Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Well I had fun this morning, working with a good SL whose name I keep forgetting. Then I was SL myself, and had fun there too!

Even though I wasnt able to get a sunderer up most of the time. Argh.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Even though I wasnt able to get a sunderer up most of the time. Argh.
    That happens with age, unfortunately you are just not as virile as you used to be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'm sure there's a booster you can buy with station cash to help.

Obscure Node
    I can understand why they have the deployment circle for sunderer's, prevents people having deployed sunderers littered around a base. It is annoying when you drive one from base to base without ever getting to deploy it!
    The other night I had bus full of people, and we found some enemy tanks. Mumble was full of people telling me to deploy so they could go heavy, engineer etc but I couldn't as we were still too close to the one deployed back at the base. Became less of an issue when the enemy tanks blew me up

Network Hub
    Sounds like I need to repost my sunderer guide. It is always easier to be a heavy before getting in the bus and switching at the destination. Needing to get out to murder tanks is not an unusual occurrence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    You can always get into the Sundy as engis and heavies and then when you arrive at the destination, change back once it's deployed to your own class.

How might I go about getting added to the RPS Miller server Vanu outfit? As in who should I message whilst I'm in the game?
    Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Can you speak on mumble? If so, just log in to Miller with a Vanu character and then wait for a lull in the mumblespeaks and ask for an invite to the Outfit.

If you can't speak in mumble, try typing in mumble and the text to speech will do roughly the same thing in a slightly less intelligible manner (or slightly more intelligible if you're Grible).

I'll be joining in this tomorrow (thursday). I'd join in tonight, but my father is visiting tonight so I'll be half watching the football whilst online.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Can you speak on mumble? If so, just log in to Miller with a Vanu character and then wait for a lull in the mumblespeaks and ask for an invite to the Outfit.

If you can't speak in mumble, try typing in mumble and the text to speech will do roughly the same thing in a slightly less intelligible manner (or slightly more intelligible if you're Grible).
    Right, I'll see about doing that then

Just a quick purple giraffe for everyone who helped take Amerish tonight.

This one is particularly for those in my Sunderer who flanked round and took the Highgrounds. No idea who shouted out the idea to move on the road to the West but I'm just glad I happened to be there to give you a lift round. Good times.

Purple Giraffe.jpg

It also seems my mic is being a bit muffled so sorry to anyone who's sound I muddle with my indecipherable ranting. My dog did sit on it earlier and that combined with a cheap quality headset seems to make me sound like Kenny from South Park, so maybe I should get a new one. Or change my name to Kenny. Who knows.

Activated Node
    It was a great evening. To think we had to capture our own tech plant at the beginning! We took so much crap from their mozzies as we pushed, but persisted and eventually got our revenge.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Had a great time leading the serious giraffes. Well done everyone in both platoons. Looking forward to playing tommorrow, and to mainly killing, not leading! Will be a nice change.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pigeon View Post
    No idea who shouted out the idea to move on the road to the West but I'm just glad I happened to be there to give you a lift round.
    That was me banging on about it for about 10 minutes, but nobody went for it until Cooper authorized it of course.

Yeah, Was amazing what was achieved by RPS tonight - it would seem that the Followers of Horace are a force to be reckoned with on Miller for the moment.
    I think we tend at a the moment a little too much to get dug in to endless inf-spawning stalemats. However on the flip side, effective vehicle usage involves both the certs to get good guns, and good communication between drivers/pilots and gunners - which is hard with 40 people in a channel and the need to have strategic chat too.

Network Hub
    One thing to say to you guys: NYAAAHHHH NC ARSENAL IS MINE

Well for about two minutes
    Last edited by evilbobthebob; 06-12-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I think we tend at a the moment a little too much to get dug in to endless inf-spawning stalemats. However on the flip side, effective vehicle usage involves both the certs to get good guns, and good communication between drivers/pilots and gunners - which is hard with 40 people in a channel and the need to have strategic chat too.
    I dunno. It shouldn;t be that common. Usually when I'm PL I do my best to avoid meatgrinders, whether that's offense or defense. Nothing's worse than spawning, dying, spawning again, dying a bit further forward. And so on. Usually I'll make a call to return to WG or pull back & grab mags if we're getting bogged down in a meatgrinder.

Cos' not only is it dull, it's a poor use of a pltoon, even a casually giraffe like one.

The stand at Highroads was largely because we weren't actually dying all that much, just mopping up TR as they came forward. It needed to be done: Better to set up a manageable choke point and hold than allow them to spread out and be a bigger problem. It also needed to be done for a cont. lock. Not much else can be done that close to a lock.

That being said, I realise spending over an hour at Highroads did drag on. It's not something I'd normally ever bother attempting; but look what we achieved! When that lock came through it felt pretty damned good. An epic night.

Though: NC got another lock on Amerish by about 2am...
    Last edited by Cooper; 06-12-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Rock, Planet, Shotgun
    Has grown to over

So here are 400 AWESOME purple giraffes:

Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    Thanks to all the serious giraffes (does it mean we are less purplish?) for yesterday. It was great fun. Good to hear we managed to lock in the continent in the end
    Very war-like experience at moments: wait wait wait run... get shot god knows where from... die - only difference I guess is that we got to repeat the process
    Also apologies to the person foolish enough to be my gunner. I really am a lousy grunt AND even worse mag driver

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Yesterday was great. We really accomplished something. And a special thanks to the Platoon and Squad Leaders. Thanks for taking the time to set up the comms. I don't know, but especially for a grunt like me in the Serious Giraffes it added to the experience. Wait for orders, take the objective, dig in, move out. It really added to the tension.

And purple giraffes of awesome to the Alpha and Bravo squads of the Serious Giraffes for the ride of the Valkyries towards the end. It was just gloriously silly, everyone in Scythes and Libs, flying to the biolab, and people in the comms going "ta-ta-ta-taa-taaaa-ta"!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Yeah, yesterday was fun. Epic defense even if it did drag out a bit in the end, but then I had to go to bed anyway. I think died just a handful of times and got a lot of tank-kills/assists. Got certed for C4 for my LA too.