Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yeah no one was working together. And we lost Indar. Yup.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Yeah no one was working together. And we lost Indar. Yup.
    sounds like a bad night last night...?
    i love you all anyways <3
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Lesser Hivemind Node
    bloody hell.

indar was most definitely a ghost cap, and i think it was the NC. this can't stand. this is heresy. indar belongs to vanu!

Ghost cap? No.

We - a select few Vanu - did a last stand til 2 AM CET. The TR and NC worked together and very, very likely the bigger alliances on both sides had ganged up. There was about 37% TR and 35% NC online so.

Now, I REAAAAALLY hope new players/noobs/randoms do not leave Vanu. I am terribly afraid that the situation will get even worse. I am not like EuroBob - I don't like being the underdog at all.

And no, it is not about the fucking warpgates - at primetime the best number Vanu has seen in weeks is about 30%. We're usually around 27%. That makes captuing and holding stuff ridiculously hard.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Last night we seemed to be outnumbered everywhere we went. Even when we got the surprise or the jump on them it didn't help, like delta getting the shields and scu down in the biolab and then coming close to capping it. They re-enforced and we tried to too but by the time we (delta) were mobilizing elsewhere we still hadn't come close to capping it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I logged on at 3 am again and saw a 40% nc pop, which is why i had assumed a ghostcap. but man ... it's a shame. the pop is a severe issue at the moment as we went from almost equal/superior numbers to severely underpopulated just with GU2. If we want to stand a chance of recapping indar, we need to organise all outfits and possibly a late night op. I'd very much like to see it happen, as it's needed for morale, i think.

i have an idea. why don't we just log in at an early morning and cap it all back? ppl that have been busy all night caping will be asleep at that time and we can ninja cap everything. (no i don't know how many it usually is in the mornings or how early early is...)

i'm being serious, i usually am not, but right now i actually am. is it a crap idea tell me that.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Could be a good bet, if it was organised on a weekend pretty early we should be able to get numbers else I see work getting in the way for a lot of people.

Would have to be a fast strike though as re-inforcements wouldn't be far away for the enemy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Never saw the fun in capping a continent when there's no resistance. It's like entering a race by yourself and you're the only participant just so you can get the gold.

I'll have much more fun later taking back the continent from the warpgate.

I propose tonight RPS fix the indar not being ours issue. Tell our allies, lets get organised and steam roll through indar. Semi Strat maybe?

i was just thinking that if we wanted to have it back just BECAUSE, it could be an alternative. but if you want a fight, well... let's give them a fight to remember!
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

I was logged in at around 6:30am (GMT) this morning, Amerish was completely dead, I helped a group of about four people cap half a dozen bases. Then I got bored and started practicing my gal flying. It's rather fun roaming around an empty contenent being chased by a lone Reaver. However ghost capping is sooo dull, but I'd be happy to help out as I'm usually up and playing something by 6:15am most days anyway.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i'd say our chances to cap indar during primetime are very slim, as we just won't get the necessary numbers advantage (unless we get every single vs outfit to cooperate). we could try something tonight, and if that fails we go for the ghost cap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If we get most other VS outfits to cooperate, I think we have a decent chance of taking Indar. We have a lot of really good players, and there are not many where NC and TR can hold us back once we get out of the canyons. It's all desert or lush green hills. It was practically made for a nice walk to their respective warpgate, slaughtering and capping as we go.

And even if we don't take Indar, I think we'll have a blast fighting with all other outfits.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Well, I was checking the new players' site and thought to check the live map, when I saw the situation in Indar, so I logged back in. We tried, but couldn't do anything.

I believe though that it will be a wake up call for the VS. We need more inter-outfit coordination, and last night will force us to do that.

And I think that Indar can be re-taken. But it needs to be a large scale operation. And to that effect, last night's Esamir offered some valuable lessons. Both a public platoon and special squads (like the Delta Force and the Air Squad) are great tools. But also, a platoon leader can be overwhelmed when directing more than one platoon. He or she needs support staff. Besides a liaison officer for leader chat, each platoon under such a scheme should have its own PL, directing it. The Balloon Leader for the night should concern him- or herself with the strategic and operational aspects, and the tactical situation of each platoon be handled by the individual Platoon Leader.

And we need drills. It seems Ridebird's Delta Force was immensely successful. And he had people with him that regularly lead squads and platoons. Transfer that experience.

What you all are not thinking about is that Indar is full at primetime. That means we have equal numbers since the factions have a number of slots each.

That means we do have a shot at doing it if we organize.

We did not organize at all last night, and if we DO organize, we can do it. The reason the TR and NC did it late at night is because they so vastly outnumber us, and late at night when Indar is not full they will ALWAYS win. That's why primetime is our real shot - or ghostcap at about 5 AM.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    alright. all hands on deck then tonight? do the continents really have a set amount of slots, or can we be sneaky and get more people on there if we act early and make people queue up for indar?

eclectic brought up some good points. if we're doing a proper large scale op, the supreme giraffe should not lead a platoon, but coordinate all available platoons and outfits. also .. someone liaising with the outfits that are on will have to be done tonight. i'd guess that we absolutely need DIG, DWG, and FRC on board. ISK, MDK and burp would be nice.

how did the public platoon work yesterday? Did we manage to fill it up? if so, we could think about going the DIG route and opening 1-2 up tonight as well and funnel people in there via orders.

I don't believe it can be done tonight. There are some considerations that we should discuss in mumble, besides the fact that we need to do a couple of large scale inter-outfit ops, so we work out that part of the equation. Among the larger outfits, we still have not established a reliable working relationship with DIG and DWG, and those are essential, if the Vanu are to succeed.

Both of them seem very unwilling to work with us too. Which sucks.

I don't know for sure if I'll be on tonight.
    Find me on the Steams

Last night is the incentive that will change their attitude. We need the larger outfits.

We need to start discussing with the rest of the outfits. And work out some details among ourselves. It is feasible, but it needs some groundwork first.