Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Well. I'm on Eastern Europe 2. The western servers are completely broken and never work.
    Find me on the Steams

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Somewhat off-topic I know, but since it was brought up: RPS SimCity seems to be played on the server Europe West 2. I've got a region set up there, and can pitch invites to those who want to try some multiplayer. Send me a friend request in Origin, and I can invite you, as soon as I get back into the game and figure out how to do region invites. Bloody server clusterfuck...
    Cant play yet, says game not released yet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    There is a thread specifically for SimCity. We should probably continue this discussion there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar

It didn't end well. To be fair, it was me who eventually got it destroyed.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Purple Giraffes of Awesome to everyone and all who were on last night, during the TVA event. While the main force was pushing against the NC, RPS held the line against the TR, even when we were the only outfit doing it, even on Andvari, late at night, where we were down to 9 guys. It was fun, especially the tank battle between Crossroads and Xenotech. Nerfed or not, Magriders with Giraffes are always OP

Because even our Giraffe Calves are that badass!

He remindes me of Yoda
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Cross post from the "Giraffes - Our allies" thread, since the discusion about the War Correspondent started there.

Apparently invaderZim used to work with the guy, and contacted him via Steam just a little while ago. He will follow us tomorrow, Monday. He has requested that we play on Esamir (first video was NC on Indar, second TR on Amerish, so third Vanu on Esamir). He'll probably be on at 8:00 pm GMT, so how about we get online at 7:30 to organise things? I've also done a post in the TVA forums.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just um.... the other videos he did have been rather serious stuff... face of killers and that sort of thing... we are sort of running around in giraffe spandex? I hope he doesn't mind that, though i guess we could try to come off as we want to be visible, we _want_ the enemies to know that it is the giraffes they are facing.

I would go with the angle of us being complete madmen. Randomly choosing to camouflague ourselves as giraffes sort of fits that..
    Find me on the Steams

Giraffe Berserkers, that's a nice abstract image for you. Diehard Vanu extremists, clad head-to-toe in the warpaint of our ancestors.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Breaking News: Battle has broken out again on Esamir, somewhere on the Ceres server. Join War Correspondent Robert Stoneman at 8PM CET (11AM PST) as he covers the action on Auraxis.

wut?
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Breaking News: Battle has broken out again on Esamir, somewhere on the Ceres server. Join War Correspondent Robert Stoneman at 8PM CET (11AM PST) as he covers the action on Auraxis.

wut?
    InvaderZim said he'd do some generic footage today, and follow us tomorrow. I guessed it would be both on Miller, but at least we're still on for tomorrow.

I'll be on tonight, galdroppin all over (for a couple of hours at least, then I gotta study again..)
    Last edited by RIDEBIRD; 11-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Ok, I've been away and not checking the forums and am confused.

To check: From 8pm (UTC?) some guy who does videos for SOE will be follwing RPS (or TVA in general)?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Ok, I've been away and not checking the forums and am confused.

To check: From 8pm (UTC?) some guy who does videos for SOE will be follwing RPS (or TVA in general)?
    Yes and yes

It's going to be great, if he does as good a job as he has done with the other two (which im sure he will) then that's pretty much our "video" sorted to put forward as part of our main article request.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Request:
    If you are handing out a purple giraffe award, please include an image.

It makes keeping a record of who has recieved one really difficult otherwise. if you have previously awarded the award without including an image, please repeat it.

Also, half the point of it was to fill the thread with images of pruple giraffes.

Also, can people start having a poke around:
    www.rockplanetshotgun.com

And offer some criticisms (background not final at all btw.)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Pedantry mode engaged.

Home page is fine.

About has a few editing issues:
    -Second sentence doesn't need the "Because of this" at the beginning.
    -Last line, first paragraph, typo with "wori" - presumably that should be 'work'.
    -First sentence, second paragraph - would read better as "We focus on infantry play, but understand/appreciate/realise [delete unwanted] that PlanetSide 2 requires organised groups to be adaptive."
    -Second paragraph under 'Information for...', second line, I think 'via' works better than 'over'.
    -Same para, third line; roles should be role.

Recruitment page:
    -First line under 'How to join us', you can get rid of 'Because we' and replace with "With'. There's also no punctuation mark after arsehats.
    -Second para, replace "which" with 'This'.
    -Need a comma after microphone.
    -Third para, first line, you can replace "Which that means is" with "If you".
    -Last para, the second part of the first sentence is a tad clumsy. Consider the sentence as "The details for how to join Mumble, and much more information about the outfit, can be found in the Rock, Paper, Shotgun forums under Game Clubs and General Sociability OK and then the PlanetSide 2 sub."

Everything else looks great.

/Pedantry mode.

(I apologise if that seems overly critical, but I'm a keen eye for editing errors.)