Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nooo! Sad about MDK, sounds like they would have made all the difference and their leader knew so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yup.. Basically they split casual/strat like us. But their leaders are not allowed to just bring the platoon against the platoons will I think. Most of the soldiers wanted to be pointless and farm Indar. Fittipaldi and some of his crew came over to Amerish and helped us a lot.

What we really missed was being able to talk to DIG.
    Find me on the Steams

I cant find the post that listed all our active Miller allies...

Related to earlier... We should definitely instigate Miller VS activity. Is there a general Miller VS forum somewhere that we can actively participate in? Or is there a list of all the outfit leaders so i can friend them all?

Also, can anyone remember when we were on Esamir the other day and we had that dedicated air squad? Was that DWG or just a smaller outfit? We should definitely do that again. Invite small outfits into our platoons, if theyre already organised as it is then we can just paint them in to our masterpiece. I do think in general though we should try to be the banner that the outfits rally on, or at least recognise enough to listen to. We were so close earlier.

Off the top of my head i can think of:

DWG
    MDK
    BURP

Oh... That's it.

That DIG idea you had Ridebird, i agree with it.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 18-02-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Don't forget UBAD and PVL, which have both in the past had squads join in with our platoon. Especially UBAD. Eurobob is very good in leader chat.

Also last night Druckwelle (or Drueckwelle, cant remember if there is an umlaut or not) was helpful, as we were once again clearing up the south ridge of Indar. DWHQ ingame. I think it was Flexliz or something.

Of course FRC (French Connection) seems to be a capable outfit.

And among the biggest and more organised, also ISK.

There is also IVRI, 77th, F, VC, and a lot of others. These I think were founded by old PS1 veterans.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Yeah, I was doing my best to try and make contact with other outfits before I entered PhD hell.

I would like to see RPS be a driving force behind getting Miller VS outfits working together.

I'll be honest and say that TVA was more useful than some have suggested, but less useful than I hoped. It's gotten us contacts with other outfits and has led to some degree of cooperation. MDK leaders get huge props from me here. Saul, Thundrhawk and others too.

Getting in contact with BURP was an excellent call. We need to do more of this.

Things to do:

1) I still plan on writing that 'open letter' to DIG come 1st March. I'll run it by here and some other outfit leaders see if I can't get some people to sign up to it.

2) In the meantime, try to get in contact with Justica (Dignity, Justica... I know....). A platoon leader for DIG he's proven to be a sound presence in /command willing to direct their platoons as best they can rather than simply farm...

3) RPS PUG platoons. Let's start trialing these.

4) Look into setting up a dedicated forum / community website for Miller. Forums are relatively cheap. A public area for discussion (cross faction) plus an area for outfit leaders (VS) to communicate. Something bigger and more widespread than is tumble-weed central over at the TVA forums...
    Necessarily this will mean it'll be less secure (something Stanis / Basti seem pretty concerned about on the TVA side...) but personally I'd rather we made plans and had communication between VS outfits that was 'leaky' and being passed on to the other factions than none at all...

5) be more active in /command This is by far the best way to make contacts. Make RPS a felt presence. When you are platoon leader, send a quick hello over /command as the first thing you do. Say RPS has a platoon on the go and ask where people are, what they're up to, where the fight is. keep using /command even if it seems empty. Because it's not empty. It never is. i will often update /command with relevant information about enemy movements, what RPS is up to etc. and almost always, after half a dozen or so messages, someone or some people will start to respond and coordination will just happen. It does need to be forced a bit though. In general RPS hould try to be a felt presence in /command NOT by telling people by what to do, bu by asking for information, asking how it's going, making sure /command is being used for coordination. /command is only gonna be whatever we make it, because at the end of the day it's basically just an IRC channel. Anyone who knows IRC channels knows they only become what the users make it. Let's make /command for VS on Miller a friendly and useful space for cross-outfit coordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

4) Look into setting up a dedicated forum / community website for Miller. Forums are relatively cheap. A public area for discussion (cross faction) plus an area for outfit leaders (VS) to communicate. Something bigger and more widespread than is tumble-weed central over at the TVA forums...
    Necessarily this will mean it'll be less secure (something Stanis / Basti seem pretty concerned about on the TVA side...) but personally I'd rather we made plans and had communication between VS outfits that was 'leaky' and being passed on to the other factions than none at all...

In this regard, check out what the Guild Wars guys have done with the Gunnars Hold server forums. Well I say what they have done, I don't think they have set it up, but it's a good example of what can be done to minimise spies. Basically a few nominated people from each guild allow access to private sub forums. It'll take some managing but if only PL's and a select few who we trust can access the forums (and only the ones we trust, mind) it may minimise other factions seeing what we're up to/when outfit nights are etc (not that ours are any secret right now, if you know where to look).

I'm probably being a bit strict with it, but the example from the Guild Wars 2 Gunnars Hold Community Forums is pretty good. I know Squirrel is very active in the GW2 community, and though he doesnt seem to play PS2 any more it might be worth sending him a PM to see what's what. (webby: http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/)

In this regard, check out what the Guild Wars guys have done with the Gunnars Hold server forums. Well I say what they have done, I don't think they have set it up, but it's a good example of what can be done to minimise spies. Basically a few nominated people from each guild allow access to private sub forums. It'll take some managing but if only PL's and a select few who we trust can access the forums (and only the ones we trust, mind) it may minimise other factions seeing what we're up to/when outfit nights are etc (not that ours are any secret right now, if you know where to look).

