Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Great fun (my first giraffe night). Highlight was probably the manic high roads hilltop... as combat medic, I got a lot of certs from just standing still spamming AoE heal :-)

strange

Really enjoyed yesterday evening. I was in Charlie Squad (I think) with Ata, Oak etc. I didn't hear proper comms even though I was signed into Mumble, just people joining etc. Will have to look into that next time.

Oak had some serious Fast Show style 'offroad' Sunderer driving going on, it was great craic. Looking forward to kicking ass again next week.

I also have a sundy deployment cert so if anyone thinks there is a need for particular upgrades give me a shout and I'll work towards them.

Whoever it was that led the suicide run in the sunderer that led to warp gating the TR in the casual giraffes - thank you. That was one of the best moments thus far!

So good when you manage to get the jump on the enemy...even better with a sunderer full of people on a whole platoon that leads to the taking of the base whilst their pants are down.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    For anyone like me that can't get the overlay working, or couldn't rather, I found a workaround.
    http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Mumble...ws_Server_2012
    Follow that and it should not crash any more. If you aren't directly linked to the part about Windows 8, just look for it in the table of contents.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Heads up:

I want to spend a night running a "proper" Gal. drop squad or two. The kind of thing I did back in PS1: Get in, get there, get out, gal pilots circle / shuttle respawning squadmates back, get the cap, get back in. Rinse repeat.
    Done well it feels amazing and can cut swathes into enemy territory. Not sure when I'll do it. Either on an ad hoc basis and I'll bully people in the channel into it, or next Wednesday I'll quietly pull a couple of squads out to do it. This is nothing much but a heads up: At some point you might be bundled into the back of my Galaxy and then kicked out over enemy territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Gal hot-dropping is my favourite bit in the game anyway.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Tha sounds like good fun, Cooper! I'm in whenever I happen to be online.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubbx View Post
    Whoever it was that led the suicide run in the sunderer that led to warp gating the TR in the casual giraffes - thank you. That was one of the best moments thus far!

So good when you manage to get the jump on the enemy...even better with a sunderer full of people on a whole platoon that leads to the taking of the base whilst their pants are down.
    Well I was lucky enough to drive the Sunderer but it seems it was CMaster's idea (after Cooper gave it the go ahead ) so thanks you should definitely go to him, along with everyone else in the bus.
    Fun times.

Gal drops are fun, and effective. The sudden appearance of a large number of infantry is disconcerting to the opposition, and difficult to counter.

Yup. I love this sort of thing

Network Hub
    My Gal runs tend to be one way trips, but are tremendous fun nonetheless. I'm happy to fly people where they need to be whenever I can.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Can you do suicide runs with the aircraft, so crash them into a sunderer or turret when you think you're going down? It doesn't seem that the burning debris of downed planes do any damage even to infantry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I don't think debris do any damage, but if you hit something while you're alive you do damage.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Debris from a destroyed aircraft pushed me through the floor of the world once. I ended up 250km away from any spawn points, and respawning left me under the world still (had to redeploy to fix). So it doesn't NORMALLY kill people, but...

Also saw a reaver pilot once get 4 or kills (including me) by just flying into a big group of infantry once.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I'll be on tommorrow and on sunday, hanging out with the girlfriend tonight.

Obscure Node
    Guys, guys. Guys. Just started playing this, I'm over the "What in the name of Stan do I do here?" and looking to get in some action with you find gents. How do I go about joining this Purple Giraffe busines?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tudou View Post
    Guys, guys. Guys. Just started playing this, I'm over the "What in the name of Stan do I do here?" and looking to get in some action with you find gents. How do I go about joining this Purple Giraffe busines?
    Join mumble server, go online, ask for invite by giving your name, accept invite. profit!

I've been crushed by a Mosquito pilot who was fed up with my dodging his bullets and decided to just flatten me. I wasn't even mad, it was a great move.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Heads up:

I want to spend a night running a "proper" Gal. drop squad or two. The kind of thing I did back in PS1: Get in, get there, get out, gal pilots circle / shuttle respawning squadmates back, get the cap, get back in. Rinse repeat.
    Done well it feels amazing and can cut swathes into enemy territory. Not sure when I'll do it. Either on an ad hoc basis and I'll bully people in the channel into it, or next Wednesday I'll quietly pull a couple of squads out to do it. This is nothing much but a heads up: At some point you might be bundled into the back of my Galaxy and then kicked out over enemy territory.
    Write Free Candy on the side of the Gal, that is the best way to do it!

Network Hub
    Another fun evening with the Purple Giraffe squads was had, being all sneaky-like and cutting the enemy off from their warpgate...

One of our sunderers got a little stuck in a gulley so we decided to nudge it out with the other one, while being very careful since getting two of them stuck would be embarrassing:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=113622130

oops
    Last edited by Yargh; 17-12-2012 at 01:16 AM.