Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Yes, there was a sea that was turned to jade in the past.

Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 12-07-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Network Hub
    Almost 500 years into the past, too: present day is 1326 AE, while the Jade Wind blew in 872 AE:

In 872 AE, the 26th emperor of Cantha, Angsiyan, was slain by his trusted bodyguard, Shiro Tagachi (...) [who] unleashed the magic he absorbed all at once, petrifying the surrounding area and all life within it in an event now known as the Jade Wind. Two hundred years later, Shiro Tagachi's spirit returned [=GW: Factions]
    Man do I want to return to Cantha.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Up to Frac L22 now, if any of you chaps who reached 21 want to do an even numbered run and still gain a fractal level from it. Also got a fractal scepter as a drop, which I'm keeping in trust as a present for my Guardian when he hits 80, as Ohara's having too much fun with Coldsnap to swap at the moment.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Grats for the weapon, the skins are quite good afaik. I suppose it is Account Bound?

As for being level 22, it's always good to not be forced to skip a bonus round and the chest.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Account bound, yes. I think that a better chance at these exceedingly rare skin drops are the only real benefit of doing higher than L26, apart from general bragging rights.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I need to do more fractals, just don't seem to have the time to do the high level ones at the moment; but yes, would love to do a lvl 22
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    I need to do more fractals, just don't seem to have the time to do the high level ones at the moment; but yes, would love to do a lvl 22
    200% agreement. I need to find more time for these!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Time is hard for the 20+ ones - even though you can reroll your first one, if you draw grawl and dredge after you can add at least an hour to your run. L22 ice, cliffside, uncategorised, jade took us under 1.5h yesterday though, ought to be an average run time. With RL pressures and Sat being guild missions I can only really set aside the 3h worst case scenario on Fri (hence my fractal fridays push, though its crappy that clashes with WvW reset) or maybe Sundays.

Not this Friday though. I have an impending collision with turning 40...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    In general Fridays are consistent with a WvW reset run -- you can get an hour and a half of WvW in and still easily have enough time for a fractals run. No good if you want to spend all eveningin WvW though, I guess.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    OK tomorrow (01/08) I'd like to do an easy fractal even if it is level 2 only for Evon. I'll ask around when I get home from work.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

I fancy a level 20 run on Friday night if people are up for it, post-reset.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm in. My wife (I was going to write Mrs Xanadu but that sounds rather dodgy) is out for the evening, so I'm free for the night. What level are folk on now? I've been stuck on 23 for a while now. Almost at my 26 goal.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    OK tomorrow (01/08) I'd like to do an easy fractal even if it is level 2 only for Evon. I'll ask around when I get home from work.
    If I'll be around I'd like to tag along. What time were you thinking?
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    It's getting easier afai can tell (as far as I) to get lower level fractal groups on the fly tbh Doodier, just ask around in rps chat as the hivemindless posse will generally come up trumps!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

My poor low-level necro might as well get some more fractal levels under his belt. Level 10 is fine for me, 20 very much is NOT. Other than that, it really doesn`t make a difference to me what you guys decide to do. Hopefully we won`t get Swampland and Dredge...

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I need a couple more 10+ runs for pristine relics, so I'm certainly in for something.

10 is usually the sweet spot for an easy fractal that still pays out.

20 as we've found can be bloody annoying :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    20 as we've found can be bloody annoying :P
    But it was another lovely episode of "ffs, pick me up, no too late, crap we're all dead"
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    we should really record these fractal runs; for posterity you understand.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    We can do Lvl10 tonight maybe around 7.30-8?
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    But it was another lovely episode of "ffs, pick me up, no too late, crap we're all dead"
    Haha! Our last 20 run was not nearly the worst we've had, but getting both Grawl and Dredge was particularly trying. IIRC we did the shaman without a wipe; if you manage not to roll Dredge, even lv 20+ can be relatively smooth.