won't be on tonight, have work leaving drinks (not mine). but would be up for some sub 40 runs over the weekend; even sub 30 so we can practice (for example Swamp, without instabilities)
    Not that I have done *that* many but a key thing for me is having a portal mesmer for the the first essence bit. Just eliminates so much crap dodging or the barriers that spawn. Swap back/to another alt after if needed but when the party has had one - it was a breeze, when not we could be lucky and it was okay or not and it was a pissing grind.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

It was Mossman causing us the trouble last week.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    We could do 9 if that's better
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Not that I have done *that* many but a key thing for me is having a portal mesmer for the the first essence bit. Just eliminates so much crap dodging or the barriers that spawn. Swap back/to another alt after if needed but when the party has had one - it was a breeze, when not we could be lucky and it was okay or not and it was a pissing grind.
    Practicing mesmer portal at swamp would be good.
    Also thief stealth at dredge (2 or even 3 thieves for the first bit, thief + mesmer for the bombs)
    Thief skipping past harpies in uncategorised is another thing we tried once but needed more practice, but as a failed jump by anyone other than the thief means resetting, I dont think it saves a huge amount of time
    For general mobs, ascalon and the start of snowblind are probably ones we fail unnecessarilly at on higher levels
    Grawl shaman and the molten duo probably the other 2 tricky bosses we could practice.

Dont hold the start on my account, Tweeti, if you get a group go ahead, but will try to be on as soon as I've put RL in its place.

Lower level runs at weekend would be good, Hawks.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Squiz - if we were in it for the loot we wouldnt be doing fractals. Even if we were in it for the ascended chests we probably ought to just run L10 daily... (Ah, remember the days when L20 seemed impossibly hard?)
    Fair enough, everyone has his or her own reasons to play the content I guess. However, since 3x is still sufficient to increase my fractal level, that's what I am willing to run atm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Won't be able to make it till half 9. Hope you get a group going without me.

Incredible scenes last night as Blaergh and Squirrel took down the last quarter of the Molten Berserker's health on their own... then Squirrel died at ~10%, and Blaergh gave us a masterclass in thief soloing -- he went down when the mob was on 1% and rallied off its death. Reminds me of our first time beating the Aetherpath boss...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    That's unacceptable. Wipe and restart.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Decent run yesterday. Dredge was ok (I'm a firm believer in the 2 thief solution now, so swapped out temporarily.), good skillz from Bleargh at the end; aquatic and molten made up the numbers. Huge difficulty difference between 20s and 40s, was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    That's unacceptable. Wipe and restart.
    Indeed, may the gods of min-max smite us!

Huh, it seems AR doesn't work in increments of 5. Every point of AR has effect, reducing damage taken.

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aring&sle=true
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    Huh, it seems AR doesn't work in increments of 5. Every point of AR has effect, reducing damage taken.

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aring&sle=true
    It only goes up to 70 ar?
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's ok, you're future proofed, Tweeti.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    It's ok, you're future proofed, Tweeti.
    I have addded 5 more AR this week so hmm fractal friday anyone?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Can't - I have to go to the pub and drink copious amounts of beer.
    Say Hi to mossman for me
    Should be about from 9ish Saturday for some fractal/dungeon or wubwub based shenanigans

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    I have addded 5 more AR this week so hmm fractal friday anyone?
    beat me to it.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Can't make it tonight either -- have fun.