Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Yeah, I want to apologise to everyone bout yesterday. I was seriously out of it, after I got off, it felt like I drove from bavaria to vienna. SLing all day should be done with care, not like me.
    I've been thinking about this recently, actually. While it's obviously all time dependent, I've kept seeing the same names for PLs. Obviously it's a smaller pool than our SLs, but still and at any rate, I've missed being a PL at times. With this in mind, maybe we should have a self-imposed time limit as for how long someone leads? SLing is different because it's not quite as critical, but maybe having it so that unless we're deep in the middle of an objective or any other lack of reason to change, maybe we should rotate through our leaders every so often? Thoughts?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Yeah. It would also get more people to do it.

I'd try my hand at PLing, but I generally want to take a small break after about 90 minutes of play. As a PL I can't really get away from the platoon for 15 minutes so that's only workable if someone else would take over the shift.

Thank u guys for tonights derpgame. Oak, i laught so hard that i cried real tears... Love that smurfvoicething xD
    Good night!
    You need me again, sweet lips?

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    Thank u guys for tonights derpgame. Oak, i laught so hard that i cried real tears... Love that smurfvoicething xD
    Good night!
    Seconded. It tickles me every time. Tonight was a fantastic example of what wednesdays should be when we arent all bitching about format! I had an absolutely excellent time tonight, and even though we didnt necessarily win, as we were against it the whole time, we had a whole galaxy load of fun, including both proper play and silliness (oaks voice effects, singing songs, moxxis sound effects library to name but a few).

I think tonight does stand as a brilliant example of what the community is about, and what I think it originally set out to achieve, so kudos chaps.

Good night!
    Seconded. It tickles me every time. Tonight was a fantastic example of what wednesdays should be when we arent all bitching about format! I had an absolutely excellent time tonight, and even though we didnt necessarily win, as we were against it the whole time, we had a whole galaxy load of fun, including both proper play and silliness (oaks voice effects, singing songs, moxxis sound effects library to name but a few).

I think tonight does stand as a brilliant example of what the community is about, and what I think it originally set out to achieve, so kudos chaps.

P.S. theres a liklihood of double post again because i forgot to do it the safe way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I've been thinking about this recently, actually. While it's obviously all time dependent, I've kept seeing the same names for PLs. Obviously it's a smaller pool than our SLs, but still and at any rate, I've missed being a PL at times. With this in mind, maybe we should have a self-imposed time limit as for how long someone leads? SLing is different because it's not quite as critical, but maybe having it so that unless we're deep in the middle of an objective or any other lack of reason to change, maybe we should rotate through our leaders every so often? Thoughts?
    Yeah.

I said this earlier, but Wednesdays should have a stop-and-start moment at 8pm when a new PL takes over.

Doing this on other nights makes sense too. If someone starts BLing at about 5 or 6, they shouldn't be BLing come 8 or 9. For their own sakes if nothing else...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    ...we had a whole galaxy load of fun, including both proper play and silliness...
    Here comes some sillyness, with no fancy editing

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'm an so incredibly awful with a scythe that my incredibly awful skills lead me to getting a triple kill by suiciding into a libby.

I was amazed that after I bailed out I got messages for Kill, Kill, Kill, surface to air damage(???), kill streak stopper, revenge (they had killed me after I bailed but before they took the brunt of my scythe)

Here comes some sillyness, with no fancy editing
    That link doesnt work for me i'm afraid Moxxi, it's saying it's "private".
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

*mumbling bad words*
    im not home atm i'll fix it when i get home...

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    That link doesnt work for me i'm afraid Moxxi, it's saying it's "private".

This one should work...

This one should work...
    I feel like we need David Attenborough narrating the strange mating ritual of the rare flying giraffe. Fire and spectators are essential to breeding success.

Nicely captured though Moxxi, there were a lot of fun moments, we really should have thought about capturing some more of it, but I guess fun comes from spontaneous behaviour.

Heres to a truck load more nights like this in the near future!

Network Hub
    Thanks for last night, especially to Cortosis for BLing a very fun spell of small platoon action. You did really well both in finding good fights, and in combining spells of looser "attack that area" play with much more focused squad tactical direction. The training gal runs and suicide stands at the Crown were a nice addition too; dieing shoulder to shoulder in one building after holding off inevitable TR overrun as long as possible seemed a good way to foster esprit de corps(es).

All in all, it made for a varied and highly enjoyable night. I like the idea bandied about of doing more of this tactical training, be it a specific occasional night, or just short spells as warm ups and to gel the platoon from time to time on casual nights.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This one should work...

I imagine this is how entire groups of whales/dolphins get beached together - "OH NOES BILLY IS UPSIDE DOWN QUICK EVERYONES MAKE HIM NOT UPSIDE DOWN OH SHIT WAIT HELP I'M STUCK TOO OH GOD WE'RE ALL STUCK HALP HALP".

Disclaimer: I'm not a whale-hater. Honest.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Nuke W(h)ales
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    "OH NOES BILLY IS UPSIDE DOWN QUICK EVERYONES MAKE HIM NOT UPSIDE DOWN OH SHIT WAIT HELP I'M STUCK TOO OH GOD WE'RE ALL STUCK HALP HALP".
    That is sort of just exactly what happen
    Haha!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Current state of mind post-Amerish below in the powerful video below. Very well fought though. It's too bad almost all other VS lack our skill, dedication and organization. We should feel proud though!
    Find me on the Steams

I'm so angry... I just downloaded a movie and grabbed my ben and jerry ice cream from the freezer. i will cry in anger and eat it...
    more frustrated moxxi will you never ever find

What happened?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    One territory left to cap on Amerish. Not enough reinforcements.

TR force squashes through as we lose one territory on the west flank and must retake it. BRTD and the gang outnumber us in under five minutes and just ram all over the continent.

MDKs soldiers didn't want to leave Indar even though their leader did. He also brought some others over. We basically were, as usual, outnumbered and VS was sticking to Indar..
    Find me on the Steams