Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    holy shit! i just checked out cortosis' stats ... and he killed outfitmembers 88 (!) times in total. lol. what the hell, man? (dewi is #1 with 19 deaths to cortosis)
    Last edited by qaz; 23-02-2013 at 12:50 PM.

I think it's that insane Magrider of his! Fully certed magburner = crazy escape manoeuvres. I've Saron'd for him a few times, hes usually moving too fast to dodge infantry! I've fallen foul to him 4 times myself

by the way, my most effective weapon according to the stat page are AI mines. arr.

I do use them all the time, mostly for annoying people that I know are going to catch up and kill me.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Now that I've checked my profile again, I see that I've been killed by Orius 5 times as well. So, I retract my previous comment, and say "he started it" :P

And Ridebird got me 4 times!
    The stats don't reflect how I most likely was bound to have ressed you .5 of a second later, though

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Tonight some guy named Robert Stoneman, who apparently does machinima professionally, will be filming at Miller from 7 pm CET and on. Just saw a post in the official forums and a tweet at the official @Planetside2.

https://twitter.com/planetside2/stat...61469711728640

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Purple Giraffe to SirWigglyBottom for PLing saturday evening. He did a stellar job (despita it being his first time as PL?) and we managed to cap Amerish.

Also, mad props to everyone in the platoon and all other outfits helping. We had some rough fights with some desperate defences, but we got there in the end. That last rush to Hidden Ridge Mining (on foot none the less) with I don't know how many VS was probably one of the best moments in PS2 for me as of yet. I can't say how proud I am of you all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah. SirWigglyBottom for Balloon Lead! Consider yourself nominated, sir. I bumped you up to Giraffe Beacon tonight. Also SirHoc, if he isn't already. Did an admirable job later on in the night.

Very good night overall, though, frustratingly, the TR pushed back in force at around eleven, when most of the VS had gone to Esamir. When I logged off just now, they were nearly back down at our warpgate, despite our valiant efforts at keeping them off. :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah. SirWigglyBottom for Balloon Lead! Consider yourself nominated, sir. // Also SirHoc, if he isn't already.
    Seconded x2

Good effort today guys. The communication liaising is a bit full-on, but it definitely helps, especially when you're able to drag forces from Indar's pointless struggles. There was some excellent team-work though and RPS thoroughly helped spear-head the attack against the TR. Even if we've since lost Amerish, we at least bloodied their noses, which is a good reminder to the enemy that despite what it may seem on Miller lately, the Vanu aren't pushovers.

Bonus screenshot I took.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks guys! I am SirWigglyBottom in case you were wondering .

All of you did a excellent job!

Also, its not quite fair to say it was my first time. First time in Planetside 2, thats true. But I have been playing at a tournament(bfewaw.com) since 2009 so I do have experience leading in FPS games. Although I have only once commanded a division(32 people ingame, 6 squads 4/5 infantry, 1 tanks).

I took it upon me to unlock the squadleader beacon and the command channel chat in planetside 2 this morning, I can see it becoming usefull in the future!

And as a final note, every single person did a excellent job last night, also the zerg and many other outfits. I remember us all being stuck at the dnatha biolab on the east, so the RPS outfit abandoned that place for a more fertile conquest. At the same time, whomever was fighting there managed to keep the Terran forces locked down. Allowing us to roll through the continent until we met up with those forces being the TR warpgate!

Glory for the Vanu!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I wonder if Cortosis's kills (and other FF kills) come from when the vehicle they own blows up, taking people out, especially as Cortosis is often in a Lib.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I wonder if Cortosis's kills (and other FF kills) come from when the vehicle they own blows up, taking people out, especially as Cortosis is often in a Lib.
    In my case it's more to do with me not being used to being around magmowers Almost all the deaths from Cortosis were from me getting in his way in the "early" days, especially at vehicle pads (not long after that I think he had the top end chassis on his mag, and couldn't run someone over even if he wanted to). After that period it was indeed being a gunner in his lib or magrider that did for me.

I hasten to add my post was never intended as any kind of criticism, I was merely stating something I'd found amusing.
    I would be surprised if anyone playing with an outfit for long, DIDN'T have an outfit member as his "top killed by".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    SirWigglyBottom promoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Question to the outfit:
    I've been thinking about an regular-ish, informal "outfit meetings" over Mumble. Once a month / every two weeks we gather in Mumble and just have a chat about the outfit / Miller goings on. Absolutely anyone welcome. Is this something that is worthwhile? I'd put together a series of discussion points and then post some minutes to this forum thread.

If so: Next Saturday, 7pm GMT? What should be on the agenda?
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Cooper: Im not sure how your all stratgir all pl thing is intended to work, but i assume its to cut down on the hundreds of whisper set-ups. It would also be worth having the ability for sls to talk to each other individually too. I have set up whispers on 1-4 in mumble myself, but there werent enough people last night to test it out.

How we set-up and use comms does need to be discussed.

We need a base system of organisation that works and evertyone can use so it's not custom for each and every PL. Something that works as a baseline and can be added to as each individual person wants.

What we currently have (all PLs and SLs in one big shout system) seems to be too much leadership chatter. People need to let me know what they want and I'll set it up.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Good Morning everybody,
    it is Monday today, so we all need some giraffes. Just for waking up and getting up from the bed...
    Why not a kittygiraffe:

hPr1Rx1.jpg

It is cute and looks sexy, at the same time.
    Have a great day/week!
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The fight for Amerish over Saturday/Sunday was pretty darn epic. Saturday evening/night we got stomped by TR and their 60% continent pop, but then on Sunday around noon'ish we rolled over them and took it back. Flying over hidden ridge with IR scopes was epic, so much infantry running everywhere. Amerish really has a couple of bases that brings out pretty darn epic fights, too bad there aren't enough fields for big tank battles.

Props to anyone who took the lead (Wiggly, Oak, etc) was too tired after sitting in a bus for 16-20 hours on Friday to help out with that. Hopefully we can arrange something similar and smash Esamir the same way. More outfit collaborations will definitely help when smashing face in the future.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    Good Morning everybody,
    it is Monday today, so we all need some giraffes. Just for waking up and getting up from the bed...
    Why not a kittygiraffe:

hPr1Rx1.jpg

It is cute and looks sexy, at the same time.
    Have a great day/week!
    Its adorable! :3 I hope we shall see you on silly mondays tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Its adorable! :3 I hope we shall see you on silly mondays tonight!
    i'm sorry i didn't join you. i felt abit sick and down. next monday??
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Re: Thursdays. I honestly don't like them. There's a lot of fiddling about with binds, it makes the social aspect of the game melt away a bit, and it's stressful. I enjoy leading a squad/platoon, but the way we do it is far too complicated. If you're a squad or platoon lead, you're essentially forfeiting being able to play attention to your battlefield because you're coordinating. We need to make things simpler, quicker and less fiddly. We've also got an in game voice system that works perfectly fine. This could be utilised to avoid less fiddling. not to mention including more member. We've got an outfit of hundreds, and Mumble servers but a fraction of that. I do enjoy sitting in mumble when i'm playing, and the banter is pretty good. But we've got to consider the other outfit members, as well. Using the in game voice system for command would be an ideal way to help this. If we have mumble as the place for banter, we can keep the in game voice available for using commands. Hell, text chat works too. Maybe that's not the right solution, but it's certainly an option. Maybe i just prefer the more casual days, when there's no need for keybinding or fluffing about. The in game tools are pretty basic, but they're useful enough to give a general idea. Hopefully they'll be expanded on, at a later date.