I'm probably being a bit strict with it, but the example from the Guild Wars 2 Gunnars Hold Community Forums is pretty good. I know Squirrel is very active in the GW2 community, and though he doesnt seem to play PS2 any more it might be worth sending him a PM to see what's what. (webby: http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/)
    Last edited by Dewi; 17-02-2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Got the post back! Woo! Stupid 'puters!

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    One territory left to cap on Amerish. Not enough reinforcements.

TR force squashes through as we lose one territory on the west flank and must retake it. BRTD and the gang outnumber us in under five minutes and just ram all over the continent.

MDKs soldiers didn't want to leave Indar even though their leader did. He also brought some others over. We basically were, as usual, outnumbered and VS was sticking to Indar..
    Heh, and that was my first foray into RPS planetsiding mayhem... I joined when we were already within firing distance of their warpgate, and because I had no working mic I just tried to follow people around and revive & heal all I could. So there I was busy doing my thing, everything looked to be all right and I thought "wow, this outfit clearly gets things done" as it was maybe the second time on my (admittedly short) PS2 career that I was so near to an enemy warpgate. When all of a sudden, the tide turned. And boy, did it turn fast. It was rather shocking really.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Heh, and that was my first foray into RPS planetsiding mayhem... I joined when we were already within firing distance of their warpgate, and because I had no working mic I just tried to follow people around and revive & heal all I could. So there I was busy doing my thing, everything looked to be all right and I thought "wow, this outfit clearly gets things done" as it was maybe the second time on my (admittedly short) PS2 career that I was so near to an enemy warpgate. When all of a sudden, the tide turned. And boy, did it turn fast. It was rather shocking really.
    Yup, within 5 mins we'd gone from having ~35% pop to 20% as the TR brought everyone over. Was a little depressing tbh being that close.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Now there are server forums over at psu.
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...play.php?f=103
    Maybe some people could convince them to create "alliance subforums in these were only the outfit leaders have access to.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I was crushed, really. I couldn't keep on playing after that. We had pushed and I had organized it all for like three hours. To not get that cap was just soulcrushing.

Cooper: I'm going to make a thread for our allies and who to contact. I have been using both order and /leader (/command? same thing?) a lot lately, trying to organize. Quite a lot of people recognize RPS and yesterday mostly everyone in there listened to me and my requests for backup or for places to get defended, that were on Amerish that is. I managed to get over a lot of people to Amerish as well by saying that this is our chance and such, and it worked, kinda. But we needed more.

The leader channel works very well now. It's only sometimes I don't get any response at all, but then I start using tell instead and usually get through. TVA has worked well lately and VS has been getting more organized with these contacts. We have for sure been the driving force behind it at least.

So I'll go whip up a thread with our current allies and who they are, who to contact, and such.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    You may have been, but just to emphasize - please do get on Mumble even if you don't have a microphone, as it's very hekpful to you and to the rest of the platoon if you can hear warnings and instructions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yes, Mumble ftw. Instructions such as "redeploy to warpgate and move out in galaxies in 60 seconds!" are rarely given in outfit/platoon chat, for instance.

@ Cooper

I'll try and make a point of creating a PUG platoon whenever theres a decent amount of us on... Thinking i'll definitely set one up this Thursday, call it 'RPS StratGir Support' or something...

Anybody got any good ideas for names?

Something Giraffe related maybe? Giraffe Tower? Purple Giraffes? Considering most of us now are Giraffe Graffes.... If you see what i mean.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 18-02-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Something a bit more serious sounding will probably attract more people. Or, I'd take that more seriously, anyway. Something along the lines of "RPS public platoon" or "RPS open platoon", or even "Rock, Planet, Shotgun open platoon". Might also be good to write what continent we're playing on.

Obscure Node
    'The RPS Giraffe Lounge'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Giving it a Giraffe name might lead to confusion with the actual RPS platoon?

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    @ Cooper

I'll try and make a point of creating a PUG platoon whenever theres a decent amount of us on... Thinking i'll definitely set one up this Thursday, call it 'RPS StratGir Support' or something...

Anybody got any good ideas for names?

Something Giraffe related maybe? Giraffe Tower? Purple Giraffes? Considering most of us now are Giraffe Graffes.... If you see what i mean.

Yeah, I'm all for excessive clarity. Wittiness and in-jokes are fun and fair game whenever we're rolling an outfit platoon, but if we are to attract the attention of outsiders, they need to have a decent idea of what they are getting themselves into. The purpose needs to be clear, and it needs to sound at least a little inviting.

No pressure.

Good point, cheers!

I've been playing around with names in an open squad for the past hour, got the most joins when it was called RPS Public Platoon.

Do agree though, it's got to sound enticing hasnt it. We're selling the oppertunity to come and play along side us i guess.

Yeah, and it's got to be clear that that is what we are selling. And whenever we do this, we become ambassadors for the outfit, even more than we are in regular play and interactions with other players. So, be nice, and communicative, and supportive and all that good stuff. Make them all envy us! (I'm sure everyone realizes this, just wanted to press the point home.)